Lee Bullen

39 minutes ago, Canterburyowl said:

Miller calling him a Wednesday legend in his latest article, I have corrected him 🤣

Unbelievable isn't it, however he made it onto that dream scene portrait fucking staggers me it really does.

• Like 1

If we objectively look at all the performances and statistics of the modern day Wednesday player, from, say, 1960, it's quite apparent that when it comes to Bullen, all things considered,that I've shat better footballers than he ever was or ever wil be.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Canterburyowl said:

Apparently I am wrong and he played in all different positions so he is a legend 

Proves how shit we have been for 25 years if that qualifies you for being a legend 

Being fair I will put him "the decent servant but frankly very average" category where he can live with Liam Palmer 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Canterburyowl said:

Apparently I am wrong and he played in all different positions so he is a legend 

Stalwart, versatile, good servant etc. maybe.  Legend, errrr no.

However he for me his main standout moment was a belter for me which was that tackle in extra time in the Play Off Final v Hartlepool.

2 hours ago, Skamp said:

That goal at the Etihad though

It was a great goal to be fair to Bullen.

Hes no legend and shouldn’t have been on the legends picture. Good servant, made the best of what he had and was part of some success - even if at Div3.

For me legends needs to have not only been good servants to the club but been successful at a higher level like the team of 91 etc.

52 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

It was a great goal to be fair to Bullen.

Hes no legend and shouldn’t have been on the legends picture. Good servant, made the best of what he had and was part of some success - even if at Div3.

For me legends needs to have not only been good servants to the club but been successful at a higher level like the team of 91 etc.

How many of those quality pictures would they have sold with no current players on, though? 

1 minute ago, Skamp said:

He appeals to most of the masses due to playing in every position, being in goal for that Simek goal at Millwall and bringing the excluded players back in to the team when he got the job interim again.

And to those of us with half a brain, he was a fucking leech who couldn't hold down a single position and was the epitome of the depths the club plumbed during his time at the club.