Registered squad of 24....

HoylandOwl

The registered EFL squad has been released, I know Tank mentioned it on the neymarv thread but here it is....

Bakinson, Bannan, Bernard, Buckley, Byers, Dawson, Delgado, Diaby.B, Famewo, Fletcher, Gregory, Hendrick, Ihiekwe, Iorfa, James, Musaba, Palmer, Paterson, Smith, Valentin, Vasquez, Vaulks, Wilks, Windass.

Mom can be added, so can MJ (although that won't happen it seems), so can any freebie if we pick one up. 

Remember U21's don't count... So the likes of Gassama, Cadamarteri etc can still feature when selected. 

5 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Scary that Momo isn't listed.  Yes, he can be added once fit, (which would mean no free agent forward), but we don't look like we're gonna be seeing him any time soon.  There must be a big question mark over him, you'd think.  

It's easy to assume that yeah. But, January will be here before we know it.... And things could change. 

5 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Scary that Momo isn't listed.  Yes, he can be added once fit, (which would mean no free agent forward), but we don't look like we're gonna be seeing him any time soon.  There must be a big question mark over him, you'd think.  

Sadly Momo is out for an extended period it seems. Someone quoted him as saying 3 months, so to register him now would be effectively wasting a squad place for the best part of 12 weeks. He will tear the place up when he’s back and doing it this way will also give us the chance to register one more player (hopefully a striker) from the free agent market. Gutted for Marv tho, really disappointing for him.

Bit of an hatchet job by Alex Miller in the Stir re Johnson

None of us will know the financial details of the proposed deal and to say it would have made financial sense "even if only a small % was paid of his wages".

You know what it probably does, but you also do not want to forge a reputation of being an easy touch in such negotiations erm No

I think the fact we spunked £m's on Rhodes and Abdi counts as slightly worse financial decisions. 

I genuinely ask if the Blades get asked the same questions about certain players, or the financial sense of leveraging all your future EPL earnings upfront and the fuck off fees that must be involved. I have no idea what Johnson earns - it could be £10k a week who knows. In the grand scheme of total wage costs its nothing

Players are commodities - once you accept the badge tugging bollocks is just bollocks its a lot better than feeling empathy 

1 minute ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Bit of an hatchet job by Alex Miller in the Stir re Johnson

None of us will know the financial details of the proposed deal and to say it would have made financial sense "even if only a small % was paid of his wages".

You know what it probably does, but you also do not want to forge a reputation of being an easy touch in such negotiations erm No

I think the fact we spunked £m's on Rhodes and Abdi counts as slightly worse financial decisions. 

I genuinely ask if the Blades get asked the same questions about certain players, or the financial sense of leveraging all your future EPL earnings upfront and the fuck off fees that must be involved. I have no idea what Johnson earns - it could be £10k a week who knows. In the grand scheme of total wage costs its nothing

Players are commodities - once you accept the badge tugging bollocks is just bollocks its a lot better than feeling empathy 

This is fair. 

Interestingly Johnson replied to that article saying when the time is right it will be straightened out, or similar. So probably a few sides to it.

Anyway, I think it would have made sense to maybe loan him out and recall in January if necessary. But if Xisco fails to pick up results he might be back in the picture again under a new face.

A real blow on “Momo” he’s been the most exciting signing i think and would do the work of two midfielders to give us a bit of a platform