SWFC Pre season thread 2022

DM on a few absences in pre seasonā€¦

Weā€™ve not picked knocks or anything, but a few of the boys just had a little tightness,ā€Ā 

ā€œBecause we picked those up, I left Jack Hunt, Marvin, Akin and Michael Smith out for tonight. I just didnā€™t want to take the risk.

ā€œAll of them were just a bit of tightness so I just said ā€˜No chanceā€™, taking that risk. All of them should be fine for next week.ā€

46 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

DM on a few absences in pre seasonā€¦

Weā€™ve not picked knocks or anything, but a few of the boys just had a little tightness,ā€Ā 

ā€œBecause we picked those up, I left Jack Hunt, Marvin, Akin and Michael Smith out for tonight. I just didnā€™t want to take the risk.

ā€œAll of them were just a bit of tightness so I just said ā€˜No chanceā€™, taking that risk. All of them should be fine for next week.ā€

We're doomed! DOOMED, I TELL YE!!Ā  Ā Ā 

5 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Both Michaels should be fit to feature at Wigan after being left out last night v Rayo Vallecano.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-michael-smith-ihiekwe-24546495

Just listening to the back end of the Moment of Truth podcast and Rotherham's medical team are talking to Warne about putting injections in Smith's big toe to keep him going. Just checked with someone and he had cortisone injections in his right foot for the last 6 league games after dislocating his toe in training. It wasn't documented as an injury though.Ā 

This is the first pre season that Iā€™ve not been to a game in ages, so Iā€™ve only seen the highlights and the live footage of the Rayo game on YouTube the other nightā€¦

So for those of you who have been around to games so far, whatā€™s your overall feeling with things ahead of the season?

8 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I've seen the game from about 15 mins in... We were decent, pinging some passes about, decent movement. But just ahead of half time, we've dropped off and lost the intensity in our passing leaving them to be on top before the break.

We were really good for the first ten minutes. Wigan couldnā€™t get the ball.Ā 

21 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Absolutely SHOCKING defending. Back post corner, header from Naylor with not one player marking him or within 5 yards.Ā 

The way things change but stay the same eh

I never give much relevance to pre season games, but from the bits I have bothered to read defensive errors still seem to be prevelantĀ 

Moore needs to ensure this is sorted, it could be the thing that ends his Wednesday tenure if he doesn't

Different players same basic errors and goals being conceded.

Perhaps just a case of players getting used to each other etc but if we blow 20 fucking points plus again it'll cost us dearly.

Moore has to get it right in the first 10 games for me or we look elsewhere.

The unforced schoolboy errors by defensive players and poor marking in the box at set pieces and other wise, even with different personnel is of grave concern. It looks like defensive coaching is the problem. We could maybe think we have got rid of the culprits but the new players have caught the same bug. Looking like we need to score three goals or more every game to give us a chance.

Ā