Will Wy Combe away with 3 points

Ok a bit early but with all these bank Holidays fuck knows what day it actually is. We enjoyed the day trip to Bucks last weekend so here is to a repeat this time as well. 

More a personal vibe on this one as my racist, misogynistic father in law who must be the only person to be banned by the Club will undoubtedly give me shit if they beat us. I appreciate its also vital for our promotion push 🙂

Anyway a tough old 6 pointer of a game 

14 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Ok a bit early but with all these bank Holidays fuck knows what day it actually is. We enjoyed the day trip to Bucks last weekend so here is to a repeat this time as well. 

More a personal vibe on this one as my racist, misogynistic father in law who must be the only person to be banned by the Club will undoubtedly give me shit if they beat us. I appreciate its also vital for our promotion push 🙂

He got a banning order from Wycombe Wanderers?  Did he use the wrong cutlery with the fish course or something?

15 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Greno?

9 hours ago, owl71 said:

He got a banning order from Wycombe Wanderers?  Did he use the wrong cutlery with the fish course or something?

Tbf there are some very posh areas down the road from Wycombe, but the place itself is pretty multi-cultural urban hub. 

The father in law is still living in about 1974 when it comes to certain views and a few years back now may have used a derogatory term against a non white steward. I would like to think he is sorry but frankly that isn't the case.

Ruddy irony given he is the least likeable of all my kids grandparents (divorced parents on both mine and Mrs Mks side mean they had 7) but he'll be last one standing way its going. The wife's step father passed away last Sunday. Scary shit there was diagnosis Wednesday gone 4 days later. 

Updates from the gaffer

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2022/april/key-player-updates-and-more/

The Owls head south to face fellow promotion contenders Wycombe at Adams Park on Saturday and here are some talking points from Darren Moore’s pre-match media conference.

ON THE GAME

Of course it’s a big game but it’s the next game and they are all big games at Sheffield Wednesday.

We’ve put a line through the Crewe game, we’ve had a couple of days to regroup and get everyone ready for Wycombe. We’ve got another difficult game ahead of us and we’ll face it as one.

I think without looking at the three games left we have as a whole, I know it’s a cliché, but we just look at one at a time.

Wycombe are very experienced and have some very good players. We know that Gareth knows the club inside out and he knows how to get the team back to where they have been. We have to be prepared, it’s two teams going head-to-head with different styles and it bodes well for a good game.

SHAPING UP

Mentally and physically the boys are in a good place and they are getting stronger as the weeks go by. We’re still looking to get better and better, that’s the challenge we’ve set ourselves from the start of pre-season.

When I look back to my playing days, I do enjoy this period of the season. As a manager I have to stay consistent with people and deal with the hurdles that come our way as best as I can. We don’t rest on our laurels, and we have to keep moving forward, improving as a team and as individuals.

SQUAD UPDATE

Harlee is in a good place and has been back in training, we have a decision to make on him for tomorrow. Dom Iorfa is not fit and won’t be involved. Sam Hutchinson is back in the squad and available tomorrow.

Other than that from last week, everyone else is looking to be back in the team and fighting for their place.

We thought that maybe Dom could be back for Portsmouth but we don’t envisage him being ready. It’s going to be a few more weeks yet. He went in for a tackle in training and just came off worst, it’s one of those things. It’s not a long injury but it seems it is because the season is coming to a close.

It’s a balancing act because you want the intensity in training that you take into games. It’s nobody’s fault, he was just unlucky with the contact.

Josh will be assessed next week with the games we will have left. We’ll look at him for Fleetwood and see where he’s at.

ON THE FANS

I would like to say thanks again. The support has been consistent home and away so to take another full allocation is superb. I’m sure we could have filled the stadium if we’d been given the chance! 

Every game they are in full voice and the opposition always credits our fans for the atmosphere they bring and we’re looking forward to seeing them again tomorrow.

This is very much like the Brentford game, they still had a chance of the play offs going into it and we ground out the result. 

Granted we didn't have the rearranged game to come after. 

A win would set the cat amongst the pigeons if other results fall favourable. 

A ground we have not played at too often with this just our 4th visit, mid Covid era football last time saw us lose but we had won both times prior to that, 2-1 scoreline for each. 

11 minutes ago, MPB said:

I just remember the game at S6.....their keeper was timewasting from minute one and one of their full backs (South Stand side 1st half) went down with cramp after 8 minutes.....plus I think they used 3 subs and all of em were miraculously stood on the North Stand touchline when the board went up.....fuckin horrible set o twats...they'll be worse tomorrow....

That's who they are, always been clubs like that, sometimes wish we had some of the nous, tricks as it could be worth half a dozen more points a season. 

Will be niggly as fuck tomorrow and expect us being peppered with direct football aimed at Sam Vokes. 

Hopefully the pressure is more on them than us and we can play on that. 

A positive result tomorrow all but seals a top 6 spot however I'd love to be talking autos still at 5pm 

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

That's who they are, always been clubs like that, sometimes wish we had some of the nous, tricks as it could be worth half a dozen more points a season. 

Will be niggly as fuck tomorrow and expect us being peppered with direct football aimed at Sam Vokes. 

Hopefully the pressure is more on them than us and we can play on that. 

A positive result tomorrow all but seals a top 6 spot however I'd love to be talking autos still at 5pm 

Yes I hate to say it but we could possibly learn a thing from there approach. But, they only do it because frankly there not as good technically as others, which given there budget, fair enough. I wouldn't have minded Vokes with us this season, certainly instead of the other back up strikers we have. Can't be on much there, but not sure if they paid a fee? 

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Yes I hate to say it but we could possibly learn a thing from there approach. But, they only do it because frankly there not as good technically as others, which given there budget, fair enough. I wouldn't have minded Vokes with us this season, certainly instead of the other back up strikers we have. Can't be on much there, but not sure if they paid a fee? 

Doubt Stoke would have done a 2nd favour for us, they helped us with the Gregory deal. 

Think Vokes wanted the move closer to his native Southampton too. 

11 hours ago, Reesh said:

Doubt Stoke would have done a 2nd favour for us, they helped us with the Gregory deal. 

Think Vokes wanted the move closer to his native Southampton too. 

Ah right thanks. Must admit I forgot he was at Stoke 

Bit of an attacking change: Dele-Bashiru for Byers and NML for Hunt.

Need to get Hutch and Johnson linking down the left and the power of NML down the right and we’ll create chances the forwards and FDB.

But most of all, we name a big game from Dunkley.