Latest England Squad

Tbh I don't even know who we're playing next, but it's fruitless picking players out of position because it's Moldova or whoever, when we should be building a cohesive core of 8/9 players to play together every game regardless of opposition.

He simply doesn't know what he's doing. Never has, never will.

1 minute ago, Andyben said:

Tbh I don't even know who we're playing next, but it's fruitless picking players out of position because it's Moldova or whoever, when we should be building a cohesive core of 8/9 players to play together every game regardless of opposition.

He simply doesn't know what he's doing. Never has, never will.

Agreed, but I believe he has surpassed even his own levels of stupidity this time around 

It’s a puzzling squad.

Maguire hasn’t kicked a ball this season, but gets in. Henderson is playing in a pub league, and gets in, Philips is now 10th choice for City, and gets in.

First basic rule of international football. You have to be playing at club level.

He’s bombed Sterling, which I semi understand because of last season. TAA is in purely to play in midfield, he was dreadful as an orthodox right back last week at Newcastle.

If he’s going to play in form players, then it means a team of…

Ramsdale, Walker, Colwill, Dunk, Chilwell, Bellingham, Rice, Maddison, Foden, Kane and Saka.

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Henderson broke his silence and said he moved for the challenge and not the money. That he understands the LGBTQ+ community stance surrounding his move but he's disheartened by it. 

He's trotted out the old 'positive influence from within' rationalization, as well.  Which is hilarious, if actually given a moment's thought.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Henderson broke his silence and said he moved for the challenge and not the money. That he understands the LGBTQ+ community stance surrounding his move but he's disheartened by it. 

Yeah, course he has. And I'm the new owner of Liverpool FC and I've just sold Mo Salah for £3 and a bag of skips, just because I can.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I liked Henderson as an international and as an England player. Technically good, disciplined, good talker and leader.

But his legs went about 2 years back, and we just have much better options in the set-up than him. So the day has come to politely say goodbye.

Can see this being his last call up.  Ward-Prowse should replace him in the squad full time.

21 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Can see this being his last call up.  Ward-Prowse should replace him in the squad full time.

Agreed.

Long term, TAA will fill that role.

Calvin Philips is about 8th choice at City (Center halves get into midfield ahead of him) he needs bombing too until he gets a move and regular football.

13 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Agreed.

Long term, TAA will fill that role.

Calvin Philips is about 8th choice at City (Center halves get into midfield ahead of him) he needs bombing too until he gets a move and regular football.

If you mean as the  completely unwarranted inclusion in every squad because he plays for Liverpool, then probably.

If you mean in Midfield for England....BLOCKED 

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

If you mean as the  completely unwarranted inclusion in every squad because he plays for Liverpool, then probably.

If you mean in Midfield for England....BLOCKED 

Can imagine KM in a bar talking with his Polish friends about "Trent"

2 minutes ago, Reesh said:

TAA is fucking wank!

He’s a shit defender, and shouldn’t be anywhere near us defensively, but I would take him as a midfield player for the simple reason that his range of passing is a level up from anyone else we have - especially when we look longer than 20 yards.

Would I start him? Nope. In a two you’d go with Rice and Bellingham - which is what we should be playing.

37 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

TAA gets in the squad, just not to play right back.

He gets in ahead of Henderson and Philips.

Our squad standard midfield players should be Bellingham, Rice, Ward Prowse, Maddison and TAA.

FODEN

ideally it would be a diamond four of Rice, Foedn, Bellingham & Grealish 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Andyben said:

FODEN

ideally it would be a diamond four of Rice, Foedn, Bellingham & Grealish 

Until I see Foden play in a central three at club level, he won’t play there internationally. This is his first season where he is playing centrally behind Haaland and not wide.

But I do 100% agree that Foden has to play.

I like the idea of a 4-1-4-1

Rice

Rashford/Grealish, Bellingham, Foden, Saka

Kane

• Like 1

How on earth have Maguire and Henderson got a game?!?

One is plying his trade at what is in effect, League One, and the other is 5th choice centre back at a very average premier league side.

If James Maddison is playing in a front three… why? He’s a proper ten who plays behind a striker, or at the top of a midfield.

That game was so dull, so lacking in spirit, in initiative. In complete and utter contrast to what I watched shortly afterwards. An England team gutted by a 2nd minute red card in a physical game against powerful opponents. Yet this lot had the wit, initiative and sheer guts to not only stun their opponents but to thrash them. 

Everything that was missing from our football team last night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owling_Wolf said:

That game was so dull, so lacking in spirit, in initiative. In complete and utter contrast to what I watched shortly afterwards. An England team gutted by a 2nd minute red card in a physical game against powerful opponents. Yet this lot had the wit, initiative and sheer guts to not only stun their opponents but to thrash them. 

Everything that was missing from our football team last night. 

Summed up perfectly, Owling. That England rugby performance was everything you have written.

• Thanks 1