Wednesday v Vegan Tree Huggers official match 'fred'

Reesh

Just now, Reesh said:

I don't want to see many changes, it disrupts the game

You are right, that it does disrupt the game.

But there are also some advantages: we can protect key players from injury, I finally see Wilks on the pitch and the fringe players get an opportunity to stake their claim. 

10 hours ago, Supercockle said:

That was a walk in the park. Comfortable from start to finish. Some very well worked / taken goals too.  

Couldn't decide if we were really good or they were just really bad, but we won't have an easier game all season. Not sure when their three shots were, I think I remember one blocked shot in the whole game?!

17 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Couldn't decide if we were really good or they were just really bad, but we won't have an easier game all season. Not sure when their three shots were, I think I remember one blocked shot in the whole game?!

I think someone had a really weak header that was off target. 

It was a non-contest from the start IMO. They put us under no pressure at all and before they knew it, the game was over. We didn’t need to play particularly well but the goals we scored in the first half were of our creation, not their mistakes. 

3 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Read a few comments that it was too easy, bit boring as it wasn't a contest.

Clearly those fuckers have forgot Rushden and Diamonds, Dagenham etc.

I would happily see us win 5 Nil every week at a stroll, than struggle to a 2-2 against nine man Yeovil.

Fuck that, I'll happily stroll to 4-0 up at half time every week. 

As a total aside was it me or was DM a lot more decisive with his subs? Or maybe I just didn't notice as we weren't chasing something 😂

You know what I am most pleased about? Iorfa.

I’ve been an advocate of dropping him, but he was good at Bolton last week, he was good against Rochdale and he was good yesterday. It helps that he’s playing outside of Ihiekwe who is a very very good defender. We look very solid on that side between him and Palmer.

• Like 1

I’ve given it a couple of nights before posting, but I’m still a bit disappointed with how the game progressed on Saturday. Is it just me?

I’ll get the caveat in first. I appreciate that it’s the points that count and having secured them at half time it’s mainly about seeing the game out whilst minimising the risk of fatigue and injuries. And five goals is nothing to sneeze at, but…

But I left the ground feeling short changed. At 4-0 I was hoping for a thumping win. I don’t think I’ve ever seen us score 8. It’s years since a 7. Why not go for 10? It wasn’t beyond the realms of possibility if we’d have stuck to the task. I’d like, just once, to see us get a truly big score. FGR we’re worse than Cheltenham last season when similar happened and we stuck at 6. 

What made it worse for me was seeing the Scouser’s go from 5 at half time. They didn’t sit back and take it easy second half. Neither did Celtic yesterday. Top teams don’t reflex until the final whistle: and we’re a top team in this league. Did nice chap Darren Moore feel sorry for them? If so, leave that for full time.

But it’s not just the lack of second half goals. I was hoping when the subs came on that we’d see whether Adeniran really can be a future replacement for Bannan. Let’s see whether the hype about Wilks has been justified. Give him something to chase down the channels or behind the big defenders. But no, neither showed anything much. That’s not to aim criticism their way: when the rest of the team is playing walking football, it’s difficult for anyone else to get going. 

And whilst we rested legs, it seems that we rested minds too. There was a lot of sloppy passes in the second half. Players just not concentrating. All in all, a good first half, second half was a stroll, but a wasted opportunity, and somewhat disappointing.

• Like 4

W

1 hour ago, M42Owl said:

I’ve given it a couple of nights before posting, but I’m still a bit disappointed with how the game progressed on Saturday. Is it just me?

I’ll get the caveat in first. I appreciate that it’s the points that count and having secured them at half time it’s mainly about seeing the game out whilst minimising the risk of fatigue and injuries. And five goals is nothing to sneeze at, but…

But I left the ground feeling short changed. At 4-0 I was hoping for a thumping win. I don’t think I’ve ever seen us score 8. It’s years since a 7. Why not go for 10? It wasn’t beyond the realms of possibility if we’d have stuck to the task. I’d like, just once, to see us get a truly big score. FGR we’re worse than Cheltenham last season when similar happened and we stuck at 6. 

What made it worse for me was seeing the Scouser’s go from 5 at half time. They didn’t sit back and take it easy second half. Neither did Celtic yesterday. Top teams don’t reflex until the final whistle: and we’re a top team in this league. Did nice chap Darren Moore feel sorry for them? If so, leave that for full time.

But it’s not just the lack of second half goals. I was hoping when the subs came on that we’d see whether Adeniran really can be a future replacement for Bannan. Let’s see whether the hype about Wilks has been justified. Give him something to chase down the channels or behind the big defenders. But no, neither showed anything much. That’s not to aim criticism their way: when the rest of the team is playing walking football, it’s difficult for anyone else to get going. 

And whilst we rested legs, it seems that we rested minds too. There was a lot of sloppy passes in the second half. Players just not concentrating. All in all, a good first half, second half was a stroll, but a wasted opportunity, and somewhat disappointing.

When did we put 6 past Cheltenham?

2 hours ago, M42Owl said:

It's not just you.  I also had hoped that we would have scored some goals in the second half.

IMO we should have brought on three or four fresh players at halftime, who are hungry to put their name on the scoresheet. 

Maybe it was better this way to avoid unnecessary injuries, but I was still disappointed. DM might have learnt from the Portsmouth game last season, when Bannan made his ridiculous run although we already had won the game. The knock he took from that overexcited run might have contributed to our poor performance in the playoffs.

• Like 2

On 26/08/2022 at 17:50, Reesh said:

This is the 'bloke' behind the preview, the fat little incel predicted us to be mid table as well, someone at Wednesday clearly must gave rattled his Foster mums at some point.

spacer.png

Wasn't he pushed off a cliff in Eastenders?

• Haha 1