Much derided ex Owl ….

Posted (edited)

You look at his YouTube stuff and his stats before we bought him and he was box to box, almost an 8, a bit like Byers or FDB.

I can't remember if Hutchinson gets injured or it's part of Luhukay's falling out with several players but he gets put in as defensive mid and is all over the shop. 

He did get sold down the river many times with Bannan's wanderings and being the only other central midfielder. 

I remember one of his best games was at the Sty. Just looked it up (18/19) and he sat as a screen behind Bannan and Penney (yea, I know) and in front of a back 3. He looked comfortable in that formation in that role and he was constantly being talked to by Hector 

Groningen play with two deep lying mids with a front 4 diamond with Bacuna (ex Villa and Watford) pulling the strings on the pivot. 

Edited by Tylluan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

You look at his YouTube stuff and his stats before we bought him and he was box to box, almost an 8, a bit like Byers or FDB.

I can't remember if Hutchinson gets injured or it's part of Luhukay's falling out with several players but he gets put in as defensive mid and is all over the shop. 

He did get sold down the river many times with Bannan's wanderings and being the only other central midfielder. 

I remember one of his best games was at the Sty. Just looked it up (18/19) and he sat as a screen behind Bannan and Penney (yea, I know) and in front of a back 3. He looked comfortable in that formation in that role and he was constantly being talked to by Hector 

Groningen play with two deep lying mids with a front 4 diamond with Bacuna (ex Villa and Watford) pulling the strings on the pivot. 

This one - the 0-0 https://www.transfermarkt.com/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/3053894

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

I never minded him or JVA, both got the shitty end of the stick IMO 

Joost Van Aken - just had a look what happened to him.

Joined Zulte Waregem in Belguim where he played once and got sent off.   Then went back to Heerenveen in Feb 22 and played 3 times !

Most of our better players had injuries by then but I can remember Luhukay being obsessed with playing the likes of Ash Baker, Penney and one or two others like Thorniley. Penney looked decent for a while and to be fair to Luhukay he was thinking longer term for the club but it was a very odd time. Not the right character for Wednesday.

I was at Boro away that season and Pelupessy just did a very simple job of keeping the ball and moving it on in front of defence. Main problem being Jacob Butterfield was doing exactly the same! And Lucas Joao was hiding behind the defender all night because it was cold.

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Luhukay couldn't handle Carvalhal's players because he wasn't Carvalhal. So he played the ones he could handle and that meant filling the team up with fringe players and the kids. 

To be fair to him we had an absolute host of players out injured for a very long time but he still kept us up.  He played whoever was fit.  Throughout that period, up to a year it feels like in some cases, Adam Reach stepped up to lead the scratch team and did surprisingly well.  Then, upon the eventual return of the main characters, he went back into his shell.

• Like 2