Will Wy Combe away with 3 points

2 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Social media is awash with absolute fucktards this evening I see

As you'd expect Stalk is full of shit.

Dont get me wrong it's not a great result but it's far from disaster. Losing Tuesday will be. Today was never going to be easy or pretty. That why I didn't watch it bc I knew unless I was there watching on TV or listening just gets me seething with the way Wycombe go about their business, at least when you are there you can let off steam and support the team.

Its still in our hands.

18 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Social media is awash with absolute fucktards this evening I see

Criticism of Moore regards tactics and subs are quite justified, others you just sense the hatred, can't wait to get there White hoods and burning crosses out, *****.

16 minutes ago, Billysboy said:

Criticism of Moore regards tactics and subs are quite justified, others you just sense the hatred, can't wait to get there White hoods and burning crosses out, *****.

Then there will be the others who are hoping he fails to get us into the playoffs, so they can turn round and post that they told us so.

12 minutes ago, star said:

Then there will be the others who are hoping he fails to get us into the playoffs, so they can turn round and post that they told us so.

A comment you hear a lot "if we go up its in spite of Moore not because of Moore" Im as critical as anybody of some decisions but fuck me if we do go up he must have had a bit of input🙄

22 minutes ago, star said:

I hope no one is daft enough to think that. I'm not a fan, he's made some odd decisions and his messing about with defence especially at times drives me mad, but I suspect (obviously I don't know 4 sure) that his personality has attracted players to us that others maybe couldn't. 

If we do go up,and  I know it would be very harsh, but I'd look for someone else to take us forward. Let's hope we have that problem... 

Sounds like i didn’t miss anything not seeing the game. 

The disallowed goal looks controversial, the ref will just say Dunkley was pulling over their player as opposed to him being pushed. 

All season we have struggled with these 3 game weeks. It starts with Moore changing the line ups. I fully appreciate why he does it, the logic of it, but frankly it seems to have an adverse effect on our performance than a positive one.

We also have failed to come up with a productive plan to re think game strategy during games. Particularly where sides are just looking to stop our game. That is when you need a Nuhiu type character. You go longer to stretch the game.

You can't also help think that the soft mental underbelly within the players is still prevelant a bit. 

Tuesday is a huge game 

I’m going to be controversial and say there wasn’t much wrong with the performance at all yesterday. We stood up to the physical side, we had a perfectly good goal chalked off, we had a cast iron penalty not given and we missed a sitter late on.

Games like that are won and lost on fine margins. Neither side created much but we did look the better side when we could get it down and play. Wycombe are high intensity and direct, they try and turn you quickly and the back three coped well but switched off for the goal.

What I saw was actually us looking like we might have a game plan against those high tempo sides. I thought Dele was excellent, I thought Dunkley, Storey and Hutch were good. I thought Gregory was good.

All we needed, and we’ve said it all season is. Is Josh Windass running in behind to get them to drop 5 yards.

We’ll win the next two. I am confident.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

Is the free kick to them for Luongo impeding the goalkeeper though before it gets to dunkley?

Well that’s where the referee is pointing when he gives the decision, so yes probably given for someone marginally impeding the keeper, rather than the MMA grappling session between Dunkley and his marker, which was started by the Wycombe guy.

11 hours ago, KrolMong said:

I’m going to be controversial and say there wasn’t much wrong with the performance at all yesterday. We stood up to the physical side, we had a perfectly good goal chalked off, we had a cast iron penalty not given and we missed a sitter late on.

Games like that are won and lost on fine margins. Neither side created much but we did look the better side when we could get it down and play. Wycombe are high intensity and direct, they try and turn you quickly and the back three coped well but switched off for the goal.

What I saw was actually us looking like we might have a game plan against those high tempo sides. I thought Dele was excellent, I thought Dunkley, Storey and Hutch were good. I thought Gregory was good.

All we needed, and we’ve said it all season is. Is Josh Windass running in behind to get them to drop 5 yards.

We’ll win the next two. I am confident.

I've just watched the extended highlights back and I know its only going to give you an impression of the game but I think you are probably right KM re the performance and how Wycombe performed as well.

As you say Josh Windass could have been the difference if he'd played He scored what we thought might be the winner at Hillsboro.

The more I look at the disallowed goal the more I feel it should probably have been given but Im also thinking its not as clearly a shambolic ref decision as I originally thought, Still, I think if it had been the other way about it would have been given!  As for the handball, lets just say I think it would have been a pen in the Premier League.

Re the tinkering with the squad as MK says it seems like the logical thing to do when there are Sat/ Tues games but football isnt logical. The only thing Id say, I dont think I would have picked a different team. Yes, you might pick Dean if he is 100% fit and maybe NML might have been swapped for Palmer/ Hunt, but basically I agree with DMs selection.

Anyway I think we absolutelt need to win Tuesday, even if its not essential, just so it put more pressure on the other clubs in the chase on the final day because I don think Portsmouth will be a push over.

Im just hoping Windass will be fit enough for the playoffs, I think we are going to need him, judging by how we are struggling a bit to score.

We can do it. UTO!

Dunkley was outstanding. Vokes taken off because he did nothing. Dunkley won't get a lot of game time because he's, when everyone fit, quite a bit down pecking order. 

But he coukd have an important part to play....... Especially if meet Wycombe again 🤞

37 minutes ago, MPB said:

I disagree entirely.....I think aerially he's one of the best we've got but boy oh boy....he's poor with his feet and decision making...

I'll be behind him all the way though and I hope he rams my words down my throat....but he doesn't half give me kittens when we've got our backs to the wall.....

Well, I agree 😊. He's awful with ball at his feet and scares me to death at times, and I admit feared worse Saturday, but it was his sort of game and he proved me wrong. 

I doubt he'll l start tomorrow 

38 minutes ago, MPB said:

I'd go...

BPF

Storey Hutch Dean

Hunt Bazza Luongo Byers Neymarv

FDB

Gregory

I don't see this as Berahino's kind of game....there's a small murmer that Windass may be fit but surely he can't start?  Pato has regressed in recent games and a CF he ain't.....so that leaves Kamberi (I know!)......or leave Gregory to plough a lonely furrow but with FDB in the hole.....?

That said .....who the fuck knows with DM and his "coaching team"......

I'd have no problem with that side. Dean in middle. I would actually be tempted to go with Shidipo up top with Gregory, thought he did well when came on, or just off, like you have with FDB.