25 years ago today!

Bellsview

I would put Di Canio at number one in my list of best players i've seen playing for us. Could win a game single handed.

Wilson was far too weak to handle him and Richards hung him out to dry to further his own selfish ambitions. Should have built the team round him and Carbone.

The start of our 25 year decline. We will never see his like again

As gifted as he was we should never have bought him. 

He was well known for his on and off field antics at Celtic and was becoming a liability. A lot within the club were glad they'd moved him on. They replaced him by shelling out £650k on Henrik Larsson who was on the open market after a contract dispute with Feyenoord. 

You can't build a team around a player like Di Canio but you could round Carbone and that's what we should have done. We didn't actually become a better team with Di Canio but I'll mitigate that by stating that the other signings didn't help. 

£4m for Di Canio or £650k for Larsson. Who got the better deal. 

1 hour ago, Sheffieldblue said:

I would put Di Canio at number one in my list of best players i've seen playing for us. Could win a game single handed.

Wilson was far too weak to handle him and Richards hung him out to dry to further his own selfish ambitions. Should have built the team round him and Carbone.

The start of our 25 year decline. We will never see his like again

Probably needed to win it single handed that night when he wouldn't pass to anyone other than Carbone.