Luton Town Friendly

Can see how we set up for the counter but then we struggle to do just that. Then again it’s a squad still built for something else. For example Johnson is institutionalised on the left so sticking him on the right he’s like a fish out of water 

1 minute ago, TheExile said:

Can see how we set up for the counter but then we struggle to do just that. Then again it’s a squad still built for something else. For example Johnson is institutionalised on the left so sticking him on the right he’s like a fish out of water 

He's been played in the centre at times previously.

35 minutes ago, TheExile said:

I think he’s played rw for us on his debut but to be fair whenever he’s had a good spell anywhere it’s been on the left.

Agreed but I meant in the recent friendlies where he's been seen looking somewhat baffled for periods in centre midfield.  I'm not moaning at Xisco, btw: he's seemed to be giving the players the most thorough examination they could have. No bad thing when he won't know them.  

• Like 2

One bad pass in a match is enough to cost you the game. Maybe it's time to cash in on him? Since he was injured a while back I have never trusted him totally. His main attribute is pace, if PNE are interested we could swap him, or get some cash to freshen the squad up. 

6 minutes ago, Angelinblue said:

One bad pass in a match is enough to cost you the game. Maybe it's time to cash in on him? Since he was injured a while back I have never trusted him totally. His main attribute is pace, if PNE are interested we could swap him, or get some cash to freshen the squad up. 

Do you practice at stupidly or is it a natural gift.

1 hour ago, Angelinblue said:

He had a terrible spell last season when he couldn't trap a bag of sand. BUT, towards the back end of the season when it mattered he seemed to have got his shit together. 

There's a player in there, as maligned as he can be. A few seasons back there was talk of multi million pound interest in him. 

I'd rather him mess up in pre season, than once things get underway. As bang average at best, as pre season has been, it'll soon be forgotten about once things get underway next week.

15 minutes ago, Andyben said:

If it's just based on performance for us it's relatively easy @Tylluan

442 Diamond 

Westwood 

Hunt 

Lees 

Loovens 

Pudil

Hutchinson 

Lee

Lopez

FF 

Hooper

Fletcher.

Perhaps Iorfa for Lees and Vaulks for Hutch but that's about it 

I’d go with similar.

But a straight 4-4-2. 

Westwood

Hunt, Lees, Loovens, Pudil

Lee, Lopez, Hutch, Forestieri

Fletcher, Hooper

Subs

Joao, Bannan, Wallace, Murphy, Venancio, McGuiness, Dawson

The only players from the current crop beyond Bannan and McGuiness would be Palmer and Byers. Byers might end up in the strongest 11 if he stays fit.

On Iorfa, quick, strong and athletic - does not sense danger, makes poor decisions and is poor with the ball.

As a note, two problem positions we’ve had in the Chansiri era have been right back and goalkeeper.

On 30/07/2023 at 13:28, KrolMong said:

I’d go with similar.

But a straight 4-4-2. 

Westwood

Hunt, Lees, Loovens, Pudil

Lee, Lopez, Hutch, Forestieri

Fletcher, Hooper

Subs

Joao, Bannan, Wallace, Murphy, Venancio, McGuiness, Dawson

The only players from the current crop beyond Bannan and McGuiness would be Palmer and Byers. Byers might end up in the strongest 11 if he stays fit.

On Iorfa, quick, strong and athletic - does not sense danger, makes poor decisions and is poor with the ball.

As a note, two problem positions we’ve had in the Chansiri era have been right back and goalkeeper.

Not sure I fully agree with this, given we have broken or equalled the number of clean sheets in a season several times during the era. I realise that’s as much about the defence as the keeper, but I don’t think we would have done so with a duff keeper.

As for RB position, yes-ish but I’d say Hunt was good enough first time around and we haven’t been great across a number of positions on and off, e,g. the year we got relegated we had little fire power. Particularly compared to what had gone before with FF, Hooper and Fletcher.

On 30/07/2023 at 09:59, Angelinblue said:

I disagree unless we need to generate cash or Munoz has ideas which mean Dom will be surplus, can’t see it though.

Hes no PL player but on the right formation with the right coaching and instructions he can do a job for is in this league.