How...

Andyben

9 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Part of the problem is, even if a new manager comes in starts to get some kind of tune out of this squad, who are the 3 worse teams than us?

I mean Rotherham and QPR are shite as well so there is a degree of hope still

I mean we probably have to win 13 and draw 10 (or combination thereof) as a minimum to get above the 50 point mark.

The problem is I can see the draws just not the wins 

• Like 1

Maybe BB and JW are injured but I don’t think many would be surprised to find there’s been a fall out as well.

Whether you think either of them are important to the team or not, it’s the impact on the team as a whole you’d have to be considerate of, on top of the potential impact of the statement by DC.

I can’t see XM quitting, he’ll want a payout. However he might putting himself in a position that’s unsustainable (aside from the results!) that DC might think he has to act if players lack the confidence in him etc.

The problem is what DC does then do,  given his statement.

The last few weeks I’m sure  are hurting DC and I don’t think he’ll want to see the club relegated again because it will be seen as a failure that he has presided over.

I think some of our fans think DC selects the players in the squad. He’s been clear about that. He has to put faith in his Head Coach/ Manager and if XM has told him the players are good enough and which ones to sign, which surely we have to accept there is a heavy Spanish influence given the signings we’ve seen. Then it gives a different perspective on our predicament, ie it’s a footballing hole dug by XM.

Lets hope DC is already looking.

7 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

He's 9 games too late, it was bad in pre season & continues to get worse.

This

Should have gone after the home defeat to Ipswich.

But instead, lets focus on what that naughty Carlton Palmer is saying, rather than sacking a manager that is sending us back to league one and probably further down the divisions.

We go again Tuesday. 

Does anyone actually believe we will get anything at west brom. I don't. Now 53 like others I've not seen anything like this, I just think we will ship at least 3 but of course hope this is the turning point and we scrape a 1 nil. Can't see it happening. The situation of the situation we are in, working with situations we are working on to deliver better in game  situations that may result in a more positive situation for the team to ultimately put us all in a better situation.

WTF.

He's got go Wednesday.

I mean we can pretend that we could get a result at West Brom. And then wake up.

It's interesting because there is lots of suggestions this is the worst side ever. I prefer to think its the current worst side ever, we forget the early 2000s and 2010 era 

I always recall a night game I think v West Brom, they were up the top probably got promoted, sure Brunt scored apologetically. We lost 4 - 0 and there was such a gulf in abilities

That is what it's currently like. We are so far behind on the basics nevermind the shot to pieces confidence levels

11 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I mean we can pretend that we could get a result at West Brom. And then wake up.

It's interesting because there is lots of suggestions this is the worst side ever. I prefer to think its the current worst side ever, we forget the early 2000s and 2010 era 

I always recall a night game I think v West Brom, they were up the top probably got promoted, sure Brunt scored apologetically. We lost 4 - 0 and there was such a gulf in abilities

That is what it's currently like. We are so far behind on the basics nevermind the shot to pieces confidence levels

It was a Saturday cause remember Reesh spiting his dummy out big time and storming out after they got there 3rd. When brunty scored he just walked off . 

16 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Maybe BB and JW are injured but I don’t think many would be surprised to find there’s been a fall out as well.

Whether you think either of them are important to the team or not, it’s the impact on the team as a whole you’d have to be considerate of, on top of the potential impact of the statement by DC.

I can’t see XM quitting, he’ll want a payout. However he might putting himself in a position that’s unsustainable (aside from the results!) that DC might think he has to act if players lack the confidence in him etc.

The problem is what DC does then do,  given his statement.

The last few weeks I’m sure  are hurting DC and I don’t think he’ll want to see the club relegated again because it will be seen as a failure that he has presided over.

I think some of our fans think DC selects the players in the squad. He’s been clear about that. He has to put faith in his Head Coach/ Manager and if XM has told him the players are good enough and which ones to sign, which surely we have to accept there is a heavy Spanish influence given the signings we’ve seen. Then it gives a different perspective on our predicament, ie it’s a footballing hole dug by XM.

Lets hope DC is already looking.

He’s reportedly on a very short term contract. Payout will be minimal. If he loses the next two, I think he might walk regardless if it gets to the point of no return.

But based on what DC has said, it’s unlikely he’s going to do much anytime soon. If you really break down what he’s saying, he’s saying that he’s stepping away and the club is going to have to run itself now.

That said, I can see a scenario where we sack him but NOT replace him and leave Thompson and some senior pros in charge for an extended period of time (perhaps for the remainder of the season).

• Like 2

Win or lose, Chansiri should just give him the season,no pressure, stay up or go down, no drama.

Xisco just needs to stop listening to everyone about what Darren did and go back to what he originally intended before he bottled it and gave in to the 352 96 points mob.

He's pretty much playing what we did last season now and it can't get any worse.

If he'd have stayed his course, we'd be much better now. By the time he got his squad together the pressure was too high to do what he wanted. Especially with the media and goldfish memory fans all banging on about Saint Darren of Moore.

Drop (then sell) everyone who isn't up for it as the tail's been wagging the dog for too long at this club anyway, may as well get rid now.

If we go down, a 40 game season then sale for Musaba and Valentin will pay for League One, so there's no pressure on Chansiri.

The main problem now is confidence, same as last season. One win soon and we'll probably be fine. Tell them to do what they're told, don't worry about results and it will come good.

Every loss with this team starts a run of bad results, this season we just don't play Burton Albion to get the confidence back. The side is streaky and a bit nesh, has been for years.

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Can’t agree with you there. I’m all for consistency in the main, but Xisco is offering us zero in terms of even a glimmer of hope to even cling onto. 
His team selection tonight doesn’t help his cause either…..

Its madness. 

100% agree Hoyland.

I can’t think of a time we’ve gone from such a ‘high’ (even if it was only 3rd division promotion) to a ‘low’ so quickly and with such a desperate feeling of inevitable doom ahead. Things were bad in the 70s and early 2000s but there wasn’t such a sudden (and so self inflicted) change in fortunes like the last 3months. 
We’ve seen bad luck and bad decisions but the apathy and bad feeling is pretty extreme at the minute on top the DC statement on his  future plans to curtail investment.

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

5 hours ago, Boracic Lint said:

Win or lose, Chansiri should just give him the season,no pressure, stay up or go down, no drama.

Xisco just needs to stop listening to everyone about what Darren did and go back to what he originally intended before he bottled it and gave in to the 352 96 points mob.

He's pretty much playing what we did last season now and it can't get any worse.

If he'd have stayed his course, we'd be much better now. By the time he got his squad together the pressure was too high to do what he wanted. Especially with the media and goldfish memory fans all banging on about Saint Darren of Moore.

Drop (then sell) everyone who isn't up for it as the tail's been wagging the dog for too long at this club anyway, may as well get rid now.

If we go down, a 40 game season then sale for Musaba and Valentin will pay for League One, so there's no pressure on Chansiri.

The main problem now is confidence, same as last season. One win soon and we'll probably be fine. Tell them to do what they're told, don't worry about results and it will come good.

Every loss with this team starts a run of bad results, this season we just don't play Burton Albion to get the confidence back. The side is streaky and a bit nesh, has been for years.

**Goes for a lie down**

If we give him the season, we'll not even achieve the 21 points total (make it 26 if it was 3 points for a win) we got in the 1974/75 season. We're currently on course to get a massive 9 points

The club will be that badly damaged, it would take a rebuild bigger than anything Darren Moore, Jack Charlton or Paul Sturrock could achieve. 

We cannot afford another Danny Wilson moment where we keep the manager in charge far longer than he should be. He has to be clearing his desk tomorrow morning

7 hours ago, Kiwi Owl said:

If we give him the season, we'll not even achieve the 21 points total (make it 26 if it was 3 points for a win) we got in the 1974/75 season. We're currently on course to get a massive 9 points

The club will be that badly damaged, it would take a rebuild bigger than anything Darren Moore, Jack Charlton or Paul Sturrock could achieve. 

We cannot afford another Danny Wilson moment where we keep the manager in charge far longer than he should be. He has to be clearing his desk tomorrow morning

Be hopes he takes his bingo machine with him