Sheffield Wednesday Charged

I completely agree with the repercussions aimed squarely at the people who did the racist chanting/actions. They're the actions of ignorant, racist idiots who need making an example of....

But The club always backs anti racism iniciatives, and rightly so. They don't foster the views of this person/people, they're not views which are encouraged, and never have been by SWFC. 

The club are responsible for crowd control, stopping people running onto the pitch, regardless of the circumstances of that occurring...  How can they stop/discourage further indiscretions of a similar ilk from individual/s, from expressing their neanderthal views beyond a ban after the fact though I don't know.. 

So should the club be fined for this? It just makes me ponder.. 

• Like 3

I think it’s that the FA know they can’t be seen to do nothing, but after all the actions already taken by police/SWFC there’s not much else they can do to the individual. The only thing they have to go at is the club. 

l.kâI can't see what more the FA/EFL is expecting the club to have done to have negated the possibility of this happening. 

We must have had the EFL/SAG regulated number of stewards and support staff in the relevant places, in fact we probably had more in situ as was documented when a couple of Newcastle fans cried. 

Yet the club is being held culpable for the actions of one, maybe two, individual(s) when the police are dealing with the legality of a hate crime. 

Hillsborough is classed as a place of public accommodation, in that you pay to get in, theatres, cinemas, music venues, etc Al are all in the same classification yet you don't see those venues being done for failure to control. 

What we should be doing, when we're found guilty, is ask the panel what more could we have done and will those recommendations be sent out to all clubs. Get the response documented

Edited by Tylluan
  • Like 1

I wonder if the same punishment will be given to Millwall after the racism levelled at Ugbo last weekend or the same against Mason Holgate, although that would be even more ridiculous.

Of course not.

However I also wonder if part of it (even if not explicitly stated) is their perception of the booing against Palmer and other seemingly racially inspired behaviour, even if it was untrue/ inaccurate is motivation for their judgement. Nobs.

3 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I wonder if the same punishment will be given to Millwall after the racism levelled at Ugbo last weekend or the same against Mason Holgate, although that would be even more ridiculous.

Of course not.

However I also wonder if part of it (even if not explicitly stated) is their perception of the booing against Palmer and other seemingly racially inspired behaviour, even if it was untrue/ inaccurate is motivation for their judgement. Nobs.

Has it been proven Millwall fans racially abused Ugbo?

Just now, Reesh said:

Has it been proven Millwall fans racially abused Ugbo?

I know what you are saying and the precedent would be unreal but do you doubt it happened and if I recall it correctly the ref spoke to their officials when it happened. However not a squeak out of Millwall since.

It’s crackers, we did take action and have still been punished which is why it seems arse about face.

Thats why I’m particularly unhappy about how we seem to be singled out and as I said at the time it feels like we were particularly highlighted when it’s happening all the time. Why should we be the scape goats for a societal issue.

Just to be crystal clear I deplore what happened and despite some concerns I’d accept the club being punished if it was being consistently applied by all clubs and all the authorities but it isn’t.

• Like 1

@Tank_Owl2,0 we've been done on (social media) video evidence of which there probably wasn't any of whatever happened at Millwall and I don't think Ugbo went at the ref like Palmer and the rest of Cov did. Maybe that's our player's fault for not doing so. Vaulks would have been well within the current remit to drop the ball and walk onto the pitch when he got hit taking the throw and that is on film.

But to be fair to Millwall they have been done on mobile photo footage before and actively encourage fans to shop those around them for anti social behaviour via phone footage (if it's safe to do so)

Edited by Tylluan

3 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Of course not.

Out of interest, when did Mason Holgate have monkey noises aimed at him during the 5-0 defeat to Brighton?

Or is there any video evidence of a fan calling him the same name a supporter clearly calls Kasey Palmer in a West Ham United bloggers youtube video?

I assume you've put him there due to what's happened this weekend? 

18 minutes ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Out of interest, when did Mason Holgate have monkey noises aimed at him during the 5-0 defeat to Brighton?

Or is there any video evidence of a fan calling him the same name a supporter clearly calls Kasey Palmer in a West Ham United bloggers youtube video?

I assume you've put him there due to what's happened this weekend? 

He didn't Mason Holgate abuse was online 

The thing worrying me is the specific mention by the FA statement of the 94th minute.  I don't know if it was specifically then but at approximately the end of the game there was a spontaneous loud chant of, "Get the bastard off the pitch!", from some of  the north side of the Kop and Kop end of the North Stand, both of which had been (hand gesture) abused by Coventry's Palmer regularly for perhaps half an hour during play.  Most, if not all, of those people will have had no idea why they had been so abused by that player. (Some close to that scumbag in the corner will presumably have known.)  We were further along the North, quite high up, and couldn't see to where the guilty party was but we were getting exceedingly tee'd off with what seemed like gratuitous abuse by Palmer.  

2 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

The thing worrying me is the specific mention by the FA statement of the 94th minute.  I don't know if it was specifically then but at approximately the end of the game there was a spontaneous loud chant of, "Get the bastard off the pitch!", from some of  the north side of the Kop and Kop end of the North Stand, both of which had been (hand gesture) abused by Coventry's Palmer regularly for perhaps half an hour during play.  Most, if not all, of those people will have had no idea why they had been so abused by that player. (Some close to that scumbag in the corner will presumably have known.)  We were further along the North, quite high up, and couldn't see to where the guilty party was but we were getting exceedingly tee'd off with what seemed like gratuitous abuse by Palmer.  

Again.

something the club can’t control. A person’s voice. 

5 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I was sat just a few rows behind him who did monkey movements but at game I didn't see anything, at the time game was stopped I thought someone had shouted a racist remark at Palmer. 

Load of bollocks from the FA and probably could be challenged legally.  What do they expect clubs to do, conduct vetting and background checks on 25000 people?  It’s a sports team not MI fucking 5.  Ban idiots for this kind of stuff and move on, without the bran dead virtue signaling.