Mason Greenwood

KrolMong

• 6 months later...

Mason Greenwood situation is strange when you have to balance out side world reaction, the publicly available evidence and that of the fact that he’s engaged to, and now had a child with the same girlfriend who published the videos in the first place? 

The BBC story on this is quite interesting, we have the expertise of Gary Neville and Karen Carney, all valid opinions. Less prominence is given to a sports lawyer who actually nails it, that an immediate sacking would be deemed rushed and unfair, but a longer review is now deemed took too long.

At stake we have our old friend of how the legal requirement in a law court is a higher bar than the regulatory one of balance of probabilities. 

The question is where does employment law sit in that range of required evidence. Probably somewhere in the middle, I could be not guilty in a court of law, but easily guilty of gross misconduct in an employment tribunal.

That was the conundrum for Man Utd, not helped by the string em up crowd, who are convinced of his guilt. 

And I am probably a bit of a wooly Liberal on such things, in that people do deserve a 2nd chance in life, once they have served whatever punishment is handed out. 

As we have seen with Goodwillie up in Scotland, a huge load of pressure is exerted to prevent that. 

I always ponder that the lynch mobs in these situations never appreciate that at some time in the future, they or a relative might end up involved in something similar and their tune would quickly change. 

56 minutes ago, Andyben said:

It's a different girl now

AB - I think it’s the same bird

31 Jan 2022  The allegations against Greenwood were posted on social media earlier in the day by Harriet Robson, who is believed to be his ex-girlfriend.”

14 Jul 2023  MASON Greenwood has welcomed his first child with his girlfriend Harriet Robson.

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

The BBC story on this is quite interesting, we have the expertise of Gary Neville and Karen Carney, all valid opinions. Less prominence is given to a sports lawyer who actually nails it, that an immediate sacking would be deemed rushed and unfair, but a longer review is now deemed took too long.

At stake we have our old friend of how the legal requirement in a law court is a higher bar than the regulatory one of balance of probabilities. 

The question is where does employment law sit in that range of required evidence. Probably somewhere in the middle, I could be not guilty in a court of law, but easily guilty of gross misconduct in an employment tribunal.

That was the conundrum for Man Utd, not helped by the string em up crowd, who are convinced of his guilt. 

And I am probably a bit of a wooly Liberal on such things, in that people do deserve a 2nd chance in life, once they have served whatever punishment is handed out. 

As we have seen with Goodwillie up in Scotland, a huge load of pressure is exerted to prevent that. 

I always ponder that the lynch mobs in these situations never appreciate that at some time in the future, they or a relative might end up involved in something similar and their tune would quickly change. 

The Chief Exec's open letter puts it into perspective from the employers POV

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/richard-arnold-open-letter-to-man-utd-supporters-after-club-decision-on-mason-greenwood

1 hour ago, EBRA said:

AB - I think it’s the same bird

31 Jan 2022  The allegations against Greenwood were posted on social media earlier in the day by Harriet Robson, who is believed to be his ex-girlfriend.”

14 Jul 2023  MASON Greenwood has welcomed his first child with his girlfriend Harriet Robson.

Two Harriet Robsons.

There's only two Harriet Robsons...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I always find it amusing that those with the flaming torches would be first to complain if their employer did the same to them 

I think what paints Man Utd in a bad light is the lingering impression that they were looking at every way possible to reinstate him into the squad and only buckled due to the pressure from the women's groups etc.  Their statement also hints that Harriet Robson only told a part of the story on social media - really there was no need for them to come out with something like that.

On the other hand - they're going to try and offload him (which apparently could cost them up to £10m) and he's going to go and play for some other club, probably in Europe so they've lost one of their top rated young players and who knows, he could end up back in the Premier League scoring against them in 2-3 years time, so they've lost out in this situation but their loss is someone else's gain.

I disagree with Neville saying that Man Utd aren't equipped to deal with a situation like this and that there should be an independent body.  They have money and access to the best Employment Law legal services possible.  It's a question of leadership, they've got there in the end at least but their comms haven't been great over the last few months.  

• Like 1

It's a mess, it has been a mess. 

15 hours ago, BraddersTim said:

I think what paints Man Utd in a bad light is the lingering impression that they were looking at every way possible to reinstate him into the squad and only buckled due to the pressure from the women's groups etc.  Their statement also hints that Harriet Robson only told a part of the story on social media - really there was no need for them to come out with something like that.

On the other hand - they're going to try and offload him (which apparently could cost them up to £10m) and he's going to go and play for some other club, probably in Europe so they've lost one of their top rated young players and who knows, he could end up back in the Premier League scoring against them in 2-3 years time, so they've lost out in this situation but their loss is someone else's gain.

I disagree with Neville saying that Man Utd aren't equipped to deal with a situation like this and that there should be an independent body.  They have money and access to the best Employment Law legal services possible.  It's a question of leadership, they've got there in the end at least but their comms haven't been great over the last few months.  

Apparently, he was off to Saudi, but even THEY despite their god awful human rights records and various laws, still don't want him.

The Saudi's don't want him because it doesn't fall in line with their new found belief of women's freedom (in any country but their own)

Roma want him but there's been an immediate backlash as soon as the news was leaked. 

A couple of Turkish clubs have made enquiries, as have Zenit St Petersburg if the rumours are true. 

What I think will happen is a Pigs/Evans style deal will be done where a club will take a gamble pick him up then immediately farm him out on loan to a Greek or Eastern European club to do his rehabilitation there. His partner gets to stay in England with the baby and his new club get all the PR for 'looking after her and the baby' while he's happy to nip off to Red Star Belgrade because he's still got a foot in English football