Grecians (a) Match thread…

Very poor second half.  The point was undeserved, but fuck it.  We had what looked like a stonewall pen turned down, as John Pearson said on iFollow, you don’t give people decisions because their performance has deserved it.  Well that ref did.  Midfield poor again.  We really miss Byers.

I must say the Exeter City commentary on I follow are very, very complimentary.

Paterson got us out of jail there. That second half performance was dreadful apart from the last 2 minutes of injury time where we got the equaliser and threatened a 2nd.

The passing in particular, so many times we gave the ball away for fun

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Crikey we were poor. But we have been for weeks Got out of jail .

We have dome excellent forwards for this level but there not turning it on......but I don't think it's there fault

We are not playing to that strength. We allegedly play with wing backs but they are not performing. Midfield is lacking in forward intent. FDB tried on occasion and was fouled, but every free kick pass it back to build up from the back.

I am not sure who is the more stupid, Moore for not changing the tactics or our players for not doing it anyway 

The crux is we are seriously under shooting the sum of our squad and for me its down to how we set up, the mindset 

As seen today in those final minutes, you get the ball forward quickly and go direct - you get chances in this division

If you try to be Manchester City/Real Madrid but in your own half with your defence, you are just asking for trouble. Not even Man United do that anymore after their lesson they got at Brentford

7 minutes ago, Mark said:

Crikey we were poor. But we have been for weeks Got out of jail .

We have dome excellent forwards for this level but there not turning it on......but I don't think it's there fault

As Ty & KM have said since the start of the season, we don't play to their strengths, Smith his 20+ goals at Rotherham last season, this season he sits on 4.

Just now, Kiwi Owl said:

As seen today in those final minutes, you get the ball forward quickly and go direct - you get chances in this division

If you try to be Manchester City/Real Madrid but in your own half with your defence, you are just asking for trouble. Not even Man United do that anymore after their lesson they got at Brentford

We should have conceded 2 more from Stockdale being an arsewipe 

10 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

The moral of that story is stop fannying around, get the ball in the final 3rd, put pressure on the defence.

Got out of jail there, but we ain't going up automatically unless inept Moore stops trying to be some master tactician that he fuckin isn't 

Someone will have to explain that first paragraph to me MK. I'm confused by those three ideas. 👀

Btw  "going up"?  On that 2nd half performance that could be a big point towards stopping up.  😡

Our (alleged) 'tactics' today were so bloody negative. I heard so many Owls saying that Exeter are rubbish but at least they were on the front foot and played positive, forward balls, whilst we routinely spun and played it backwards. Rubbish, Wednesday. Not only is it defeatist, who the hell wants to watch that shit?  Embarassing!   👿

6 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

We are not playing to that strength. We allegedly play with wing backs but they are not performing. Midfield is lacking in forward intent. FDB tried on occasion and was fouled, but every free kick pass it back to build up from the back.

I am not sure who is the more stupid, Moore for not changing the tactics or our players for not doing it anyway 

The crux is we are seriously under shooting the sum of our squad and for me its down to how we set up, the mindset 

Agreed.

Tbf to FDB he tried to carry it forward but they took it in turns to foul him.

How many times does Smith/Gregory get a decent cross to attack ? We have best crossed of ball (and possibly 1 of best in this league ) in Johnson who these days hardly gets past half way. 

We're lucky to have 2 natural left footers who are excellent on ball. We don't use them enough. And Iorfa is never a wing back. Not good enough on the ball

9 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Everyone needs to chill the fuck out it’s embarrassing on social media 🙌🙌🙌 Wednesday till I die 10 Stella’s in we haven’t lost and it’s coming home 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

A point there is better than we usually manage so agree.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Everyone needs to chill the fuck out it’s embarrassing on social media 🙌🙌🙌 Wednesday till I die 10 Stella’s in we haven’t lost and it’s coming home 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

The problem is not the result but the fuck awful performance. If you can't see that if we continue to perform so poorly, so lacking in threat that we ain't getting out this division other than through the luck of the play offs

Are you happy with that 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Someone will have to explain that first paragraph to me MK. I'm confused by those three ideas. 👀

Btw  "going up"?  On that 2nd half performance that could be a big point towards stopping up.  😡

Our (alleged) 'tactics' today were so bloody negative. I heard so many Owls saying that Exeter are rubbish but at least they were on the front foot and played positive, forward balls, whilst we routinely spun and played it backwards. Rubbish, Wednesday. Not only is it defeatist, who the hell wants to watch that shit?  Embarassing!   👿

The commentators were fairly close to the Wednesday fans in the seats so there were a few choice comments you could over hear.

Like many I could live with the passing game if a) it created goal scoring opportunities b) it did not create goal scoring opportunities for the opposition

It's certainly doing b) and you would hope the World Cup will finally consign the possession with no end result to the dustbin 

21 minutes ago, Reesh said:

He thrives on long balls, set pieces not slow turgid build up.

Mansfield showed what he thrives off. 

This and then some

If Bannan is out for any amount then we should go 4-2-3-1 with Vaulks and possibly Adeniran or Fizz as the middle two with Johnson Windass and Wilks behind Smith/Gregory and Johnson and Wilks going wide and flinging crosses in

14 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

The problem is not the result but the fuck awful performance. If you can't see that if we continue to perform so poorly, so lacking in threat that we ain't getting out this division other than through the luck of the play offs

Are you happy with that 

We were shit again and got a point we can play better we are still up there we are still averaging 2 points per game we are not even half way. Calm down is all I’m saying if we get to March and we are 7th then I might be a little bit pissed off but I won’t be throwing my season ticket into the river and kicking next doors dog or taking my shoe off in the car park. I will still hate the pigs still call toytown scrubbers and still go to mk dons away next season. We will get promoted and as of today I am still confident of that. Sing your fuckin hearts out for the lads and get behind them because it’s all I can do for now.

By the way it’s coming home 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 apparently but if it doesn’t I will still be proud as fuck to be English and I won’t be smashing up any French restaurants 🙌🙌🙌

5 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

We were shit again and got a point we can play better we are still up there we are still averaging 2 points per game we are not even half way. Calm down is all I’m saying if we get to March and we are 7th then I might be a little bit pissed off but I won’t be throwing my season ticket into the river and kicking next doors dog or taking my shoe off in the car park. I will still hate the pigs still call toytown scrubbers and still go to mk dons away next season. We will get promoted and as of today I am still confident of that. Sing your fuckin hearts out for the lads and get behind them because it’s all I can do for now.

By the way it’s coming home 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 apparently but if it doesn’t I will still be proud as fuck to be English and I won’t be smashing up any French restaurants 🙌🙌🙌

If we miss out on autos I'd pot Moore and get some in for play offs

• Like 1

First half was ok-ish. We were the better team, created 3 or 4 chances, Exeter didnt create any.

Second half was dire. If Bannan is injured for any length of time we are really struggling. Thought Mc Guinness was excellent. Take a point any day after a performance like that

Only saw bits and pieces of the game today so can’t really say a lot.

We MAYBE could have done better with those two chances in the first half. Pato’s finish is ridiculous tbh. Passed it into the corner. Anyone else scores that and they’re talking about it for ages.

We would have taken a point beforehand. 

When did we stop celebrating 94th minute equalisers away when did we stop celebrating being 3rd and 3 points off the top of the league. When did we stop singing our hearts out until you can’t talk anymore. Just when? It’s time we sorted this shit out and got it back together ffs 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

When did we stop celebrating 94th minute equalisers away when did we stop celebrating being 3rd and 3 points off the top of the league. When did we stop singing our hearts out until you can’t talk anymore. Just when? It’s time we sorted this shit out and got it back together ffs 

When did we last score late on away pal.

Edited by Reesh
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reesh said:

When did we last score late on away pal.

Exactly I don’t mind saying I went fuckin mental limbs in the front room.

I’ve also had a bet on England to win 4-0 I love football me cos you just never know 🙌🙌🙌🙌

This post is sponsored by Stella Artois 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Exactly I don’t mind saying I went fuckin mental limbs in the front room.

I’ve also had a bet on England to win 4-0 I love football me cos you just never know 🙌🙌🙌🙌

This post is sponsored by Stella Artois 

Seriously it's usually us that concede away late on.

• Like 1