Rather jack than lose to Fleetwood Mac

5 minutes ago, MPB said:

So barrin a disaster where we draw and Wycombe win.....obvs other results come into it....they need to win by 3 clear goals

MK Vs Plymouth is the clincher.

If Sunderland beat Morecambe and Wycombe win by 3 then we drop to 7th if Plymouth beat MK and we don't win. 

6 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

MK Vs Plymouth is the clincher.

If Sunderland beat Morecambe and Wycombe win by 3 then we drop to 7th if Plymouth beat MK and we don't win. 

Even Morecombe have to get something to be sure of staying up. For a neutral its a superb prospect. For the rest of us, bloody nail biting. At least Pompey were playing tonight and have a decent trip to come here which adds to the tiredness. Im also hoping they will have lifted their game for the last home game but wont be quite as keen Saturday -  I know, wishful thinking

If we want any hope of going up. We have got to cut the errors out. 

Both goals were just bad mistakes and decision making against a really poor team. BPF and Storey for the first and Johnson and Byers for the second.

I also was losing my patience second half because too many players were going back and square, or, we were trying to float crosses in from 35 yards against a big side who sat on the 18 yard line.

But, as soon as NML and Windass came on it changed. Windass played down the side of them, and NML is big and quick so it brought the right back up the pitch. Ironically enough it was multiple overloads that brought the equaliser, with Palmer and Luongo. And it was a great finish for the second.

Some mixed displays though. Hunt was good defensively but not massively effective going forward. Storey struggled. Johnson was not great. Paterson not great. But… the midfield three was good, Luongo very good. Palmer and Hutch were both good. Gregory man of the Match. A proper number 9 display.

Pompey are a big and mobile side, if fit, Dean has to start, I’d start Gibson too. I’d go  with the same midfield five that started today and I’d put Berahino in alongside Gregory. I’d leave Windass and NML on the bench.

I can see Saturday being a roller coaster. Bringing Windass and NML on Saturday from the bench might be what we need. I suspect Windass isnt ready for a long stint, as per tonight 20mins. so bring on after 60mins.

I see Hirst scored 2 tonight. So I agree KM we will need more physical presence with Dean, fingers crossed hes fit.

I was impressed with them at Hillsborough when they didn’t partake in the usual shithousery that all teams seem to relish in doing nowadayS

especially when one of their blokes got hit full in the face at a free kick and he just carried on instead of going down and rolling about holding his face for 5 minutes