Club stealing bastards match thread - MK Dons home

Reesh

Just now, owl4ever1867 said:

Hopefully another 3/4-0 win.

But can't get too complacent even if Bolton did stuff this lot 5-0 on Tuesday night, especially as they did hold a decent Oxford team to a 1-1 draw.

Keep winning our games at S6 & we'll be fine.

Which decent Oxford team is that?

The thread title - tremendous! 😂

I often wonder why Scottish football fans don't hate Livingston in the same way, seeing as they basically did the same thing with Meadowbank Thistle.

I then thought of what Mr Reesh's reply to this would be... something along the lines of, "it's pub football. Who the fuck cares?"

😮😉

54 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

I often wonder why Scottish football fans don't hate Livingston in the same way, seeing as they basically did the same thing with Meadowbank Thistle.

I then thought of what Mr Reesh's reply to this would be... something along the lines of, "it's pub football. Who the fuck cares?"

😮😉

It is pub football and who indeed does fucking care 

Officials for the game. 

Referee: SCOTT OLDHAM
Blake Antrobus and Ravel Cheosiaua
Fourth Official : Garreth Rhodes

Mr Oldham's last time officiating us looks like Cambridge (A) last season. 1-1.

His record this season.... Can be found here.

27 games - 89 Yellow cards - 2 red. He's not officiated one game this season where he hasn't shown a yellow card. 

6 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

😮😉

They do, pal. I used to watch  them home and away whenever I was up there. They used to get some right shit. Even from their own former fans!   I once went up to watch them at Almondvale for the first time, after the move from Meadowbank, 2 or 3  years later, whilst it only had 2 ends, (Iirc). I politely enquired of the big bloke sat next to me who one of the players was and got my head verbally ripped off.  Apparently if I'd been a proper fan, (by implication from before the move to Livi), I wouldn't need to be asking.  End of conversation. I really wanted to point out that my journey to support his team that day was roughly ten times his and that's one of the reasons why I needed to ask that question to further my knowledge. I wasn't able or willing to do it regularly. (Also, from bitter experience, it's also often not a good idea to wave your Englishness around in Scotland) *

If I could actually have been arsed, I'd also have told him that I'd been 'following' them from afar from BEFORE they moved TO Meadowbank.  I could then have asked him when he started!

* Watching football privately and anonymously in Scotland over many years, I've felt very uncomfortable twice, both times on Scotland v England dates. One of them was a charity match, with their captain Gordon Ramsay, ffs! (One bloke going literally mental, shouting his head off in a decent hotel, not a pub.)  🙄

On the other hand, watching Livi away once, I received great personal kindness from a complete stranger who had heard my accent. And finally, during a lifetime of climbing over 400 Munros, plus god knows how many other hills, exploring so many Scottish islands, and receiving over 1,000 lifts, I never found anything other that kindness on offer, whether I asked for it or not.  

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

They do, pal. I used to watch  them home and away whenever I was up there. They used to get some right shit. Even from their own former fans!   I once went up to watch them at Almondvale for the first time, after the move from Meadowbank, 2 or 3  years later, whilst it only had 2 ends, (Iirc). I politely enquired of the big bloke sat next to me who one of the players was and got my head verbally ripped off.  Apparently if I'd been a proper fan, (by implication from before the move to Livi), I wouldn't need to be asking.  End of conversation. I really wanted to point out that my journey to support his team that day was roughly ten times his and that's one of the reasons why I needed to ask that question to further my knowledge. I wasn't able or willing to do it regularly. (Also, from bitter experience, it's also often not a good idea to wave your Englishness around in Scotland) *

If I could actually have been arsed, I'd also have told him that I'd been 'following' them from afar from BEFORE they moved TO Meadowbank.  I could then have asked him when he started!

* Watching football privately and anonymously in Scotland over many years, I've felt very uncomfortable twice, both times on Scotland v England dates. One of them was a charity match, with their captain Gordon Ramsay, ffs! (One bloke going literally mental, shouting his head off in a decent hotel, not a pub.)  🙄

On the other hand, watching Livi away once, I received great personal kindness from a complete stranger who had heard my accent. And finally, during a lifetime of climbing over 400 Munros, plus god knows how many other hills, exploring so many Scottish islands, and receiving over 1,000 lifts, I never found anything other that kindness on offer, whether I asked for it or not.  

My mind is in the gutter with this one, you might have to spill the beans, or did you?

Here's some comments from DM: 

We've got one or two bodies back this weekend which is good news. Gregory, James, Iorfa and Hunt have all trained. It increases the squad size to what we'd normally have.

We've shown versatility and have adapted. We've got one or two attacking options back now where we can change like for like. But the boys deputised well

(on FDB) I thought his contribution at Ipswich was excellent and he played a pivotal part. We know he's got brilliance in terms of driving us forward. He did well against Morecambe too, giving us an attacking option.

George Byers is ok. He took a knock but the medical team worked on him and he's part of the squad tomorrow.

There is so much work ahead but I firmly believe with the help and influence of everyone doing their bit, it will help turn this club around. It's everybody together, a team, a collective, fans.. Nothing is a given, you have to work for everything.

5 hours ago, Ozzie said:

My mind is in the gutter with this one, you might have to spill the beans, or did you?

Reesh will be after us but you did ask. I took in a Livi game at Ayr on the way home from Munro bagging in Glencoe.  So used to our Prem away games at the time, I went in the ground miles too early! (Main home stand.)   It was cold and very wet so I tried to buy a hot pie. She put it on the counter but couldn't give me change for my note, saying come back later, putting pie back in big oven. I went upstairs to view the stadium. When I walked back down, the only other fan around said, "There's your pie, pal."  It was on the counter again but with no sales girl in sight.  I said that I didn't understand and this total stranger confirmed that he'd taken pity on this cold, wet traveller and paid for my pie himself. And when I tried to repay him, he just said "No it's fine."  

Just a small gesture perhaps but symptomatic of so many Scots kindnesses during over 20 years or more exploring the Highlands, Islands & football grounds.  I'm pretty sure that inveterate Scots football watcher Sheffield Blue would have many similar stories. 

• Like 3