A nice piece about the boss

HoylandOwl

Those “AA” on the address bar at the bottom. 

That’s on iPhone, but imagine there will be a similar function on others too. 

It cuts out all the adverts and pop ups and just leaves you with the text, in this case it stops the pop up telling you you need to pay to continue reading. 

IMG_5501.jpeg

Edited by LiamOwl
Cropped picture

3 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I don't use that either.  😋

Cheers though!

Well maybe if you told people what you actually use to browse the web, then they might be able to help you.  Rather than saying I use android which is an operating system like windows is.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andyben said:

Meh

"Even off-the-pitch-turbulence, like Wednesday chairman Dejphon Chansiri demanding fans should put up £2million ($2.55m) for a tax bill in November (it has since been paid) could not dampen his enthusiasm for the task."

The bigger threat was more "he watched in detail the previous games this season"

As others have suggested the biggest risk is that if despite his best efforts we still get relegated, then either his own ambition does not extend to League 1 or another team comes knocking.

The last manager that made an immediate connection with the fans was probably Ron Atkinson.

Others such as Sturrock, perhaps Laws earned it, Dave Jones never really did, Moore had his doubters throughout. I forget most the rest.

Perhaps starting from such a low bar helps Rohl, but I think that underestimates what he has done with this squad and how he has interacted. One day hopefully a permanent positive corner will be turned and he is the one that delivers it 

He appears t have been given full control of the football side, something that rarely happens elsewhere and certainly not here.

If we do go down, I'm sure he'd feel a responsibility and would do the honourable and continue is work to get us up and beyond.

34 minutes ago, Andyben said:

He appears t have been given full control of the football side, something that rarely happens elsewhere and certainly not here.

If we do go down, I'm sure he'd feel a responsibility and would do the honourable and continue is work to get us up and beyond.

He did mention that in the article - getting more involved with agents etc. Some may see it as distracting them from the core job of coaching, others may see it as being in said control.

Football and being honourable aren't words that usually combine. 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

He did mention that in the article - getting more involved with agents etc. Some may see it as distracting them from the core job of coaching, others may see it as being in said control.

Football and being honourable aren't words that usually combine. 

The thing is, while DR clearly seems to get involved in a lot of stuff. He's also got different people dealing with things off the pitch too, like the psychologist chap etc. So maybe, that's how he eeks out extra time to get involved elsewhere?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

The thing is, while DR clearly seems to get involved in a lot of stuff. He's also got different people dealing with things off the pitch too, like the psychologist chap etc. So maybe, that's how he eeks out extra time to get involved elsewhere?

For me it's good that he is deeply involved as it will help him later in his career.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I'm using Android & can't see anything equivalent. 

21 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I'm using Android & can't see anything equivalent. 

On the right hand side of the address bar look for some horizontal lines like a newspaper print out meme.  Three lines on top of each other off the top of my head. 

that’s reading mode.  Sometimes you might need to select ‘open in browser, first 

Pleasant read that, even if some points as per ABs comment could be somewhat debatable.

I can see an upside to him being involved in lots aspects, but it could also mean we would miss him even more if he leaves. However overall I’d rather he has more control and opportunity to shape things, than be handed whatever someone else thinks he needs.

1 hour ago, Skamp said:

On the right hand side of the address bar look for some horizontal lines like a newspaper print out meme.  Three lines on top of each other off the top of my head. 

that’s reading mode.  Sometimes you might need to select ‘open in browser, first 

Thanks Scamp. I'll give it a go tomoz.