Thick Mackem bastards

There’s no way there was a meeting where someone agreed with the decision to do that. Ok… There may have been one… and the decision maker lives in some sort of vacuum between space and time and doesn’t know what football is. 

40 minutes ago, star said:

Yes they have, said that in the build up

They have the lower tier as well as the upper in the gods tier. Used to empty most weeks until the home fans fell back in love.

What was scary was the gulf in quality, Newcastle are a good side but out of form. Sunderland are a good Championship side and at home. Newcastle didn’t come out of 1st gear and walked that game. You can see why the current bottom three of the premier league are the three promoted teams.

That said, we rolled Newcastle last season in the cup (albeit a weakened Newcastle side).

• Like 1

I agree but I think Sunderland froze a bit at times also. When they were already losing they had some better spells probably more reflective of them. The strangest thing was how it looked like that had no pace out wide to counter newcastle and Jack Clarke was pinned into a full back position. The same thing happened to them away at Luton in the playoffs.

We should look at both those games for when we go there last day and most likely need a win.

2 minutes ago, TheExile said:

I agree but I think Sunderland froze a bit at times also. When they were already losing they had some better spells probably more reflective of them. The strangest thing was how it looked like that had no pace out wide to counter newcastle and Jack Clarke was pinned into a full back position. The same thing happened to them away at Luton in the playoffs.

We should look at both those games for when we go there last day and most likely need a win.

I thought the two Sunderland full backs were awful. They lacked pace and were easy to get past, but, they were so susceptible to the press. I’d fancy us against them up there.

21 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

What was scary was the gulf in quality, Newcastle are a good side but out of form. Sunderland are a good Championship side and at home. Newcastle didn’t come out of 1st gear and walked that game. You can see why the current bottom three of the premier league are the three promoted teams.

That said, we rolled Newcastle last season in the cup (albeit a weakened Newcastle side).

Everyone says that (last line) and seems to ignore that we had a weakened side too, I seem to remember, albeit not as much so. Their starting centre forward cost something like £60 million and is a superb player. They also brought some very good players on during the game.  

One of the major reasons they won yesterday was one of the Sunderland players having a stormer for the Alan Harper Award.  

26 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Everyone says that (last line) and seems to ignore that we had a weakened side too, I seem to remember, albeit not as much so. Their starting centre forward cost something like £60 million and is a superb player. They also brought some very good players on during the game.  

One of the major reasons they won yesterday was one of the Sunderland players having a stormer for the Alan Harper Award.  

Ballard actually had a really good game though, he was unfortunate with the OG and he lost his rag to give the pen and collect his yellow in the last knockings.

2 hours ago, Reesh said:

Ballard actually had a really good game though, he was unfortunate with the OG and he lost his rag to give the pen and collect his yellow in the last knockings.

Yes, I watched it and he did.  It happens but he picked a heck of a game to screw up / lose his rag in.