Nixon

27 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

He's under contract til 2024 with a year extension plumbed in and he's been a regular starter for them this season. 

Well I guess if Nixon is suggesting it, those details probably rule us out......unless Fizz is on his way, although I would imagine we wouldn't get much if anything in view of his contract situation. Can Fizz sign a pre contract in January ?

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Andyben said:

Doesn't mean he's on 30k now, probably just the contribution Lester would want towards his wages 

Correct. 

That's half of Vardy's current wages after taking a dip due to relegation. 

I'm not saying Vardy would come, is coming, here but there's whispers that Maresca may be willing to let him go if he can find a younger replacement. Leicester certainly wouldn't loan him to a promotion rival but someone like Burnley, or even a West Ham, might take advantage of it's offered. But MLS is also an option. 

Vardy is 37 at the beginning of January and his contract is up at the end of the season. Maresca doesn't want Vardy to be bigger than the club, when it comes to the end of the season, and if he can find goals from elsewhere and allow Vardy to have a season or two in the MLS (starts in February) then he'll be off. 

2 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Correct. 

That's half of Vardy's current wages after taking a dip due to relegation. 

I'm not saying Vardy would come, is coming, here but there's whispers that Maresca may be willing to let him go if he can find a younger replacement. Leicester certainly wouldn't loan him to a promotion rival but someone like Burnley, or even a West Ham, might take advantage of it's offered. But MLS is also an option. 

Vardy is 37 at the beginning of January and his contract is up at the end of the season. Maresca doesn't want Vardy to be bigger than the club, when it comes to the end of the season, and if he can find goals from elsewhere and allow Vardy to have a season or two in the MLS (starts in February) then he'll be off. 

He'd love to have a swansong at Hillsborough

• Like 1