Morons

Reesh

8 hours ago, Reesh said:

They didn't deduct clubs who's fans chucked tennis balls on the pitch or had games abandoned 

We were always the example they used to set, until they realised Wednesday made more money by having folk in the seats not standing. And Wednesday fans got into away games.

I am surprised at our fans though, being from Yorkshire I presume they would be too tight to throw owt away 

I agree, a bit slow even if the officials created the situation by their total ineptitude - there's no excuse for chucking stuff, however small. Empty bottles wasn't it?

It also took some time to say something on the PA system. Something should have been said immediately after the first incident, not 10mins after the ref pulled the managers together.

Not defending it, but bloody hell Id be amazed if most Wednesday fans werent fuming by the time the ref pulled the managers together. As I say I was in the South yesterday for a change and even in their the woolly blankets were off and people were shouting at the officials.

1 hour ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I agree, a bit slow even if the officials created the situation by their total ineptitude - there's no excuse for chucking stuff, however small. Empty bottles wasn't it?

It also took some time to say something on the PA system. Something should have been said immediately after the first incident, not 10mins after the ref pulled the managers together.

Not defending it, but bloody hell Id be amazed if most Wednesday fans werent fuming by the time the ref pulled the managers together. As I say I was in the South yesterday for a change and even in their the woolly blankets were off and people were shouting at the officials.

Some of the stuff in front of the North went a longish way and looked small like coins or similar, (from afar.) Some of the stuff off of the Kop included empty looking plastic bottles, (again seen from afar.)  

This is not the first time this season. What was it the last time, a vape thing? 

54 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Some of the stuff in front of the North went a longish way and looked small like coins or similar, (from afar.) Some of the stuff off of the Kop included empty looking plastic bottles, (again seen from afar.)  

This is not the first time this season. What was it the last time, a vape thing? 

It was two bottles of pop thrown from the kop by kids immediately after we’d conceded the second. One of the bottles was empty, the other had some in but no lid on. Their keeper turned round and applauded them until it dawned on him that he might be able to get the game abandoned so he went flouncing off up the pitch to tell teacher. 

At one point there were three people stood next to the hoardings by the kop who came down the ramp on the south. The lad in the yellow top was clearly struggling to keep himself off the pitch. Another awful decision from that trio of officials and I reckon at least one of them would have been chased around the pitch; whilst the Benny Hill theme tune played in the background. 

If it’s kids they will probably get away with it, more or less untouchable these days. 
Always remember at that awful 4-1 defeat at Coventry in 2000 there were some blokes chucking stuff at the Cov fans. One came running in front of me then had to spend about 2 minutes rooting through his change for the coppers. By the time he’d found a few it had died down. 

48 minutes ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Can't fault the club's stance and if it young UN's then the parents want banning for 1 allowing it and 2 raising kids who think that course of action is correct, however fucking biased or shit the officials are.

And the parents who let their kids take those pieces of cardboard begging for shirts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chelters said:

If it’s kids they will probably get away with it, more or less untouchable these days. 
Always remember at that awful 4-1 defeat at Coventry in 2000 there were some blokes chucking stuff at the Cov fans. One came running in front of me then had to spend about 2 minutes rooting through his change for the coppers. By the time he’d found a few it had died down. 

I’ve always thought that there’s not a lot of difference between the average policeman and the typical hooligan. Never heard of them actually joining in though.