Stevie Nicks Army (a) - Match thread

HoylandOwl

18 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Look forward to seeing that on the highlights 🤣

Stupid mate, he clearly didn't like Johnson going down cheaper than a lady of the night, although he did clip him, but once he realised the ref had a second yellow in his hand he lost his nut. Tried to get at Johnson who was on the floor. Got ushered away, then at the tunnel he lost his shit at DM and pushed him. Stockdale stood up for the manager, and Scott Brown stood in the other dug out doing 2 shades of fuck all.

• Haha 1

Wings backs exposed in the first half, meaning that Palmer and James were being dragged wide creating spaces. We were probably the better side in the first half despite this although they missed the best chances.

Second half was miles better defensively although pretty poor with the ball. But, great strike from Johnson and we did miss a couple of decent chances too. Some decent displays today, Johnson was good second half, Vaulks was good when he came on, Byers and McGuinness were good. Palmer was good for 70 minutes.

We need a few extra bodies in, but, we are hard to break down. Good result but an average performance.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KrolMong said:

Wings backs exposed in the first half, meaning that Palmer and James were being dragged wide creating spaces. We were probably the better side in the first half despite this although they missed the best chances.

Second half was miles better defensively although pretty poor with the ball. But, great strike from Johnson and we did miss a couple of decent chances too. Some decent displays today, Johnson was good second half, Vaulks was good when he came on, Byers and McGuinness were good. Palmer was good for 70 minutes.

We need a few extra bodies in, but, we are hard to break down. Good result but an average performance.

That's very generous IMO.

The redeeming features of the game as a whole for me were the result and not being put under pressure. 

23 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

That's madness from their lad. Yes, Neymarv sold him down the river but pushing DM and taking on Stockdale isn't advisable. 🤣

Think he got 4 yellows in one.  One for foul, one for remonstrating with ref, one for arguing and pushing players on pitch then fourth for altercation with Moore and Stockdale.

Bonkers. 

1 minute ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Think he got 4 yellows in one.  One for foul, one for remonstrating with ref, one for arguing and pushing players on pitch then fourth for altercation with Moore and Stockdale.

Bonkers. 

It did make me laugh though initially as it was as though he didn't realise the ref had the yellow out, then the red mist descended!

34 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

That's very generous IMO.

The redeeming features of the game as a whole for me were the result and not being put under pressure. 

And not being stood in that freezing wind any more: bloody horrible!  We were right in the front corner of the main stand. It might as well not have been there.  Best moment of the day for me was trying to get out of the gents when much of our mob were pushing their way in post match. I got stuck against a wall with a hand dryer blowing hot air all down me.  Brilliant!   😁

As a separate comment. We need three things in Jan. We need another center half who can play in a three. We absolutely need to get a right wing back. And we need to get a striker with mobility.

Id also be offering deals to McGuinness and James if we can.

We have a problem a right wing back with our lack of center halves. We have a striker problem without Gregory’s movement. Both were highlighted today, we were quite easy to defend against when Gregory went off because Smith and Paterson want a scrap with the center halves. And Mighten offered nothing going forward other than a square pass when in attacking positions.

16 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Rooney went stark staring mad miles before he reached our people. For a good 40 yards his eyes were bulging scarily.  Wtf? Why was he going for DM?  

He wasn’t going for Moore.. Big Daz has stepped in front of the 4th official, the geezers clearly then not fancied it so had a half hearted shove at Moore, to which Stockdale (who should have been on the pitch not in the dug out) has jumped in.

we handled it perfectly… what makes it funnier is I thought it was Johnson who was going to get booked for diving initially 🤣

28 minutes ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

He wasn’t going for Moore.. Big Daz has stepped in front of the 4th official, the geezers clearly then not fancied it so had a half hearted shove at Moore, to which Stockdale (who should have been on the pitch not in the dug out) has jumped in.

we handled it perfectly… what makes it funnier is I thought it was Johnson who was going to get booked for diving initially 🤣

Me too to be honest!

I can't say I was too thrilled by how the presenter / pundits conversation went about Rooney / Johnners on the ITV EFL prog last night.  Saying that Fleetwood felt that Marv was the villain, plus how soft his going down was. Then only showing a fraction of the aftermath, with little of the ranting, eye bulging walk and nothing at all of the mayhem when he got over the white line.