So any one worked out what amount of pitch each bit is 

Not being critical, it is a great initiative, just an open question 

19 minutes ago, Andyben said:

... Waits for it

Who OO victor meldrew?

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

So any one worked out what amount of pitch each bit is 

Not being critical, it is a great initiative, just an open question 

It's probably a square yard given they are offering prizes for in game incidents in your area of the pitch.

8 hours ago, Reesh said:

It's probably a square yard given they are offering prizes for in game incidents in your area of the pitch.

Controversy abounds if there is a prize for a 4 yard sliding tackle or do 4 people win

I am sure I had a board game as a kid that you moved the ball round a pitch marked out as a grid.

I suspect this is a tad more sophisticated

Personally they can just put name on a register and keep the money and give the whole lot to the defibrillator fund.

These things aren't a one off purchase you know. They need a permanent electric supply,  need the pads replacing each time they're used and the pads have a natural shelf life if not used and need replacing periodically anyway.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Personally they can just put name on a register and keep the money and give the whole lot to the defibrillator fund.

These things aren't a one off purchase you know. They need a permanent electric supply,  need the pads replacing each time they're used and the pads have a natural shelf life if not used and need replacing periodically anyway.

Same. Happy to pay £19 and not worry where my plot is or if I win. I wonder if they’ll have an option that allows you to automatically donate any prizes won? 

should be fun trying to get a signal at Hillsborough on Saturday when they go on sale at half time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Controversy abounds if there is a prize for a 4 yard sliding tackle or do 4 people win

I am sure I had a board game as a kid that you moved the ball round a pitch marked out as a grid.

I suspect this is a tad more sophisticated

Here we go....

9 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Is that possible? Or is it restricted to one 'owner' per plot?

(I'm guessing I probably should've read the article in more detail!)

I reckon..

There’ll be more than one sold per plot. It can be done easily as they could sell multiple pitches and give out prizes ‘per pitch’

• Like 1