Interests other than football

Supercockle

I wondered what people do outside of football, that gives them pleasure (sexual exploits notwithstanding )

Happiness for me is in art. I’ve been a collector for 14 years or so. It’s an alternative to chucking money into a pension and it provides a lot more fun along the way. I started with graffiti and have moved into contemporary art over time, more recently buying more eastern artists. 

Yes, I know most of what we have hanging in the house is weird as F but I’m comfortable with my taste. 

My wife is a trooper for tolerating me. 

57AB9258-1AEF-4AA9-9453-F8BC7F76969F.jpeg

85D354B2-9E07-4308-A21E-7832ED98F7A2.jpeg

33E6CF20-F715-4486-B2C2-B09CB339F38A.jpeg

2D094EB3-3D05-48EE-8250-752BC2097172.jpeg

D03AA50B-BFB5-41BB-9310-227D65475AC1.jpeg

D0BD3C64-6C55-48EE-B7F4-3C0C2AD6CF0C.jpeg

BA184EC2-22FB-4D03-BEDA-200D8E88E120.jpeg

82CE7B42-F694-4444-B081-FD3A9FB0BAB9.jpeg

16387A39-24C6-4476-A7F3-F1347EE99088.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Supercockle said:

That’s painted by a guy called Christian Rex Van Minnen. His paintings are insanely weird but phenomenally executed. 

Super cockle I have collected art for a few years now more as a hobby than for a investment.

I only buy original works and mainly portrait or abstract.

I will put a few on here for your appraisal.

• Like 1

Some nice pieces there MOTB. I probably like the Bendit one the most.  I also like a couple of the abstract ones, one reminds me of a few graffiti artists. 

Like you, I try to buy what I love, rather than just buy for investment but I think I’ve done ok on both fronts. The trick is to find artists before everyone else, and certainly before the galleries do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supercockle said:

Some nice pieces there MOTB. I probably like the Bendit one the most.  I also like a couple of the abstract ones, one reminds me of a few graffiti artists. 

Like you, I try to buy what I love, rather than just buy for investment but I think I’ve done ok on both fronts. The trick is to find artists before everyone else, and certainly before the galleries do. 

Most of the artists in our collection are long gone so beyond finding.

I am a big fan of 60s/70s abstract.

I have found that buying works from listed artists is the best way.

• Like 1

There are things to do other than football ? I think my Mrs would question that from me. 

Art is a very strange thing but I simply don't get it. And this isn't criticism of those that do, more self critical that I can't see what others see or like about abstract stuff in particular.

But such is life, I can find enjoyment in certain music that others would go what are you hearing beyond a few beats and bleeps.

• Like 1

Anybody else finding that when there’s a thread with loads of images in that clicking the thread title doesn’t take you to the latest post?

Just dumps me in the middle of the thread. 

It was the same on the “Pictures” thread. 

1 hour ago, LiamOwl said:

Anybody else finding that when there’s a thread with loads of images in that clicking the thread title doesn’t take you to the latest post?

Same for me mate. Rather annoying. 

2 hours ago, Fat Eric said:

I haven't got an artistic bone in my body, to prove my point, this is my favourite picture, on the wall in The Frog & Parrot, try to buy it off them whenever I go in, they can't even tell me where it's from.20220627_184035.thumb.jpg.3021637f59fb3c55b85f3b73c2a6fb6c.jpg

I like this too mate. If you can take a better photo, from directly in front, you could probably reverse Google search it and see if it’s a print. 

1 hour ago, LiamOwl said:

Yup 

• 2 months later...