Red Bull acquire a stake in.......................

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

The news just gets better and better. Way past time this one was laid to rest. Just hope we can draw a line under it all now and move on. 
We have our own future to build, without Red Bull. Thankfully.

yeah, i'd much rather see us lower mid table in the Championship then playing Champions League Football at a beautiful new stadium.

Typical piss poor village mentality - endemic in Sheffield - which has held us back as a city and club for decades

Edited by Andyben
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Andyben said:

yeah, i'd much rather see us lower mid table in the Championship then playing Champions League Football at a beautiful new stadium.

Typical piss poor village mentality - endemic in Sheffield - which has held us back as a city and club for decades

Don't think AF is a Sheffielder

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Don't think AF is a Sheffielder

Just thinks like one 

Wednesday get brand new stadium costing £150m 

Complaints there is no Beres next door 

• Haha 2

To suggest Red Bull is the only chance of success or progress for the club is fairly myopic. They’re no better than some kind of MK Dons franchise creation albeit gaining some success to be fair to them. If they got us all of the success and a new ground etc then I am sure many would live with it but it’s there staring you in the face. 

Crux of the matter in any case is that this club isn’t easily attainable but other clubs have found a way forward without a complete loss of or change in identity. Ipswich, Forest, Coventry all miles off a few years ago. Chansiri must be at the point where he has another crack at progress or cuts losses but it seems the former. 

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

Ouch, that hurt.😂😂😂

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Already been mentioned.

Has anyone mentioned the whole RB thing was me making it up with absolutely no chance of it ever happening?

Nearly as good as my Burial is Four Tet rumour I started that made it to Music Mags back when twitter was good 

• Haha 1

In terms of commercial value, Leeds are a much better investment despite what you may think about the club.

ps - that's a fact of life and reality, not small village mentality.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Has anyone mentioned the whole RB thing was me making it up with absolutely no chance of it ever happening?

Nearly as good as my Burial is Four Tet rumour I started that made it to Music Mags back when twitter was good 

Yeah but the 1867 lot aren't too bright in the main....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skamp said:

In terms of commercial value, Leeds are a much better investment despite what you may think about the club.

ps - that's a fact of life and reality, not small village mentality.

They have a lot of minor investors as well.

4 hours ago, TheExile said:

but other clubs have found a way forward without a complete loss of or change in identity. Ipswich, Forest, 

Wait till Leeds start putting red into the home shirt. There's already chatter on Leeds forums about future identity loss and history disappearing. 

Just like other Wednesday sites did when @Andyben rumour took off

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Their kits wouldool great if they did a Madrid 99/00 andale the white a silver red bull white 

I tried to get that translated into English but didn't know what language to specify.   👀

• Haha 2

Just shared a bottle of red so my apologies.

If Leeds made their white shirt like Madrid in 99/00 - which was a reflective silver - this would look great and fall into the Red Bull design parameters.

Ecz2KaGXkAA1IPg.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheExile said:

To suggest Red Bull is the only chance of success or progress for the club is fairly myopic. They’re no better than some kind of MK Dons franchise creation albeit gaining some success to be fair to them. If they got us all of the success and a new ground etc then I am sure many would live with it but it’s there staring you in the face. 

Crux of the matter in any case is that this club isn’t easily attainable but other clubs have found a way forward without a complete loss of or change in identity. Ipswich, Forest, Coventry all miles off a few years ago. Chansiri must be at the point where he has another crack at progress or cuts losses but it seems the former. 

Who says the club isn’t easily attainable? Rock up with the cash….. DC would sell it. 

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Who says the club isn’t easily attainable? Rock up with the cash….. DC would sell it. 

But everyone knows DC wants £350m for it and he'll turn away anyone who doesn't turn up to the first meeting without the whole amount in used Baht inside large Sports Direct carrier bags

And his wife wants to keep the ground as it was an anniversary present 

Adam Shaw got the exchange rate wrong and thought DC meant 350 million Baht so turned up with 35 quid in his Minecraft zippy wallet

Edited by Tylluan
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

The amount of cash being the obstacle if he’s not that bothered about selling and there are others on the market

Edited by TheExile

31 minutes ago, TheExile said:

The amount of cash being the obstacle if he’s not that bothered about selling and there are others on the market

And I thought I was taking the piss with this post

41 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

But everyone knows DC wants £350m for it and he'll turn away anyone who doesn't turn up to the first meeting without the whole amount in used Baht inside large Sports Direct carrier bags

Adam Shaw got the exchange rate wrong and thought DC meant 350 million Baht so turned up with 35 quid in his Minecraft zippy wallet

Just now, Tylluan said:

And I thought I was taking the piss with this post

Take the piss if you like but if Chansiri wanted to cut losses and sell us we would be sold wouldn’t we. They’d need to invest a lot in infrastructure which must be a huge consideration in working out what to pay vs a potential seller looking to recoup some money spent over a decade

DC has said all along that he'll sell when someone actually shows him the money but also that he won't sell to anyone he thinks won't/can't move the club on. 

It probably would be quite easy, if you move in such circles, to generate about £50m (DC has never put a figure on what he wants) and buy a club (not necessarily ours) but what's the point of changing owners if the club still doesn't move forward  or, even worse, does a Reading. 

We could do a Leeds and have lots of little investors with small percentage stakes in the club but all investors want some kind of dividend back. Red Bull are gambling the relative small amount they've paid for their first English club shirt branding will reap rewards if Leeds have another promotion campaign and make the PL. They're paying about a 5th of what it would cost to sponsor Brighton or West Ham shirt but Leeds branding and support base is far greater. 

41 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

DC has said all along that he'll sell when someone actually shows him the money but also that he won't sell to anyone he thinks won't/can't move the club on. 

It probably would be quite easy, if you move in such circles, to generate about £50m (DC has never put a figure on what he wants) and buy a club (not necessarily ours) but what's the point of changing owners if the club still doesn't move forward  or, even worse, does a Reading. 

We could do a Leeds and have lots of little investors with small percentage stakes in the club but all investors want some kind of dividend back. Red Bull are gambling the relative small amount they've paid for their first English club shirt branding will reap rewards if Leeds have another promotion campaign and make the PL. They're paying about a 5th of what it would cost to sponsor Brighton or West Ham shirt but Leeds branding and support base is far greater. 

I'm revisiting my new stadium/Sports Science/Entertainment/Retail centre plans and dropping it into the area around the M1/M62 Junction at Lofthouse / East Ardsley for the RB Lidz before offering it up to them for a nice fat fee.

Be like a modern day Hemmingham

• Haha 1

If we change owners we can still only lose 13m a season so even if they are more wealthy it doesn’t make much difference (assuming DC has us at that point moving forward) unless they have a more aggressive focus on physical club infrastructure which seems an obvious way to improve at pace. I am doubtful that the club would be bought easily at 50m (I appreciate it’s all guesswork) as if it was the likes of the people who got Birmingham, WBA, or those now looking at are looking at PNE for supposedly around than that and now the blades for 100m would probably have us higher up the list albeit recognising some of those need less physical infrastructure. That might be a price if he was desperate to get out but he doesn’t seem to be at the moment. It seems like someone needs to come and make an offer that can’t be refused but not sure that’s the American style and that’s where most of the interest is at the moment. I think our club is so marketable with the history, emblem etc and has so much more potential than the others I can see why there have been rumours 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

While it's understandable what DC may want for the club, and what is a realistic valuation MAYBE two completely different figures, but if someone wanted it and had the money..... That's what I'm saying.

1 minute ago, Alan Finney said:

Y’all starting to sound like 1867 wannabes.

The club isn’t up for sale in the same way my house isn’t.

Gi old OO back please. Ta. 😂

Shut the fuck up.

1 minute ago, Alan Finney said:

Y’all starting to sound like 1867 wannabes.

The club isn’t up for sale in the same way my house isn’t.

Gi old OO back please. Ta. 😂

But I don't know if your house is up for sale.