Stevie Nicks Army (a) - Match thread

HoylandOwl

Not much of a head to head record. BUT....

Games played 2. 

Wednesday wins 2.

Officials

Ref: Darren Handley
Assistants: Peter Gooch and Simon Clayton
Fourth Official : Joe Simpson

Last time he reffed us: It doesn't look like he ever has!

His record this season: 8 games, 32 yellow cards, 2 red cards.

Some press conference comments from the manager.

DM "Both goalkeepers have been great all season. "Last week when Dawson saved the penalty, Stockers was the first one over to him, that's the goalkeeper's union. "I see them every day and they're always challenging each other, and that's what you want."

"The game in midweek was perfect for us. "We had seven or eight seniors out there against Doncaster. We needed a bounce match to give a few of the seniors some minutes."

"It's too early to confirm how they will be for Boxing Day, but I can say that Barry Bannan, George Byers and Dennis Adeniran have all trained this week."

"It's a proud achievement to have racked up the most points out of all four divisions in 2022. "The priority is always to win games and that stat highlights that mentality."

"The biggest thing for anyone in this industry is consistency. We're on a run of games and we want to continue that consistency."

"Boxing Day is great because there are always more fans at the games and that will be the same on Monday. "In my 20 or 30 years in the game, I’ve only had Christmas Day off once or twice! It’s the same this year, we’ll be in, working ahead of our game with Fleetwood.”

4 hours ago, Bellsview said:

"The biggest thing for anyone in this industry is consistency. We're on a run of games and we want to continue that consistency."

Is he mental?

Last 3 games are the most recent part of that “run of games” - and we’ve been utter shite! 

We’ve been poor for 6 or 7 but remain unbeaten. We surely can’t be shite for much longer? If we start getting players back on the pitch these past few games could prove to be a storm well weathered. 

We are definitely under performing compared to capabilities of the squad. 

Why we appear to have lost confidence, certainly from an attacking perspective is a bit of a puzzle. 

Clearly injuries do not help, but to me Moore struggles when he has choices to make. If you recall last year, our improved form coincided with us almost knowing the team available for selection. It forced his hand to keep a settled side and system.

Moore is good at getting players in, but not so good at integrating them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Supercockle said:

We’ve been poor for 6 or 7 but remain unbeaten. We surely can’t be shite for much longer? If we start getting players back on the pitch these past few games could prove to be a storm well weathered. 

After a couple of poor performances leading to narrow wins the debate was whether we’d turn it round, get back on track, and start winning a bit more comfortably or whether narrow wins would turn to points dropped.

After three draws, it’s a case of will we turn it round to getting wins again or will draws turn into narrow defeats? (The last two games we’re so close to 0-1 losses).

I don’t know which way we’re going to go. I think Byers has been missed more than we’d have thought, so hopefully his return will see an improvement in performances and results. 

Palmer has been absolutely abysmal 

Mighten is a complete waste of a shirt - the first time he got the ball on the half way line with a bit of room he stopped and couldn’t wait to pass it back then he pointed to the bloke he passed it back to to tell him to pass it back even further 

Paterson and Smith up front - blimey