Watch yourselves Monday

I’m not sure the South is what it once was! These days at Hillsborough I think any away fan who decides to out themselves runs a high risk of getting chinned wherever they’re sat in the ground. Even through my 3 year season ticket in the Grandstand which I got with my boys you could hardly call it a ‘family stand’, plenty of lads - even in there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChineseYellowLorry said:

I’m not sure the South is what it once was! These days at Hillsborough I think any away fan who decides to out themselves runs a high risk of getting chinned wherever they’re sat in the ground. Even through my 3 year season ticket in the Grandstand which I got with my boys you could hardly call it a ‘family stand’, plenty of lads - even in there.

Grandstand army grandstand army 🙌🙌🙌😂😂😂

Edited by HappyOwl

I've sat in the Huddersfield end a few times when Wednesday visited....

Was interesting to say the least 🤣

Especially with living in Huddersfield at the time & most folk I knew were Town fans & they knew I was a Wednesday fan

Edited by owl4ever1867

2 hours ago, Wawaw said:

Used to love it on grandstand but hated them stairs 😮💨

Probably the best view in the ground.

Had a few seasons in there when we had family season tickets.

Cant is my spiritual home though, love everything (well apart from the inadequate concourse space I suppose) about that stand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheat said:

Cant is my spiritual home though, love everything (well apart from the inadequate concourse space I suppose) about that stand.

Aye we had a about 3/4 seasons up there. Covid stopped us from renewing and mates have got ST now on North now. 

was best kept secret up there  no coppers (we used to go on lep side of north and fed up of being treated like a criminal all time getting filmed, searched ) could get served in about 5 mins (at actual half time) and a Reyt view and leg room was brilliant then last few years other people cottoned on and was quite busy at bar 

One of them put a ticket picture for our end on Twitter with a comment like ‘help them sell it out’. Silly clowns couldn’t sell their own ground out for the semi final despite the sky love in about 45k. One club city and 45k doesn’t impress me. We would sell that ground out for a semi final 100% 

4 hours ago, cheat said:

The first row in the centre is a fabulous view.

For me the view in the South - just in front of the directors box is outstanding, my old man had seats there for a few years. Sadly that old uncle Albert lookalike twat was fairly near and pretty audible at the time. 

I’m told the first couple of rows of the Lepp upper tier is a superb view, never been up there, alas.

9 hours ago, ChineseYellowLorry said:

The first row in the centre is a fabulous view.

For me the view in the South - just in front of the directors box is outstanding, my old man had seats there for a few years. Sadly that old uncle Albert lookalike twat was fairly near and pretty audible at the time. 

I’m told the first couple of rows of the Lepp upper tier is a superb view, never been up there, alas.

Bernard?    Audible from every bloody stand! 

Those steps up to the grandstand were an absolute nightmare when you were carrying a bundle of 25mm conduit up there when it was extended in 1995. Great view from the roof of the South stand though, and from the old TV gantry. 

21 minutes ago, Sparkowl said:

Those steps up to the grandstand were an absolute nightmare when you were carrying a bundle of 25mm conduit up there when it was extended in 1995. Great view from the roof of the South stand though, and from the old TV gantry. 

So it's your fault that side of the pitch is a mess

On 09/05/2022 at 08:07, ChineseYellowLorry said:

Yeah him! He was just a few seats away mind!

Anyone know if hes still around? He was getting on a bit then which was 15 years ago!

Last time I saw him I popped in Stocksbridge Co-Op post office and he was menacing people on the pavement in his mobility scooter....once got stood next to him at the old Burden Park....all he shouted for a good 20 mins, at the top of his voice was "one Tesco...you've only got one Tesco...", obviously nodding to that supermarket they used to have on the away end ...

As for the Sunderland fans, apart from in the ground ...they were very quiet and kept their heads down before and after, noticed a few shuffling through Hillsborough corner with jackets zipped right up but you could see the Sunderland colours poking out....

Imagine it being us in their away end had we scored in the 93rd min......blimey Charlie....!

Someone said there was handbags outside the Crown on Penistone Road before the match.....?

Edited by MPB