Just pack it the fuck in!

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2024/march/owls-under-further-fa-investigation/

If people know who these morons are, get on the blower and name them. Fed up with the club getting crap for a minority of morons.

All that's going to happen, and I've seen what's being referred to on sky, is big fines and partial ground closure. Would the idiots be happy with that if we need the support of a full house to stay up?

Just fucking stop it. People will know who threw them, weed them out.

• Like 3

This can only be rooted out by the fans themselves - engaging the one brain cell they actually have to stop doing irrespective of what they have consumed 

I suppose my generation actually grasped that the fucktard behaviour actually caused the fences going up, the segregation, the disregard for safety, the police presuming everything was trouble related. Da yoof see that as ancient history and that being an arsewipe is OK in a football stadium 

Will they give a fuck if the Club get a fine - Nope 

Will they give a fuck if part the stadium gets closed down - possibly but just go elsewhere in the stadium

Time for these prats to grow up 

14 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Agree these Numpties need to stop being absolute cocks - if it was my lad chucking a bottle of Pepsi would get a proper f**king.

Also players like Meslier need to stop being arses and blatantly winding the crowd up.  All for banter but he was goading. 

If you started winding me up in the pub for instance, it's highly unlikely I'd throw a bottle of beer at you so no excuse at a match however much a knob the player is.

For the record I wouldn't waste beer in such a disgraceful way 🤣

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, holmesfield_owl said:

If you started winding me up in the pub for instance, it's highly unlikely I'd throw a bottle of beer at you so no excuse at a match however much a knob the player is.

For the record I wouldn't waste beer in such a disgraceful way 🤣

I neither would throw a bottle if being would up in a pub.  Anyway I'm a real ale man. 

Apologies if looking to condone but again a flashpoint has occurred after a player has engaged with the crowd.  Kasey Palmer repeatedly did this and Meslier went beyond celebrating a goal.  He could easily have run to the edge of the box and punched the air in the direction of his celebrating team mates but chose to 'celebrate' in the other direction.   There are unfortunately many Numpties who will react.  Its a societal issue not a Wednesday one. 

Would be looking at video footage and banning any culprit.  If a minor their parents need to be made aware. 

As an aside OT are already blaming Chansiri for cost cutting on Stewards and Policing. 

So what if a player celebrates, winds up, whatever. It happens on the pitch between players too. 

It doesn't justify any absolute moron throwing stuff onto the pitch, at players, officials, or whoever. 

Idiots, ban them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

So what if a player celebrates, winds up, whatever. It happens on the pitch between players too. 

It doesn't justify any absolute moron throwing stuff onto the pitch, at players, officials, or whoever. 

Idiots, ban them. 

It seems to be a more common practice nowadays that when a player scores a goal like Bamford did Friday night to run towards opponents fans giving it them big time, Vardy did exact same thing at Hull Saturday. 

I'm not saying fans should throw objects at them but players should be celebrating a goal with their team mates and own fans. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bradowl said:

It seems to be a more common practice nowadays that when a player scores a goal like Bamford did Friday night to run towards opponents fans giving it them big time, Vardy did exact same thing at Hull Saturday. 

I'm not saying fans should throw objects at them but players should be celebrating a goal with their team mates and own fans. 

Unless Bamford did an ‘adebayor‘ and set off full length of the pitch …. He would have struggled at The Kop end.. 

it’s annoying, when opposition players do it, and they’ll get a customary ‘shake of the beans’ or a f-off aimed at them but still, doesn’t justify chucking stuff at them. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Unless Bamford did an ‘adebayor‘ and set off full length of the pitch …. He would have struggled at The Kop end.. 

it’s annoying, when opposition players do it, and they’ll get a customary ‘shake of the beans’ or a f-off aimed at them but still, doesn’t justify chucking stuff at them. 

In the Meslier scenario presumably he was stood on the edge of his area facing up the pitch as Gnonto put the ball in the net.   His choice was to turn and head to the Kop byline punching the air and waving his fists at the home fans.  Perhaps he forgot which end he was at.  

I just thought what an arse as would the vast majority but there will always be Nuplties that react.  Odds are the bottle will have been thrown by 16 year old Stoney wearing Youths.

Not defending the Numbskulls but its cause and effect disappointingly. 

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint

I think these players know what they’re doing and what sort of response they’re likely to get.It’s only one person doing the provoking but at a large crowd,the balance of probability is you will draw one moron out who will react inappropriately. A football crowd is a cross section of society with every range of intelligence and temperament.

• Like 1

I remember Paddy Kenny used to goad us a lot when he played for United. The Hillsborough crowd gave him grief and he gave it back. All good humoured banter

Same when Benik Afobe returned to Hillsborough with Wolves. He scored from the penalty and gave the crowd a bit of jip. He got the reaction he wanted. I remember he actually tweeted about it saying he enjoyed the to and fro with Wednesday fans after we beat them 4-1.

Part and parcel of the game. If fans cannot take it, well kindly fuck off and find something else to do. No justification for acting like little wankers over that mean player celebrating. 

• Like 2

On 12/03/2024 at 20:28, Kiwi Owl said:

I remember Paddy Kenny used to goad us a lot when he played for United. The Hillsborough crowd gave him grief and he gave it back. All good humoured banter

Same when Benik Afobe returned to Hillsborough with Wolves. He scored from the penalty and gave the crowd a bit of jip. He got the reaction he wanted. I remember he actually tweeted about it saying he enjoyed the to and fro with Wednesday fans after we beat them 4-1.

Part and parcel of the game. If fans cannot take it, well kindly fuck off and find something else to do. No justification for acting like little wankers over that mean player celebrating. 

THIS. ABSOLUTELY THIS

"But Mummy, but mummy, but mummy - I only threw a pool ball because I found it so nasty that those Leeds fans dared celebrate their victory at Hillsborough. Had they not celebrated their goals, it wouldn't have happened". 

Seriously, what the fuck goes in someones braincell to think throwing pool or snooker balls at opposition fans would be funny? 

6 hours ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Seriously, what the fuck goes in someones braincell to think throwing pool or snooker balls at opposition fans would be funny? 

Not only us. A Wycombe pub landlord had to claim a full set back from police after they were confiscated from Barnsley fans, who'd stopped off, when they visited a couple of weeks ago. The landlord tipped off plod after noticing the balls were missing after they'd left. 

5 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Main Road was the worst I had encountered for missiles.  One year darts were thrown over.

Is that off High Street.

I remember Maine Road being hairy.....

4 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Main Road in Stocksbridge I'm on about.  Rough as fook on Pension Day.

Bet Chris Wilder is there robbing his mums pension to pay for the bog roll at Shirecliffe.

3 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Main Road was the worst I had encountered for missiles.  One year darts were thrown over.

Them 2 flares being fired from that flare gun into our end at Pig Lane in 2003 weren’t exactly pleasant either. Any of us could have been on the receiving end of one of them that night and unfortunately a 13 year old girl was hit on the forehead by one of them.

Cowardly bastards! Yet another reason to hate them. Fortunately those responsible were apprehended for it and I think might have even done time for it.

I’d like to think they got a further comeuppance from a few of our lads as well. 

3 minutes ago, Winco said:

Is there only me that absolutely thinks it was bang on to lob pool balls at Leeds fans?

there just as bad

Should have lobbed the Full fucking table at the *****.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Should have lobbed the Full fucking table at the *****.

Shouldn’t have read this whilst attending an online training session.

Just burst out laughing in the middle of a presentation and made myself look a right twat! 😂

• Haha 1

On 12/03/2024 at 10:11, Reesh said:

I was being facetious mate.

Chansiri did get the blame for this on a certain other forum for not investing enough money in the stewarding 

My eyes have stopped bleeding now after reading it 😡😡😡

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Chansiri did get the blame for this on a certain other forum for not investing enough money in the stewarding 

As he is for someone showing a picture of a cancer stricken child, two Numpties gesturing to Kasey Palmer and Youths throwing their Fruit Shoot bottles at Meslier.

May as well add climate change, the Ukranian 'conflict' and Barbie missing out on an Oscar to his list to blame for.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

As he is for someone showing a picture of a cancer stricken child, two Numpties gesturing to Kasey Palmer and Youths throwing their Fruit Shoot bottles at Meslier.

May as well add climate change, the Ukranian 'conflict' and Barbie missing out on an Oscar to his list to blame for.

Makes a change from blaming Conservative Brexit voters for everything

• Like 1

On 14/03/2024 at 19:04, HappyOwl said:

Bloody hell, I wonder what percentage of regular Stalk posters have registered carers.  🙄