When?

Ozzie

1 hour ago, Snap said:

Well I'd agree with you Teddy, we should have let him go if we weren't going to play him. I've had a few pops at Marvin but mainly about his lack of pace and ability to get past his man,I know it's not his fault and he'd probably be playing elsewhere if he could. His crossing of a ball is up there with the best, certainly from the LHS anyway. The best play for Johnson is when he steels a yard and Bannan puts him through. Finished up Munoz just deprived us of a supply line to the strikers.

Then sticking Delgado on the left just confused me altogether, not hard I know. What was he trying to do? Play the right footed Delgado on the left and the left footed Johnson on the right and was that where the fall out come. Or was Delgado played on the left because he'd fell out with Johnson. Still no wiser. 

Seem to remember that Johnson did have a go on the right in Spain, I think. Maybe he came off and told Xisco never again.

Agree with all that and I'd hazard a guess that your thought on what caused the rift is likely close to the truth. FWIW I think that if MJ drastically overstepped the mark then Xisco was right to ostracise him and set a benchmark. Not to move him on and save his wages was bizarre though.

I look at the promise and pace of Musaba, Gassama and maybe a couple of the other youngsters though and only see limited appearances for MJ notwithstanding his undoubted crossing ability. Could well see him finally moving on in January along with the bulk of the loanees.

3 minutes ago, Snap said:

Yes, they look great don't they, such a shame we're so on the back foot, so wish we'd got Rohl instead of Xisco at the start of the season.

Would you know if we've released Boracic Lint to Derby or not? We may see him training in Dubai before long.😂

Yes Röhl was my preference from the names mentioned in the summer. Just preferred someone on the way up rather than the other way. Most exciting appointment since Ron IMO.

I think BL just dug a trench and defended it - no surrender! 

5 hours ago, Boracic Lint said:

At WBA, when he stopped giving a fuck and put out a team that was more 'his', even without Bannan and Windass was much better than the few games previous, and a bit like Saturday, played 20 minutes with 10 men and nearly got a result against a team better than anything we've played since. So some of the improvement was already there.

Without being disrespectful but if you think the WBA game was an improvement, that's a little concerning

We were absolutely shocking in that game. It was only 1-0 because West Bromwich Albion treated it like a training game after taking the lead. Had they bothered to get out of 2nd gear (if they got to that), it would have been 3 or 4-0.

28% possession, 1 wayward shot in the 2nd half when we were trailing, it was awful. Worse than any of the games watched under Tony Pulis, Alan Irvine or Jos Luhakay

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Snap said:

You're a better man than me mate, I can't remember hearing about him previously but I don't tend to venture far from the Owls when I'm after my football news. I had heard of Munoz though, I remembered him from Watford.

When the dust settled a bit and the usuals were eliminated, the likes of Lachini cropped up. There was another guy mooted whose name Ive forgotten.  Also Röhl  and obviously Munoz. Both interviewed apparently. Rohl was then second in command with the German national team which may have stymied things; or perhaps  DC just preferred Munoz. All subject to my less than perfect old memory!!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Without being disrespectful but if you think the WBA game was an improvement, that's a little concerning

We were absolutely shocking in that game. It was only 1-0 because West Bromwich Albion treated it like a training game after taking the lead. Had they bothered to get out of 2nd gear (if they got to that), it would have been 3 or 4-0.

28% possession, 1 wayward shot in the 2nd half when we were trailing, it was awful. Worse than any of the games watched under Tony Pulis, Alan Irvine or Jos Luhakay

Yep