Jump to content

In DC we trust....


Andyben

Recommended Posts

Yes an owner who is ambitious, as demanded play off push as a  minimum requirement of any manager - but accept it’s not as easy as that as well.

Cuts his cloth accordingly as he attempts to walk the tightrope of P&S and player wage demands / expectations.

Seemingly learning from his mistakes and currently just asks of his fan base to criticise him Face to face and not make our club a laughing stock on social media. 

Welcome to season 23/24!! UTO!

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

New DoF, new manager committed to attacking football, fantastic signings & Financial prudence.

Love it.

Boo fuck off!

let’s see if Baz the plasterer from wisewood and Keith the butcher from hillsboro make up the £7million loss in the books!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Winco said:

Boo fuck off!

let’s see if Baz the plasterer from wisewood and Keith the butcher from hillsboro make up the £7million loss in the books!

I was banking on Lee the broadband entrepreneur...

 

...oh,hang on.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Just work on his PR skills and that I would say stop the fans forums. Stick with the more "off grid" meetings with specific groups

And I would say accept that you cannot do everything or be involved in everything in a business this size

 

Fans forums have to happen, but not necessarily with the chairman involved of course. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

He’d get no where as much stick if he wasn’t charging some of the most expensive tickets and shirts around. It causes resentment as people view as having to pay for his mistakes, his gamble.

Then there’s the division in the stands. Reminds me of the Tories and the magic money tree though as he does always find the money to put squads together 

Though to be fair most of our fans are socialists, happy to take rich people's money and think they should contribute nothing 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Supercockle said:

And I don’t recall too many of them complaining when “we” were assembling the squad with Fessi and co but when it doesn’t work out, he stands alone, it becomes his mistakes and his gamble. 
 

 

The criticism that I consider justified was not taking the FFP rules seriously and the stadium sale was a real debacle on many levels as part of that gamble.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

He’d get no where as much stick if he wasn’t charging some of the most expensive tickets and shirts around. It causes resentment as people view as having to pay for his mistakes, his gamble.

Then there’s the division in the stands. Reminds me of the Tories and the magic money tree though as he does always find the money to put squads together 

 

3 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Though to be fair most of our fans are socialists, happy to take rich people's money and think they should contribute nothing 

 

1 hour ago, BraddersTim said:

You've just described Michelle Mone. 

Pack it in, yore lot! There's other pages for politics and shit.  We're happy, right? (At least until tomorrow night!)

Assuming your name isn't 'The Rev'!    😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we’ve been incredibly prudent this window, not one of the players will come on a remotely high salary, and whilst we have paid fees, they will be nominal. Any remaining business will follow the same pattern. Even with promotion bonuses for the current squad, if our wage bill passes the 15 million mark, i will be utterly shocked.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...