Watching the Away Leg

For those not lucky enough to get a ticket for the away leg where are people intending to watch the game.

Is it at pub, round at a mates, at home or avoiding the game and checking score at 9.45pm for those of a delicate disposition. 

Mrs is on nights so might just watch at home in peace with Half Pint pacing about stressed, but undecided as yet.

Agree with Bartos about never seeing it properly in a pub, though living in Huddersfield/Holmfirth finding a pub round here showing it would be the trouble 😄

Ill watch it at home, get the young un off to bed promptly and get a few cans in the fridge.

11 minutes ago, LiamOwl said:

Agree with Bartos about never seeing it properly in a pub, though living in Huddersfield/Holmfirth finding a pub round here showing it would be the trouble 😄

Ill watch it at home, get the young un off to bed promptly and get a few cans in the fridge.

Elephant and Castle Holmfirth will have it on.

Not watching. The nerves are already here and the kids will be in bed by the time the second half kicks off so I won't be able to scream at the TV. 

I'll be like the Likely Lads. I'll tell the Mrs to hide my phone, so I can't check the score,  and give it me back at 10pm so I can catch up on here.

Stupid o'clock kick off here. 3:45am. Only good thing is no work today and tomorrow and the wife is away. What would you do? Go out for a few jars and stay up(with the high risk of peaking too early and missing the whole game) or have an early kip and wake up at 3:30 with a cuppa tea, which is what I usually do for night games.

3 hours ago, Loki said:

Pub, because he has no missus, no one wants that, and reasoning to boot, pretending he has friends, who would tolerate sxuch a cretin 

Bit below the belt

He is the cretin that was sending me supporting messages when I was going through family shit up in Sheffield. I find that counts much more than snide messages on a football forum 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Loki said:

Pub, because he has no missus, no one wants that, and reasoning to boot, pretending he has friends, who would tolerate sxuch a cretin 

Our lass isn't in to football 

Anyway who the fuck are you and why are you here. 

Epic first and last post ya fat wanksock 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

I'd get up for the match and have a beer, sod a cup of tea, that's just me though 🤣

6:15pm update. Just been for a long walk and had a pint. Decided that I'll go to bed at 8pm and get around 2:30am. Then might need a 소맥(beer mixed Soju) or two to calm myself. 

10 hours ago, Baresi said:

In the pub with mates, table in front of telly booked. Hopefully there’ll be no pigs or Mackems there to kill the vibe.

Unless you've booked the Hen and Chicks I doubt you'd cross Pigs and Mackems. 

In days of yore I'd be in the boozer now

24 minutes ago, tomcore said:

6:15pm update. Just been for a long walk and had a pint. Decided that I'll go to bed at 8pm and get around 2:30am. Then might need a 소맥(beer mixed Soju) or two to calm myself. 

Dig in son! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tomcore said:

Stupid o'clock kick off here. 3:45am. Only good thing is no work today and tomorrow and the wife is away. What would you do? Go out for a few jars and stay up(with the high risk of peaking too early and missing the whole game) or have an early kip and wake up at 3:30 with a cuppa tea, which is what I usually do for night games.

Sleep and then beer for breakfast.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Sleep and then beer for breakfast.

In the context of watching a game, I don't think I've done that since the 2002 World Cup when games were kicking off from 7am and pubs got licences to serve early. 

I remember driving back through Stocky after work after Brazil had knocked us out earlier in the day and it was like a scene from 28 Days Later with bodies strewn over beer garden tables.....on it from 10am.....

And before anybody starts about that being a typical afternoon in Stocky....it's changed since then......a few of the pubs have shut.....

Edited by MPB

54 minutes ago, MPB said:

I remember driving back through Stocky after work after Brazil had knocked us out earlier in the day and it was like a scene from 28 Days Later with bodies strewn over beer garden tables.....on it from 10am.....

And before anybody starts about that being a typical afternoon in Stocky....it's changed since then......a few of the pubs have shut.....

I was just thinking was I one of the bodies but seem to remember watching match in The Friendship then got bus down town for an all dayer.  Sure kick off was 7.30am.

2 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I was just thinking was I one of the bodies but seem to remember watching match in The Friendship then got bus down town for an all dayer.  Sure kick off was 7.30am.

I watched the match at work though, has to be 10am ish?....just remember a few lads who we'll both know....sat/slumped on benches outside the Coach.....most of em fast asleep.....some of em shirtless in the blazin sunshine....was even worse outside the Friend-dog!

2 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

I believe he's Thor's brother in the Marvel Universe!

Or the trickster god in Norse mythology, capable of shape shifting.

Actually having read the bloke’s one and only post, he probably was thinking of the Marvel thing. 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MPB said:

I watched the match at work though, has to be 10am ish?....just remember a few lads who we'll both know....sat/slumped on benches outside the Coach.....most of em fast asleep.....some of em shirtless in the blazin sunshine....was even worse outside the Friend-dog!

I had an exam for 2nd year of ACCA at Grovesnor just after that game, was fucking blindo