Pol Valentin on Wednesday….

9 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Most improved player in the squad.  Also benefited from getting fit.

Can't argue with that. And the largest credit you can give Rohl is that applies to every player he inherited.

Football is a game of margins, that squad was 10% below the required level, but there was a collective compounding impact.

Which then works in reverse, no weak links, you make a run the ball gets to you, there is a player covering your back. When that does not happen you stop making the run forward in the first place 

The guy on X who does the tactical analysis stuff, did something about how Pol and Musaba rotated into the false 8 position against WBA, amongst other things.He called it "advanced coaching for the Championship". 

I've forgotten the guys name, but his threads are really detailed and interesting to read with plenty of insight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BraddersTim said:

The guy on X who does the tactical analysis stuff, did something about how Pol and Musaba rotated into the false 8 position against WBA, amongst other things.He called it "advanced coaching for the Championship". 

I've forgotten the guys name, but his threads are really detailed and interesting to read with plenty of insight.

Edited by Tewksbury
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BraddersTim said:

He is very good at what he does, and reveals quite a bit of what Rohl is hoping to instill

On 30/04/2024 at 12:36, BraddersTim said:

I love reading / watching his stuff, even if half the current jargon goes over my head.