SWFC Pre season thread 2022

Just now, bricat said:

The unforced schoolboy errors by defensive players and poor marking in the box at set pieces and other wise, even with different personnel is of grave concern. It looks like defensive coaching is the problem. We could maybe think we have got rid of the culprits but the new players have caught the same bug. Looking like we need to score three goals or more every game to give us a chance.

Wrote this as Reesh was writing his comments. Sorry

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Different players same basic errors and goals being conceded.

Perhaps just a case of players getting used to each other etc but if we blow 20 fucking points plus again it'll cost us dearly.

Moore has to get it right in the first 10 games for me or we look elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, Reesh said:

The scoreline doesn't reflect the match

These.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Reesh said:

The scoreline doesn't reflect the match

No I don't think it does. At times we played OK, but, for me the things that were missing last season, are still missing now. However there is still time for him to put that right..... But I'm just not convinced he will

I'm wondering how we practice defending high balls into the box? The players we need to coach through the defensive aspects are the same ones we'd really need to be attacking the ball in the practice run through to better simulate the game. Most physical practices like this are done at half to three quarter tilt, to avoid injury. Otherwise it's done through watching video clips and pointing out the obvious. 

It's almost like you need to be looking for the tallest, combative, local semi pro's to turn up and make themselves busy in front of our defence. 

25 minutes ago, JBO said:

Why do fans expect our players not to make any mistakes whatsoever?

They are 3rd division footballers, they will always make mistakes

True they are playing in league 1. However a lot of them are used to playing at a higher standard. 

It's only a friendly so can't read massive amount into it but I'd definitely like to see some more pace added to side and to actually defend a bit better