Tramlines 2022

What's the Peter Crouch thing at IOW?   

A few mates went to see Kasabian at the Garage in London a few years ago and Crouch was at the front going mental arms round everyone bein all pally.....the same mates then bumped into Crouch at Brixton Academy a year or so later and Crouch spent almost the entire gig buying them drinks and following them to the boozer after.....they said they felt like Crouch was stalking them....😁

16 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

After watching Kasabian at Isle of Wight Festival looking forward to Tramlines now.  Awesome performance from Serge and the Boys.

They were bang average at the Academy recently though....Serge bounces around a lot but Tom Meighan was a much better frontman IMO.....Serge's voice is too weak ...

21 minutes ago, MPB said:

What's the Peter Crouch thing at IOW?   

A few mates went to see Kasabian at the Garage in London a few years ago and Crouch was at the front going mental arms round everyone bein all pally.....the same mates then bumped into Crouch at Brixton Academy a year or so later and Crouch spent almost the entire gig buying them drinks and following them to the boozer after.....they said they felt like Crouch was stalking them....😁

Serge went down off stage at start of last song (Fire) and headed off to one side of crowd and brought Peter Crouch out of crowd onto stage.  Crouch then became a 6'7" Bez !

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint

Anyone else watch Self Esteem at Glastonbury yesterday. Her bra modelled on the Meadowhall dome. I know she is at Tramlines and would recommend seeing her. Her music may not be to your 100% liking but she is a top performer and a good sturdy Sheffield lass. As someone said she does not give a shit but does give a shit about folk. 

Some top female role models out there musically - which you hope young lasses strive to be as opposed to those on Love Island or other reality shit 

7 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Anyone else watch Self Esteem at Glastonbury yesterday. Her bra modelled on the Meadowhall dome. I know she is at Tramlines and would recommend seeing her. Her music may not be to your 100% liking but she is a top performer and a good sturdy Sheffield lass. As someone said she does not give a shit but does give a shit about folk. 

Some top female role models out there musically - which you hope young lasses strive to be as opposed to those on Love Island or other reality shit 

And a Wednesday fan

18 hours ago, Reesh said:

And a Wednesday fan

Although not my usual style of music Self Esteem was up there with the best performances I saw over the Glasto weekend.  

She clashes with The Vaccines at Tramlines who I like but think I might go and see Rebecca instead as sure to be a great spectacle.  Have they dropped one not having her on the main stage, although think a rammed tent will make it better.

• 4 weeks later...

Loved tramlines I am definitely too old for mosh pits and I’m broken after 3 days.

Thanks and much love to the wednesday young lads that helped my missis out with a spot of bother during Madness much appreciated and love it how we help each other when needed ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Reesh said:

Everything OK Happy?

Yes mate just a bit of handbags from people who like to get as close to the front as possible but don’t like the pushing and shoving when everyone starts dancing etc. Got me daughter with us and some woman decided to have a pop at the missus and her bloke thought he would swing for me as well. Group of young lads in wednesday shirts that we had been talking to before the gig started saw what happened and made a wall between us and calmed them down 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Seen lots of complaints about this, when you add in you can no longer leave the venue and the increase in ticket prices it's value is questionable 

There was a petition going round on the issue of no re-entry, pointless waste of time. They'll only listen when it stops selling out. Final release tickets nowadays are on par with some of the biggest festivals around and Tramlines line ups are still some way behind 

The no re entry policy is why I didn't bother. Local businesses rely on footfall that Tramlines brings and I'd rather have a pint in a local pub every so often than be stuck drinking warm cans.

The organisers and their American investors are taking away what the concept of the original Tramlines and Sarah Nulty was about.

• Like 1

Absolutely fantastic weekend.

Much like @HappyOwl my body is broken and numerous mosh pits have taken its toll on my 50 year old body.  Still got it though.  Most brutal mosh pits were Kasabian, Little Man Tate and Yard Act.

Stand outs were Kasabian with Serge being an outstanding front man, Self Esteem, Shed Seven and James.

Yard Act were great despite James being bladdered, Little Man Tate brought plenty of nostalgia and good job the crowd helped Jon out with vocals.  Sam Fender is going to be a mega star and will headline Glasto or Leeds.

With regards to comments on prices - yes they are high but its the same in lots of venues now.  Once in the swing of it sort of accept £6.80 a pint - good job it was excellent beer on offer with Jaipur.

On the re-entry sick to death of people moaning.  If you don't like it don't go as Reesh has decided.  Things evolve and improve (unless its Wednesday).

6pm tonight for 4 tickets.

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint

3 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Absolutely fantastic weekend.

Much like @HappyOwl my body is broken and numerous mosh pits have taken its toll on my 50 year old body.  Still got it though.  Most brutal mosh pits were Kasabian, Little Man Tate and Yard Act.

Stand outs were Kasabian with Serge being an outstanding front man, Self Esteem, Shed Seven and James.

Yard Act were great despite James being bladdered, Little Man Tate brought plenty of nostalgia and good job the crowd helped Jon out with vocals.  Sam Fender is going to be a mega star and will headline Glasto or Leeds.

With regards to comments on prices - yes they are high but its the same in lots of venues now.  Once in the swing of it sort of accept £6.80 a pint - good job it was excellent beer on offer with Jaipur.

On the re-entry sick to death of people moaning.  If you don't like it don't go as Reesh has decided.  Things evolve and improve (unless its Wednesday).

6pm tonight for 4 tickets.

I spent my money in my friends new venture supporting Sheffield not filling has been bands pockets and American hedge funds

4 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I was happy with the value overall for who I saw.  Assisted by sneaking Gin and Rum in. 

Presume you mean Indie-go.  Will be paying a visit in coming weeks. 

Not a place for 50 year old proclaimers to be I'm told.

On 26/07/2022 at 06:54, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Ot always makes me laugh

Person from Sheffield 10 years ago : How come we never get any festivals or events like other places. 

Several years later same person from Sheffield : Moans and grumble about the experience of having a festival in their backyard

Do my head in all these moaning about Tramlines.  Its typical of Sheffield.

It is an absolutely fantastic weekend - yes it is expensive once inside but for me tickets are still good value for me personally see loads of bands including ones never listened to before.

Appreciate it is not for everyone and some prefer the way it used to be in Town but the level of moaning about everything is unreal.

6 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Do my head in all these moaning about Tramlines.  Its typical of Sheffield.

It is an absolutely fantastic weekend - yes it is expensive once inside but for me tickets are still good value for me personally see loads of bands including ones never listened to before.

Appreciate it is not for everyone and some prefer the way it used to be in Town but the level of moaning about everything is unreal.

Perhaps if you lived in the local area id impact your life a bit more but the only festival they have in Stocksbridge is burning the witches.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Perhaps if you lived in the local area id impact your life a bit more but the only festival they have in Stocksbridge is burning the witches.

The Burning Witches Festival is second only to the Sister Bothering Weekend in the Valley.   Pop up, you might pull and dilute the Gene Pool for us. 

If not, spend your time moaning about something that used to be free years ago and has evolved into an awesome weekend.  I have seen great bands, artists and comedians this weekend for 90 quid.  Personally think I have ripped off Tramlines. 

• Like 3