Tractor shaggers match thread

Reesh

I agree that this is the bigger game.

I think we will need to stand up to a proper onslaught for 20 or 30 mins, these are very good at keeping the ball. But, if we weather it, then I think that we might win. What would be better still is if our midfield three dominate the ball and we get some link up between Bannan, Byers and Windass.

A point/three points would be a great outcome with the two home games and the game in hand.

We have 54 points to play for, if we can get 13 more wins from a possible 18, that will see us up - potentially as Champions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reesh said:

If you don't win the league with 100 points KM summat is wrong somewhere.

It’s a funny old season Reesh. We’ve have us and Plymouth just over 2 points a game, and Derby and Ipswich just under. It’s not inconceivable that we end up with four teams around the 90 point mark. 

I do think that us beating Ipswich gives us a high probability of Automatic. What would guarantee the title would be wins against Barnsley and Bolton, and not losing at Portsmouth and Charlton. 

7 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

Young George is a bitter lad, was his choice to fuck off to Belgian Leicester and diddle "his" club out of a transfer fee. Ironically, If he'd hung around a bit longer he'd have had regular games with us

Not sure I stick the blame solely at a kid tbh.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Is it? I thought our game against Barnsley was moved because of FA Cup action recently so just made that assumption 

Now remember our midweek against Cheltenham being cancelled recently too now, so we’re actually 2 games down 

Cheltenham originally due to be played 7th Jan.

I think the Plymouth and Ipswich games are equally as important but the one this weekend is tougher.

Hopefully the cup game won’t have made any impact on our mentality for this one - I don’t think it will.

I think the team picks itself

Dawson

Iorfa Flint Famewo
Palmer Byers Vaulks Bannan Johnson

Smith Windass

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I think the Plymouth and Ipswich games are equally as important but the one this weekend is tougher.

Hopefully the cup game won’t have made any impact on our mentality for this one - I don’t think it will.

Dawson

Iorfa Flint Famewo

Smith Windass

Just feel we're a bit 'down' after the midweek pair of  losses after the huge high of last Saturday. We're not used to them nowadays! We need a good result this weekend to get us right back in the groove. C'mon Wednesday: let's do what we do!   

1 hour ago, Ozzie said:

Young George is a bitter lad, was his choice to fuck off to Belgian Leicester and diddle "his" club out of a transfer fee. Ironically, If he'd hung around a bit longer he'd have had regular games with us

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Not sure I stick the blame solely at a kid tbh.

Hirst Jnr was lured by the upfront payments of the car and the bling and also badly advised by people who wanted to make money, both out of him and through him. 

If he'd have stayed I doubt he would have been playing regularly the following season or even the season after that. He was about fifth or sixth in line but he did turn down at least one loan move that could have shown how good he was and possibly moved him up. 

12 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Just feel we're a bit 'down' after the midweek pair of  losses after the huge high of last Saturday. We're not used to them nowadays! We need a good result this weekend to get us right back in the groove. C'mon Wednesday: let's do what we do!   

Nah confidence will still be bubbling, we are made of stronger stuff collectively.

Ipswich have been out of sorts since they twice blew 2 goal leads at Charlton, fans questioning the man who they believed walked on water barely 3 months prior, can't string back to back wins together, dropping points late in games and a bloated squad with perhaps too many options.

They, for me, remind me of us last year.

The battle is won or lost in midfield for me in this one, Morsy is a snidey dirty get so we should use that and wind him up, Chaplin will cause problems if allowed.

Edited by Reesh

28 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Nah confidence will still be bubbling, we are made of stronger stuff collectively.

Ipswich have been out of sorts since they twice blew 2 goal leads at Charlton, fans questioning the man who they believed walked on water barely 3 months prior, can't string back to back wins together, dropping points late in games and a bloated squad with perhaps too many options.

They, for me, remind me of us last year.

The battle is won or lost in midfield for me in this one, Morsy is a snidey dirty get so we should use that and wind him up, Chaplin will cause problems if allowed.

That Ips v Cha game was fantastic for us, especially the circumstances.  

The day we went past Ipswich at last I read a Twitter conversation that was between fans of us, them n Plymouth. One Ips lad in particular said that now we'd gone past them they would drop away because they couldn't buy goals. That they were dominating games, having all of the possession but not scoring.  Their fans really were on a downer.  It would be nice if he was right this Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

That Ips v Cha game was fantastic for us, especially the circumstances.  

The day we went past Ipswich at last I read a Twitter conversation that was between fans of us, them n Plymouth. One Ips lad in particular said that now we'd gone past them they would drop away because they couldn't buy goals. That they were dominating games, having all of the possession but not scoring.  Their fans really were on a downer.  It would be nice if he was right this Saturday. 

As I said further up, remind me of us last year with missing chances to put teams away and then getting stung late on. They've outscored us by 6 goals but let in 11 more, our ability to win 1 nil is a contrast to much of my time watching us. 

Some pre match comments from DM.

Disappointingly, Callum Paterson's injury will mean a lengthy lay off for him.

"It's a blow, if we see him back it will be towards the end of the season." 

"All we can do is prepare as best we can for tomorrow. 

"The players know they will have to be at their best to get a positive result tomorrow.

"We go into it with a positive mindset, and we have to look to build."

"Reece James is 50/50 for tomorrow. 

"He's trained and is ahead of schedule, we're pleased to have him back.

"To have him back available will give us more options."

"When we have played games, it's very important that as a team we show that togetherness to get clean sheets. 

"We know the defence will get the plaudits but it is a team effort." 

"The best way to be, for me, is to enjoy the occasion and enjoy the magnitude of the games.

"We've got two good teams going head to head tomorrow and both sides have an attacking prowess."

"We have to shuffle the pack again with Pato being out, but now it's a chance for someone else to come in.

"Pato has accepted it and been positive and we wish him a very speedy recovery." 

Think we’ll just grind out another 1-0.  We’ll probably let them have the ball for spells.  Tbh, a side that lack a bit of cutting edge, in front of an anxious home crowd, in a game we can afford to draw, or even lose, sounds perfect.  Fuck em.  Worried about absolutely fucking nobody in this league.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, owl71 said:

Think we’ll just grind out another 1-0.  We’ll probably let them have the ball for spells.  Tbh, a side that lack a bit of cutting edge, in front of an anxious home crowd, in a game we can afford to draw, or even lose, sounds perfect.  Fuck em.  Worried about absolutely fucking nobody in this league.

Bring that on!

Hmnnn. Nervous about this one, our run could come to an end today. I think a lot of Wednesday are feeling the same. We're not scoring the number of goals away from home that our XG suggests apparently, whatever the fuck that is. So it seems someone is due a complete shafting. Hope its these bumpkin that cop for it. Just the 4-0 to us then. 

On 09/02/2023 at 21:46, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Dawson

Iorfa Flint Famewo

Smith Windass

If James was fit, he would replace Johnson for me, otherwise that's a bloody decent team in the Championship, never mind Division 1