Wednesday v Vegan Tree Huggers official match 'fred'

Reesh

DM 💬 "Michael Smith has been back in training which has been great to see, he's progressing well. 

"We'll make a decision on him in the morning and we'll do the same for Fizz."  

DM 💬 "I'm really pleased to have Mallik on board, he's been a breath of fresh air. 

"He's hungry and chomping at the bit and as the days go by it's about getting the consistent training into him and using him when we see fit."

DM 💬 "Ben Heneghan has picked up a strain and will be out for a few weeks." 

DM 💬 "Forest Green have done well. They won the league last year, winning a championship shows the club is moving forward and has consistency.  

"They come into this season confident and looking to make their mark and we know we have to build on the start we've had."

Sheffield Wednesday v Forest Green Rovers

Double Chance: Draw/Forest Green

In many respects, this trip to Hillsborough is a free hit for Forest Green Rovers.

If they win or even earn a point, it will be an iconic day that will do wonders for confidence in their maiden third-tier campaign: if they don’t, they could reasonably say that their season won’t be defined by these types of games.

The outlook of Ian Burchnall – a highly-regarded, process-driven coach who succeeded Graham Potter at Ostersund – will be to play on the front foot on the big stage.

Sections of home support may instinctively have an initial huff about facing clubs like FGR in the first place, so if Burchnall’s side can take an early griphold of the middle third and start to call the shots through their midfield quartet, there will be murmurs of discontent in the Spion Kop.

Sheffield Wednesday have had a great start to the season results wise, and deservedly won 2-0 at Bolton last time out, but performances in victories over MK Dons and Charlton have not been wholly convincing.

The control of Ben Stevenson and Regan Hendry, the bite of David Davis and the craft of Reece Brown is more than capable of combining for the Green Devils to fashion openings for Josh March, a nippy striker who will look to run in behind.

Wednesday may have the better individual midfielders, like Barry Bannan and George Byers, but Forest Green are the better coached side, they may find numerical advantages in certain areas in a way that their hosts don’t and could put the Owls in a disgruntled mood.

Preview from BetVictor

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JBO said:

In many respects, this trip to Hillsborough is a free hit for Forest Green Rovers.

If they win or even earn a point, it will be an iconic day that will do wonders for confidence in their maiden third-tier campaign: if they don’t, they could reasonably say that their season won’t be defined by these types of games.

The outlook of Ian Burchnall – a highly-regarded, process-driven coach who succeeded Graham Potter at Ostersund – will be to play on the front foot on the big stage.

Sections of home support may instinctively have an initial huff about facing clubs like FGR in the first place, so if Burchnall’s side can take an early griphold of the middle third and start to call the shots through their midfield quartet, there will be murmurs of discontent in the Spion Kop.

Sheffield Wednesday have had a great start to the season results wise, and deservedly won 2-0 at Bolton last time out, but performances in victories over MK Dons and Charlton have not been wholly convincing.

The control of Ben Stevenson and Regan Hendry, the bite of David Davis and the craft of Reece Brown is more than capable of combining for the Green Devils to fashion openings for Josh March, a nippy striker who will look to run in behind.

Wednesday may have the better individual midfielders, like Barry Bannan and George Byers, but Forest Green are the better coached side, they may find numerical advantages in certain areas in a way that their hosts don’t and could put the Owls in a disgruntled mood.

Preview from BetVictor

Does that little fat ***** still write for BetVictor that Gabriel ****?

5 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

@Germanbird Any idea where I can view the press conference Mon? I can't find it anywhere. Nice link would do the trick. You don't seem to have posted any links to SheffCam or PunkyHorrors either recently. They'd be great and much appreciated by all if you could oblige. TIA.😀

If she posts a link to either of those you're the one get your content moderated and don't go whining to Hoyland, he's away.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

@Germanbird Any idea where I can view the press conference Mon? I can't find it anywhere. Nice link would do the trick. You don't seem to have posted any links to SheffCam or PunkyHorrors either recently. They'd be great and much appreciated by all if you could oblige. TIA.😀

Hi Professor Plum, sorry, but it's very quiet on this front.

I missed the live conference and in the meantime the link disappeared from the SWFC page.  Nothing on youtube yet.

SheffCam also seems to be busy as his video isn't online either. I'll post both videos as soon as I find them.

(I have committed to not sharing PunkyHorrors)

Here's the club's match preview  (can't remember, if I posted it already)  Match preview: Owls v Forest Green Rovers - News - Sheffield Wednesday (swfc.co.uk)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Germanbird said:

Hi Professor Plum, sorry, but it's very quiet on this front.

I missed the live conference and in the meantime the link disappeared from the SWFC page.  Nothing on youtube yet.

SheffCam also seems to be busy as his video isn't online either. I'll post both videos as soon as I find them.

(I have committed to not sharing PunkyHorrors)

Here's the club's match preview  (can't remember, if I posted it already)  Match preview: Owls v Forest Green Rovers - News - Sheffield Wednesday (swfc.co.uk)

EDIT:  @Professor Plum I will send you a direct message with the links to the videos instead. 

I guess that's within the owlsonline rules.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JBO said:

Preview from BetVictor

This is the 'bloke' behind the preview, the fat little incel predicted us to be mid table as well, someone at Wednesday clearly must gave rattled his Foster mums at some point.

spacer.png

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Reesh said:

This is the 'bloke' behind the preview, the fat little incel predicted us to be mid table as well, someone at Wednesday clearly must gave rattled his Foster mums at some point.

spacer.png

Good he's getting a bit of work during the school holidays anyway 

You may not have high regard for the “bloke behind the preview” but how many posters on here would agree with his observation that, “Wednesday may have the better individual midfielders, like Barry Bannan and George Byers, but Forest Green are the better coached side”?

6 minutes ago, M42Owl said:

You may not have high regard for the “bloke behind the preview” but how many posters on here would agree with his observation that, “Wednesday may have the better individual midfielders, like Barry Bannan and George Byers, but Forest Green are the better coached side”?

How does he make that leap, the coach only came in during the summer so it is pure conjecture.

19 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

I haven't seen Moores press conference so I don't know who's fit or not although I have heard Heneghan is out for a few weeks.Palmer could come in for either Iorfa or Hunt if they aren't fit. Fully expect Wilks to feature at sometime, coming on from the bench to break the deadlock maybe. 

I still can't find any video, but here's the transcript:

What Darren Moore said on Fisayo Dele-Bashiru's future, Michael Smith, injuries and transfers - YorkshireLive (examinerlive.co.uk)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, M42Owl said:

US being 4th and them 20th would out that argument to rest

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

US being 4th and them 20th would out that argument to rest

I’m not sure that it does.

Are we above FGR because we have the better coach or the better players? Or both?
I don’t think it follows that because a team is in a higher league position they must therefore have the better coach. Other factors might outweigh the coaching factor.

Just for clarity: I’m not suggesting that Moore is an inferior coach to FGR’s. Just questioning that the quality of coach solely defines league ranking.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, M42Owl said:

I’m not sure that it does.

Are we above FGR because we have the better coach or the better players? Or both?
I don’t think it follows that because a team is in a higher league position they must therefore have the better coach. Other factors might outweigh the coaching factor.

Just for clarity: I’m not suggesting that Moore is an inferior coach to FGR’s. Just questioning that the quality of coach solely defines league ranking.

It doesn’t do a great deal for the argument that we have the better coach because I would argue that we have the better squad. I’d say their being in 20th place doesn’t do much for their case that they have the better coach however, for surely they should be performing as Rotherham are in Championship, were that the case. 

21 minutes ago, Supercockle said:

It doesn’t do a great deal for the argument that we have the better coach because I would argue that we have the better squad. I’d say their being in 20th place doesn’t do much for their case that they have the better coach however, for surely they should be performing as Rotherham are in Championship, were that the case. 

Alex Neil and Steve Cooper both showed what being competent can achieve at their clubs last season.

I'm one of Moores harshest critics but I refuse to let some youth called Gabe spout the bollocks above, it is clearly a tool used to get hits by him.

• Like 2