Lets hope we are Up Pompey

Iorfa as central in a 3 would scare the crap out of me. He showed yesterday he can’t stay with a man, his first touch is very often than not awful too. 

I said during the game yesterday if he’s going to play in a back three he’d be better deployed wide. His pace is an asset on both sides of the half way line. But the decision making once he gets into those positions seems to have eluded him. 
It’s a shame, but it seems that we missed a trick turning Watford away

42 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Iorfa as central in a 3 would scare the crap out of me. He showed yesterday he can’t stay with a man, his first touch is very often than not awful too. 

I said during the game yesterday if he’s going to play in a back three he’d be better deployed wide. His pace is an asset on both sides of the half way line. But the decision making once he gets into those positions seems to have eluded him. 
It’s a shame, but it seems that we missed a trick turning Watford away

Yes you could well be right. Tbf to him BEFORE his injury he was excellent for us, give him a bit more time as he was out for ages. As said on different thread, for me his best games have been as a right back, not many going to out run/muscle him. I think he'd work as 1 of 2 CHs but that looks unlikely. 

Moore has signed 2 out and out defenders. Fine. But he's asking them to play out from the back. Not strong points 

Portsmouth were there for the taking in the first half but all we did was play nice neat triangles on the flanks then pass it across the back . We created nothing apart from the goal and one other chance deflected for a corner . Moore has to take responsibiliy for the defencive issuses . Wigan scored similar goals and Moore complained of defencive lapses but has obviously done nothing to remedy it . . But we were caught in possession too much ,  gave the ball away far to often & passed the ball to a clearly marked player when there was another player in space . There seemed to be no sense of urgency till they went in front

5 hours ago, bricat said:

A goalkeeper's size/appearance is not indicative of his agility or ability. One of the best I have seen, Neville Southall, always looked like he'd done a shift on the dustbins in Llandudno. Mark Crossley too didn't win slimmer of the year either.

Tommy Lawrence, bri?  

Pre-season, Darren Moore mentioned that he wanted us to be able to adapt to multiple formations.

In the second half Danny Cowley made sure Pompey pressed up on our wing backs, which eventually got them the freedom of the left side. This should have been dealt with by switching to a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3. Johnson went missing from his defensive duties and so often, they had 2 on one.

Reece James should have been the substitution when they equalised to stop the spaces from opening up (think he was on the subs bench). 

Had Pompey not sat back to try and grind a 3-2 win, they would have probably won that game as they would definitely have scored one or two more. Defensively we were all over the shop second half, after Portsmouth stopped trying to play through the middle.

10 hours ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Pre-season, Darren Moore mentioned that he wanted us to be able to adapt to multiple formations.

In the second half Danny Cowley made sure Pompey pressed up on our wing backs, which eventually got them the freedom of the left side. This should have been dealt with by switching to a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3. Johnson went missing from his defensive duties and so often, they had 2 on one.

Reece James should have been the substitution when they equalised to stop the spaces from opening up (think he was on the subs bench). 

Had Pompey not sat back to try and grind a 3-2 win, they would have probably won that game as they would definitely have scored one or two more. Defensively we were all over the shop second half, after Portsmouth stopped trying to play through the middle.

James was on the bench, and he and Vaulks got up, were ready to come on, but yet DM decided to not bring them on. 

54 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

James was on the bench, and he and Vaulks got up, were ready to come on, but yet DM decided to not bring them on.

Did he forget you can have five subs now? Cowley used four and Moore only made two.

I think DM gets too engrossed in the game to make the right decisions, sometimes.