Preston North End (H) - Match Thread

9 minutes ago, Reesh said:

I think it's a lot to do with quantity of work produced over quality,  maybe at the behest of their bosses, many articles are poorly researched and the fact a journalist doesn't seem to proof read and spell check their stuff is frightening.

I agree. There seems to be a need to have multiple stories about Wednesday every day, with no regard for its veracity or relevance. As you say, the amount of bad grammar and misinformation is embarrassing. 

50 minutes ago, Reesh said:

I think it's a lot to do with quantity of work produced over quality,  maybe at the behest of their bosses, many articles are poorly researched and the fact a journalist doesn't seem to proof read and spell check their stuff is frightening.

Did anyone see Mason Mount's brother have a pop at Talksport 

I did not see the Monday night game but they made a point of tweeting Mount's less than impressive Opta stats for the game 

Its the undermining of a manager, player or indeed owner. Clearly there is a point in time when it is appropriate but the journalists almost want to create the narrative not report on it 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Did anyone see Mason Mount's brother have a pop at Talksport 

I did not see the Monday night game but they made a point of tweeting Mount's less than impressive Opta stats for the game 

Its the undermining of a manager, player or indeed owner. Clearly there is a point in time when it is appropriate but the journalists almost want to create the narrative not report on it 

I saw the tweet. Journos are just click bait *****, mostly bald little NFL lovers who can't be seen without a cap cos they are bald tail touchers.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Bet he’s fuming  with the news of Musk removing the block facility 

He? Are Crann and Staton the same person? Wouldn't surprise me, both are wank at their jobs. Though I'm sure it's only Crann with the weirdo brother.

So am I, I've kept my sanity by blocking the McClures.

Edited by Reesh

37 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Thought it was Statin you was referring to, Crann is no where near the levels of jumped up little **** as Staton

You’ll just have to mute them mate 

Oh he is. He's a reyt fucking oddball, gets married then lives apart from his wife whilst taking in a Ukranian refugee........

Good to see Bannan staying in that role and not being tempted to drop back. This and two wingers, plus Momo has pushed us 30yd forward.

I'd like to see Windass on and going past Gregory if we're playing more counter attacking when away from home, but all positive so far.

Bodes well for the play off push 

9 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Possibly our most important signing of the summer looks to be out for at least 4 weeks with how he’s moving on that evidence 

Nev you've gone for new teeth not a medical and physiotherapy degree.

• Haha 1

Some positives today. We were better with the ball. We were better when the other team had the ball centrally. Some decent displays from some of the players.

But… awful from an attacking sense, the forward 4 barring Delgado were awful. Woodman had pretty much nothing to do.

The subs who came on, with the exception of Paterson were poor and at times, handed the initiative to Preston when we had pressure.

Ultimately, it was a comfortable win for Preston. A bit too organised, a bit too much Championship nouse. But some signs we might be turning a corner.

Better in the first half, but we didn't ever really look like getting an equaliser.

Not sure a long throw from Paterson is the only attacking option we can go for. Or the other better chances were great passes, but we need to create from more basic situations.

At present physically we are 5% below other teams, but in relation to thinking speed it's about 10% 

Famewo does ok but he is limited in any attacking sense. So a proper left back needed 

And Smith / Gregory got bossed by experienced Championship defenders which is a real concern 

What it has highlighted is what we know.

We need an orthodox left back if he doesn’t fancy James, and one that can get forward.

We need creative players in the middle of the park with a bit of craft and guile. And we desperately need a striker, and we need to throw money at that position.

Smith and Gregory MIGHT get 7-10 goals each at this level. Windass MIGHT get 7-10 goals at this level. But that’s being optimistic. Fletcher won’t.

• Like 1

I think Bannan is done at this level, the creativity is there but you need the engine to create the space in the first place, because there isn't the time.

Annoying that M Diaby got injured because the positive for me was his partnership with Byers. We had more of the ball and had a degree of control.

It was tough to then convert to chances or sustained pressure. 

Two tough away games in the league to come and we could be a few points adrift at the bottom by the international break.

We are seeing that the squad last year wasn't ever really a Championship squad

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Winco said:

You can see it’s getting better shape wise but fucking awful upfront it’s just too slow.

im still not spitting funny out till after 10 games, but it was getting a little toxic towards the end.

I think its hard having seen 2 "winning" seasons on the home front, plenty of goals and dominating the game, to suddenly look very under cooked for life at this level.

Thing is we flopped over the finishing line, the points record was good but personally I was never that impressed with the quality of football on show. We certainly never built a brand of progressive football and it was an old squad to boot.

As Ipswich have shown you really need to have made the transition to Championship level in the promotion season, we are having to do it with points and league position at stake.

And best laid plans can never factor in the pressure of being bottom of the league