The Great escape?

Just now, jon_OwlSwfc said:

I think after today and even with a new manager the task of staying up just got more difficult. What's people's thoughts? 

Seriously cannot argue against that

There is only so much coaching can achieve. It was better, there was semblance of a plan, the officials conspired against us

However our lack of quality in all areas of the pitch is so below what is required, we aren't going to score enough goals to win enough games

I think we’ve got to be realistic and accept that it’s going to be one hell of an achievement if we stay up.

To be nine points adrift with a quarter of the season gone is massive. Three wins to get out of the relegation zone (assuming the others all stay still) when we’ve just put three points on the board so far.

I’m not being defeatist (well maybe I am), but I’ve all but accepted relegation.

It would seem out of character, but I wonder if Chansiri also has. These managerial/coaching appointments seem more long term than previous ones. Are we accepting a step down, but with a proper rebuilding project this time rather than a short term ‘get out of the division however we can’ approach?

There's still a chance.

The fixtures we've had already, we've played most of the better teams in the league, the last 2 games were our best chance to put points up, the next 2 even better.

We still have to play Rotherham and QPR, with only 4 top half sides in the next 12 or so.

If we get nothing from this week, then it's time to panic.

It’s all dependent on whether Röhl can squeeze the absolute maximum out of the players between now and January. So get those players to perform above there natural levels.

Then, get to Jan say within 9 points of safety and bring in proven players at this level who will lift the standards by 10-20%. That would be enough.

If Röhl can get the players mentally up for it and believing they can be better, that might be enough short term. The other key thing is that he’s got to get them fit, that was our undoing on Sat. We were done at the 65th minute mark - the high press stopped and we dropped deeper and deeper.

3 hours ago, Boracic Lint said:

There's still a chance.

The fixtures we've had already, we've played most of the better teams in the league, the last 2 games were our best chance to put points up, the next 2 even better.

We still have to play Rotherham and QPR, with only 4 top half sides in the next 12 or so.

If we get nothing from this week, then it's time to panic.

Two of the easier games just gone and a return of one point is a big concern.

As others have said goals are the big problem. We just don’t seem to have a goal threat that is going to return more than one a game (in fact one would be a start), which means you’re asking a lot from your defence. We pretty much need them to keep a clean sheet for us to get anything.

I agree with KrolMong - limp on to January picking enough points up to still be within (long) touching distance, and then shrewd additions and we might just have a chance.

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

Big mistake taking Musaba off.

It seemed logical at the time. Musaba was getting into the game but a bit hit and miss. Wilks on paper should've amplified that threat but he was fucking useless and handed the game back to them as we were basically with 10 men. Wilks spent his time with arms in the air or on the floor.