Home ticket prices….

For Ipswich???

A game where we could have done with 'flooding' the stadium in blue and white and creating an atmosphere, especially if we get anything out of Cardiff and Leeds, and he's thrown a Cat C at this. 

If we're still pointless going into this game then the walk ups will be non existent. 

Let's just give the local media and our idiots on social media more ammunition. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Let's just give the local media and our idiots on social media more ammunition. 

On this occasion I think they’re justified. If we’re top of the league playing champagne football then I just about get it.

But we aren’t - and as good a start as they may have had, are Ipswich really a team you’d happily fork out £51 to watch from the South Stand at S6?

I don’t know what the club are thinking on this one!

• Like 1

My point really is what has it come to when our own fans are criticising our own chairman over Leeds. We’re not talking Ipswich here, or Cardiff, or Millwall. F*****g Leeds!!

Some would say that’s a sign of how bad Chansiri has got, others might say it’s a sign of how blinkered some of our fans are getting with their anti-Chansiri views.

Probably a bit of both. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Why would one off customers choose to go in the south, and not more affordable parts of the ground which will be  only 60-70% full, though?  (Not that the others are acceptable, though.)  

Becuse they can afford it there and like the sense of sitting in the 'posh' historical stand, which has ALWAYS had a bit of a certain cachet about it? 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Becuse they can afford it there and like the sense of sitting in the 'posh' historical stand, which has ALWAYS had a bit of a certain cachet about it? 

You've got that the wrong way around.  South has massive empty spaces at both ends and North always seems not far off full. (Bar the webbed off numpties bit.)  

I still cannot believe the EFL have not capped ticket prices at £30 like the PL. 

How is it right that it costs £17 more to watch your team at Elland Road than it would do in the PL?

£40 for me on the North to see us more than likely lose to fucking Ipswich? Not for me, Dejphon. 

I hope he's actively seeking a buyer and finds one sharpish. 

3 minutes ago, Footlikeatractionengine said:

I still cannot believe the EFL have not capped ticket prices at £30 like the PL. 

How is it right that it costs £17 more to watch your team at Elland Road than it would do in the PL?

£40 for me on the North to see us more than likely lose to fucking Ipswich? Not for me, Dejphon. 

I hope he's actively seeking a buyer and finds one sharpish. 

Because clubs in the PL don't need ticket monies to survive and get around FFP....

It's that simple.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Because clubs in the PL don't need ticket monies to survive and get around FFP....

It's that simple.

I understand all that. It seems the damage to football outside the PL cannot be undone. 

What bothers me most is the next generation of Wednesday supporter. Live football is a sacred thing to me and thankfully I could find the money to pay and take my kids when it suits. Doesn't mean I will though. How many other kids will miss out on that or be taken somewhere else to experience it?

8 hours ago, Footlikeatractionengine said:

I understand all that. It seems the damage to football outside the PL cannot be undone. 

What bothers me most is the next generation of Wednesday supporter. Live football is a sacred thing to me and thankfully I could find the money to pay and take my kids when it suits. Doesn't mean I will though. How many other kids will miss out on that or be taken somewhere else to experience it?

Next generation argument … fact is we’ve had solid average attendances under DC versus about 25 before he became owner.

indeed you have to go back to the late 90’s to beat 2 of the season under DC stewardship overall season average.

Season ticket for the next generation were £75 in Jan

• Like 2

Leeds reciprocal offer arrangement is crafty PR. 

They have a solid season ticket base and high demand for limited number of seats. Their prices are more expensive than ours if you consider our range average (guess)

Their dependencies on away fans is lower than ours due to parachute payments

It costs over 1000 for a season ticket at Ipswich in one section of their ground. Their top offer never quoted. I think it’s £82 on match day.

Ipswich spend profile means they have an eye on FFP - they also have huge momentum at moment. 

Leed’s offer is compounding the wealth gap even more with championship clubs and painting championship owners as the bad people - not that system is geared against championship owners!

Now I think most we can charge Leeds fans is £45 when they come - had we done a deal and matched at £35 that’s estimated 33k less in our coffers when the 3,300 Leeds fans pitch up to us -if we can sort the Lep out and open it up to more Leeds than could mean 50k more to us as a Cub.

No the eyes watered when I bought Leeds ticket and even I was annoyed we couldn’t do a deal, could of been an PR win for DC - but he’ll still be hated so also what’s the point of a one off win - he’s got P&L to protect from FFP auditors!

But the fact is due to train strikes it’s no different, indeed cheaper to watch us at Leeds than Cardiff tmw all in, and had the trains been on Leeds would have been cheaper than Cardiff away. 

Edited by EBRA
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, EBRA said:

Next generation argument … fact is we’ve had solid average attendances under DC versus about 25 before he became owner.

indeed you have to go back to the late 90’s to beat 2 of the season under DC stewardship overall season average.

Season ticket for the next generation were £75 in Jan

I think people are just concerned at the direction of travel on pricing. I am fortunate I could afford it but having got out the loop of being a season ticket then I actually question is this value for money. Yep I would prefer being in the stadium but let's be honest the quality of football and excitement levels are hardly great to make this a must see. Part of this is me, the buzz to go has disappeared somewhat so price is not the only factor. But for others it is and if the parents don't go then the kids won't get that first taste. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, EBRA said:

Leeds reciprocal offer arrangement is crafty PR. 

They have a solid season ticket base and high demand for limited number of seats. Their prices are more expensive than ours if you consider our range average (guess)

Their dependencies on away fans is lower than ours due to parachute payments

It costs over 1000 for a season ticket at Ipswich in one section of their ground. Their top offer never quoted. I think it’s £82 on match day.

Ipswich spend profile means they have an eye on FFP - they also have huge momentum at moment. 

Leed’s offer is compounding the wealth gap even more with championship clubs and painting championship owners as the bad people - not that system is geared against championship owners!

Now I think most we can charge Leeds fans is £45 when they come - had we done a deal and matched at £35 that’s estimated 33k less in our coffers when the 3,300 Leeds fans pitch up to us -if we can sort the Lep out and open it up to more Leeds than could mean 50k more to us as a Cub.

No the eyes watered when I bought Leeds ticket and even I was annoyed we couldn’t do a deal, could of been an PR win for DC - but he’ll still be hated so also what’s the point of a one off win - he’s got P&L to protect from FFP auditors!

But the fact is due to train strikes it’s no different, indeed cheaper to watch us at Leeds than Cardiff tmw all in, and had the trains been on Leeds would have been cheaper than Cardiff away. 

So did mine when I saw you put "could of"

Edited by Reesh
  • Haha 2