Setting the standard in Spain

"Windass is set to play a key role for the club as they step up from League One following promotion, and it sounds like he’s enjoying life under the tutelage of the Spaniard in the early stages of his career at S6.

“It’s really different to what I’ve done before,” he told The Star. “We’ve got a new style of play, which I think everyone - players, fans, people around the club - is going to have to be patient with. We’ve been playing a similar style for two or three season now, so the manager is bringing in a new identity and the boys are really buying into it and loving every minute. I think we’ll get there in the end.

"He wants us to be more of a footballing team, really. But stuff like this takes time, we’re doing double sessions every day trying to perfect it. The manager is big on people making mistakes every single day to perfect it and make it better. Obviously we’re not going to be playing like Man City in the first five weeks, but I think we’ll get there in the end because he’s very good.”"

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/josh-windass-heaps-praise-on-new-sheffield-wednesday-boss-and-calls-for-patience-in-style-transition-4221615

Star talking of the side tonight being a 4-1-4-1 but I can't get their site to load the team on it.. Even though it says 'the lineup is below'

From that piece of 'work'

There's Charles in goal, Glover right back, Bakinson defensive midfielder, Fusire right wing, Johnson left wing, Bannan mid, Windass attacking mid, Smith up front.

Dunno who the centre backs or left back are, at the time of typing this... Based on the above link

Was that Bakinson who headed about 12 yards over the bar when it looked easier to get it on target?

Anyway proper pre-season game that.  0-0 draw in baking heat against some random European team.  Good workout and no injuries.

42 minutes ago, owl71 said:

Was that Bakinson who headed about 12 yards over the bar when it looked easier to get it on target?

Anyway proper pre-season game that.  0-0 draw in baking heat against some random European team.  Good workout and no injuries.

Didn't Johnson go off injured?

2 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Not watched it, what did Johnson’s injury look like? 

Sorry pal, i don't know.

I didn't see the first half.

From what i read, he either had a hamstring problem, or someone said it looked like he was holding the back of his knee.

6 minutes ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Tried to get on end of cross and seemed to Karl his knee

2 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Gay code.

Tried to get on end of cross and seemed to Karl his knee Gay

Karl is not going to be happy that you have outed him 

Really like the guy.

Going 2 contridict myself here in that we shouldn't take any notice of Friendly's but it's a bit worrying that we've created so few chances in the 3 games I've seen especially considering the opposition 

15 minutes ago, Mark said:

Really like the guy.

Going 2 contridict myself here in that we shouldn't take any notice of Friendly's but it's a bit worrying that we've created so few chances in the 3 games I've seen especially considering the opposition 

The American food chain?