Let's be wise tomorrow - Morecambe match thread.

Reesh

Well that was so easy and comfortable. It was like playing Cambridge and Forest Green 

Sometimes, from a supporters view, I wish we could continue going for goals instead of having a training passing session at the back. I understand why they do it, it stops the opposition from hurting us. But at 2-0, one goal back and everything changes.

With the Ipswich draw tonight, that's Plymouth and Wednesday playing championship football next season. 

1 minute ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Well that was so easy and comfortable. It was like playing Cambridge and Forest Green 

Sometimes, from a supporters view, I wish we could continue going for goals instead of having a training passing session at the back. I understand why they do it, it stops the opposition from hurting us. But at 2-0, one goal back and everything changes.

With the Ipswich draw tonight, that's Plymouth and Wednesday playing championship football next season. 

Don't rule Bolton out pal

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Yep scored 5 in successive matches.

They do have Wycombe away next up though, still to play Ipswich away as well

Week we play Portsmouth, Barnsley and Bolton looking like a pivotal one 

By Ipswich away you mean at home, they drew at Portman Road on the opening day 

7 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Don't rule Bolton out pal

Only side in the top 6 I was concerned about was Ipswich. 

Not worried about Bolton, not with the 2 games in hand especially over them. We'll beat them at Hillsborough, pretty confident of that.

This Sheffield Wednesday team is far too good. I'm more confident of promotion this time than the last time when Dave Jones got us out of the division. This side will not throw it away in this division. 

• Like 1

A walk in the park. Made even easier by the fact that Morecambe wanted to play no part in the game from about the 10th minute.

I’m pleased that we were able to coast through the game after a very good first 30 minutes. I don’t think Flint and Famewo will have an easier game. And I don’t think Vaulks will have had as much of the ball pretty much ever.

One or two not so sparkling performances. Smith, worked hard but he gives the ball away quite easily. Dele was driving me mad at times, until the burst that led to the third. The rest thought, 7’s, with Windass, Vaulks and Bannan nudging 8’s.

Hopefully Byers coming off is just a precaution. He took a knock. Dennis looked decent right midfield as well which was a plus.

Be nice to get Wilkes and Gregory fit for the weekend just so we can rotate the strikers.

Just now, KrolMong said:

A walk in the park. Made even easier by the fact that Morecambe wanted to play no part in the game from about the 10th minute.

I’m pleased that we were able to coast through the game after a very good first 30 minutes. I don’t think Flint and Famewo will have an easier game. And I don’t think Vaulks will have had as much of the ball pretty much ever.

One or two not so sparkling performances. Smith, worked hard but he gives the ball away quite easily. Dele was driving me mad at times, until the burst that led to the third. The rest thought, 7’s, with Windass, Vaulks and Bannan nudging 8’s.

Hopefully Byers coming off is just a precaution. He took a knock. Dennis looked decent right midfield as well which was a plus.

Be nice to get Wilkes and Gregory fit for the weekend just so we can rotate the strikers.

Adeniran disappeared the 2nd half a bit. 

I think with FDB there was a game - probably last season thinking about it - where he powered forward but lost the ball and I am sure we conceded. Other reasons eg his contract but that incident has held him back in my view 

If all the teams behind us win all their games, which is a bit unlikely, we can afford two defeats and one draw to be guaranteed second. 
The sooner it gets to more defeats allowed than games left the better. I can’t say I’m enjoying this run as much as I should be.

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Adeniran disappeared the 2nd half a bit. 

I think with FDB there was a game - probably last season thinking about it - where he powered forward but lost the ball and I am sure we conceded. Other reasons eg his contract but that incident has held him back in my view 

Portsmouth 3-3 this season? 

22 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Crowley is a decent player. Was at Cheltenham last season but left them under a bit of a cloud, think there are some ‘issues’ with him.

Has anyone seen a better angle of the third goal to confirm it was handball? It certainly looked like it. 

Short highlights not 100% clear but Windass looked like he had channelled the ghost of Andy Ritchie 

I think the 2nd is probably offside as well, whilst there is a player on the touchline i think he is ahead of the keeper or another defender 

i note there was no replay, it was funny watching as there appeared to be a cheer when they kicked off again (ironically when we nearly immediately conceded) 

2 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

I'm delighted.

However, whilst this is undoubtedly cause for celebration in ECO Towers, I dread to think which inept dunderheid will step forward to lead the country into the next stage of oblivion 🙁

One of the fitties please, either her that's just had the baby or the dark haired one with the weird Gaelic name

13 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

One of the fitties please, either her that's just had the baby or the dark haired one with the weird Gaelic name

Mairi McAllan?

i had no idea who you were talking about until I checked the 'frontrunners' on the BBC website!

Never heard of her, to be honest.

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Lee Bullen ? 

Would that constitute a breath of fresh Ayr?

4 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Short highlights not 100% clear but Windass looked like he had channelled the ghost of Andy Ritchie 

I think the 2nd is probably offside as well, whilst there is a player on the touchline i think he is ahead of the keeper or another defender 

i note there was no replay, it was funny watching as there appeared to be a cheer when they kicked off again (ironically when we nearly immediately conceded) 

We were sure 'live' at the ground that the 2nd looked offside. When they finally showed it on the big screen, we wondered if it had been allowed because it came to him deflected by a defender.  

Edited by Owling_Wolf