Wim Jonk adon at home match thread

Reesh

3 hours ago, Chelters said:

That feels a bit like the Antonio goal against Carlisle in 2012.

I said to half pint it might be this years Carlisle game. 

We walked down to front of Kop for last couple of minutes as needed to get away quick and was level with Paterson when he nodded ball back.  Scenes.  Half Pint loved it. 

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I might have been the last bloke in the ground to go up for the winner.  After all the failures and wrong decisions we'd seen today, my brain simply refused to accept what my eyes were telling it: that the ball was actually in the back of the net and neither halfwit official was disallowing it!   :classic_laugh:

I was checking ball had really hit back of net, then lino, then ref and at the same time getting wiped out by Youths 😂

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I like Iorfa as a person but lets be honest he's never been a football playing CB. Fans took to him as he had this ability to cover ground and get a big gangly leg in after initially looking 2nd favourite, i'm sure he'll get back to where he was but we'l have to be patient

On the game, thank fuck we scored or i'd be banged up on an assault charge now, how the hell was that not a penalty? Gregory was excellent again and deserved that goal

Don't think iorfa, has got any worse just reckon such as Dean, Storey, Gibson look another level.

I apologise for those in the South Stand for celebrating the winner with a fairly vocal "take that you fucking wankers". Aimed equally at the Wimbledon players and the match officials i guess. And then repeating it on the final whistle.

To the match we actually started ok, fantastic ball in by Bannan and good header. NML absolutely has to take that chance to make it 2 - 0 and then I suspect a totally different game. 

But there was no space out there, I had a proper view 2nd half. Three lines a 5, the 3 and 2 basically starting 5 yards outside the box and 20 yards into the half. And their wingbacks were pretty decent stopping that avenue.

Said to my lad that it needed Paterson just to shit stir and rattle them a bit - and it worked 

Fucking horrible side, always were and still are. Fuck em

Iorfa was terrible today. Not the only one to nearly gift a goal to Wimbledon, but he just looked uncomfortable whenever the ball was near him. I think he’s still suffering from best part of a season out.

When we get Storey and Gibson back, I’d leave Iorfa to get fit and ready for next season. I hope he doesn’t cost us in the meantime.

Iorfa and Hutchinson restricted us today. Iorfa can’t pass and Hutch isn’t left footed. We were totally imbalanced until Johnson went to the left hand side. We weren’t great today but they were three satisfying points. It’s nice to see is grab something at the death. 

13 hours ago, LiamOwl said:

How fucking good is this??

I love the fact the ballboy actually demands to be in the celebration, given the location good chance he was the one at the end doing a bit of shithousery. Must be related somehow to Pato. Great buzz walking out the ground too, always the case with a last minute winner but heightened with the importance. Us fans staying patient, despite the frustration, really helps. Collectively we raised it after the BPF save, perhaps we need to do that more not simply waiting for a shit ref and play acting to finally annoy us enough

On one level it’s a stupid thing to say, but goals make such a difference and show what small margins there are.

That defender on the line manages to block Gregory’s header and we’re all doom and gloom, not making the play offs, a good team would have found a way to win that etc etc.

But it did go in, and we’re all ecstatic, leaving with that wonderful feeling that only a late winner can give you; and we are going up.

Performance would have been exactly the same, but the our perceptions of it chalk and cheese.

Edited by cheat
  • Like 1