Top 3 best SWFC managers and bottom 3 worst ....

I judge best and worst on the success they had with the resources they had available relative to the level we were at.

So, in my lifetime that would be Wilko, Atkinson and possibly Paul Sturrock as the best.

As for the worst, Munoz, Jos and Monk. Although Chris Turner runs them close.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

By win % - 

For those that can't see the above.....

1st 1958-61 Harry Catterick 55.80%

2nd 2021-23 Darren Moore 51.16%

3rd 1961-64 Vic Buckingham 47.01% …

36th 1988-89 Peter Eustace 11.11%

37th 2020 Tony Pulis 10%

38th 2023 Xisco Munoz 0%

Genuine question. Did we not have a “manager” in the years we won the league (first division) and cup etc. Hence there are no stats against an individual. I realise it might be that we may have won the league but the win average wasn’t that outstanding but it seems counterintuitive.

11 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Genuine question. Did we not have a “manager” in the years we won the league (first division) and cup etc. Hence there are no stats against an individual. I realise it might be that we may have won the league but the win average wasn’t that outstanding but it seems counterintuitive.

The win average goes down when you get promoted as you're now at the bottom of a higher league.

That's why we were at the top of everything for the 2022 calendar year as all the better teams in the first half of the year were promoted.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Boracic Lint said:

The win average goes down when you get promoted as you're now at the bottom of a higher league.

That's why we were at the top of everything for the 2022 calendar year as all the better teams in the first half of the year were promoted.

I think Ipswich might disagree.

5 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

By win % - 

For those that can't see the above.....

1st 1958-61 Harry Catterick 55.80%

2nd 2021-23 Darren Moore 51.16%

3rd 1961-64 Vic Buckingham 47.01% …

36th 1988-89 Peter Eustace 11.11%

37th 2020 Tony Pulis 10%

38th 2023 Xisco Munoz 0%

Appreciate I'll be in the minority, but think if circumstances had been different Pulis could've done a decent job. Eustace and Munoz could've had unlimited transfer funds and still been shite 

Win percentages?!  Bloody hell.  Xisco went from a 58.33% win percentage at Watford to 0.00% win percentage at Wednesday.  Hopefully it’s a case of all he had to do at Watford was get the team selections, formations and subs right because all the squad building had been done by someone else (Giraldi their former technical director probably).  Whereas with us he had to bring in coaching staff, sign half a squad, and then try to win some games, all in a short space of time, and he was just basically wasn’t up to it…promoted to the level of his incompetence.  I just hope someone else can get a tune out of this squad.  

9 hours ago, Gleadless Owl said:

Appreciate I'll be in the minority, but think if circumstances had been different Pulis could've done a decent job. Eustace and Munoz could've had unlimited transfer funds and still been shite 

Circumstances being... Him being good instead of shit?

10 hours ago, Gleadless Owl said:

The only circumstances being the fact that football had moved on from the 1970's when we appointed him. Apart from that his win percentage say's it all 💩

Edited by Prince2
spelling init