Exiled Owls given ticket boost

Reesh

2 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I disagree, I’d say so if they had to members or STH but they only need to hold 10 points. When I lived in London I went home and away every week 

It's a small amount of tickets and by the locations chosen that most fans would only ever benefit twice a season at best.

And that is from someone like me that won't benefit this season as I suspect per Google maps I live more than 45 minutes away from London unless there is a helicopter option

Edited by mkowlthesexynewversion

21 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

It smacks of the London Owls representation at the forum. Someone, or rather 50, will miss out as a result for people that are only bothered when the team go to them

Or 50 people won't be able to collect the points but sell the tickets to London Owls anyway.

I saw a very interesting article that NUST posted, basically there was a lot of furore that at the Etihad on Saturday there were ID checks by Newcastle on the Newcastle fans. That at home games and away they have to have photo ID. 

Amongst the comments underneath, there was huge criticism ironically not of the Club but NUST. That away tickets had become a closed shop, that many appeared on seller sites above face value.

Indeed they have a similar priority points system and with the new rules coming in the threshold has dramatically reduced.

And given I have been to QPR on a Tuesday night where its not sold out and I reckon 50% there are London or near London Owls 

14 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I've now corrected my post above.  Doh!

Had mates from all over the UK out there.  Swapping the Green 'un for all their 'Pinks', etc, as they arrived from home.  We once had a vote on them and the Green 'un won. 

I meant the large number of Arabic speakers there....

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

I meant the large number of Arabic speakers there....

They probably wouldn't approve of the pidgin naughty expressions we used within ourselves out there. Very funny, some of it.  Sort of like a Cockney Rhyming Slang version of the lingo, all mixed in with the Texan patois we shared our offices with. 

• Haha 1

Fact is we are struggling to sell out at Cardiff (think is just about done now)

Fact is I think it’s going to go to general sale for Leeds due to price and I don’t think we get 2,900 going! (We struggled at £42 last time)

Fact is most championship ground have the ability to sell 2000 minimum  to away fans - Plymouth the lowest at 1,500 (can go up to 1,850 ) 

We will not sell out at Plymouth - Wednesday night October.

Point hording and sell on is an issue - BUT you can build your points by making the effort and COL crisis will put people off.

Excuses will roll in:

train strike

its not local quickly followed for Leeds that it’s too expensive (principles)

The real reason - were all miserable because it’s a tough start - boo bloody hoo 

Holding 50 back seems an ok compromise to be honest given the volume of tickets available at minimum allocations in the league!

I guess am saying this season if performance stay middle of the table TPP isn’t preventing people from going games as we will not sell out as quickly!

Yes I’ve got points that put me in the top tier - I’ve missed 2 away games in 3 seasons - one being Hull this year. 

I think the point is that for the exiled Owls that if Wednesday rock up close by then you want to go to the game. 

And yes many of these games may not sell out so they could ordinarily get tickets and will, it just takes some of the fear of missing out.

And it's 2.5% of tickets and the go to every game crowd will never miss out

It's a small gesture for those that fly the flag for the Club from a distance 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I've certainly felt in a minority accent-wise around the London area sometimes.  I don't imagine I actually was but it was very noticable different.

The point is most of the locals that do rock up have either moved from Sheffield or there is a connection of sorts historically.

For those midweek games it helped boost the numbers because London away on a Tuesday is a different vibe to a Saturday for those travelling from Sheffield

Let's be honest it's hardly the glory seeker tourist mob rocking up

• Like 1

On 24/08/2023 at 02:17, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

The point is most of the locals that do rock up have either moved from Sheffield or there is a connection of sorts historically.

For those midweek games it helped boost the numbers because London away on a Tuesday is a different vibe to a Saturday for those travelling from Sheffield

Let's be honest it's hardly the glory seeker tourist mob rocking up

What is this 'Glory' you speak of? 🤣