Donny Friendly

5 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

For those of us who can’t watch it, what’s the score please?

No goals.

We’ve had a Pato clip over the keeper cleared away as it didn’t have the legs to reach the net, he’s also slashed one wide from outside the box.

They’ve had a couple of half chances, And one that Dawson saved 1 on 1

Passes have gone astray, there’s little cohesion, we’re creating very little up front.

Pre season only yes. But there’s little, if any flashes to suggest they’re ‘getting the new game plan’ 

Because it’s not attacking football right now

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MAL said:

Anybody interested, the young'uns are playing Wakefield tonight as well.

Not watched the match, but they have just gone behind, shocking defending.

Cancel that scoreline, just gone back to have a look and it's now 2 - 0

I have not watched any of these games as simply not interested, but i think what we are seeing from the players is the difficulty of raising the levels after the end of last season. Plus the very short gap they had off - 4 weeks was it ? Throw in the shock of Moore leaving and getting to know the methods of the new chap

Not saying all is good by any means, but until we see the competitive games, decent crowd, on TV 

What has alarmed me is the utter lack of mobility everywhere on the pitch. I know Munoz wants to sort that, but the biggest difference between the second and third division is pace. We have some decent footballers, but no ability to turn teams around.

Munoz plays a running style, he needs another 4 or 5 in forward and midfield positions to even attempt it.

Issue we have is that we are basically playing with last season’s team, plus a few kids and minus a few departures.

This is the issue with not bringing players in until now. We’ve been to Spain, we’ve done the pre-season fitness drills and warm weather training, we’ve had and done the team building/bonding/camerarderie stuff, it should now be about final tweaks as we get ready for kick-off in just over a week’s time.

But we’re behind where we should be prep wise right now and it shows - but we were always going to be, not knowing what league we were playing in until after the playoff final. At the end of the day it’s a 46 game league season and nothing is won/lost in July/August. It’s going to take a bit of time for the new lads to settle in, including the ones we haven’t signed yet, just as it’s going to take time to adapt to and play a new formation/system. Fortunately we have that time on our side though, as a ball hasn’t been kicked in anger yet.

• Like 3

I agree with a lot of the above. I dipped into the game second half on you tube between doing other stuff. It stunk of a run out for us, different by them, home game etc. But as has been said some of our football was shocking. But I'm with Kev on this, means nowt, let's see what we do a week on Friday.

UTO

The thing to accept is this season at best will be achieving 55 to 60 points. So 16 wins, 8 draws would take us there to 56, permitting 22 defeats along the way.

Forget all the DC bullshit about being competitive at the top - not a chance

Forget about long unbeaten runs, get to 4 and be grateful

Accept the home form will not be as good

It's not being defeatist, more realistic about where we are as a squad

• Like 3

Xisco needs time, obviously and while it's wrong 2 Judge him now, people will.

Having said that, if your not worried watching us last few games......

The results are irrelevant but it's the way we're playing. We're trying to play out from back with players who can't do it, not Xisco fault, not his players although as a manager you adapt style to what you have and if  don't.....

Let's see where we are end of August. At moment we will get our arses handed to us

34 minutes ago, Mark said:

Xisco needs time, obviously and while it's wrong 2 Judge him now, people will.

Having said that, if your not worried watching us last few games......

The results are irrelevant but it's the way we're playing. We're trying to play out from back with players who can't do it, not Xisco fault, not his players although as a manager you adapt style to what you have and if  don't.....

Let's see where we are end of August. At moment we will get our arses handed to us

I am not worried as I never watch pre season friendlies. I recommend not doing so 

• Like 1

The thing that peed me off most last night was me deciding to go !  I never usually bother with friendlies as a waste of time but as I nearly pass the ground on the way home from work decided to go. 

I'd have been better off at home watching Sewing Be or Pottery Throwdown. 

Oh yes, the other thing that annoyed me other than myself was some of the absolute whoppers that follow us.  Stood up down the gangways blocking the view of people sat down with absolutely no regard.  Its just rude - probably symptomatic of society now.  

When your keeper is the player kicking the ball the most times in a game it doesn't auger too well. When your players can't regularly find a team mate with a pass it augurs worse. When a team mate does receive a pass and can't control it - hello Shit Street. Sums up the four games I have watched. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I am not worried as I never watch pre season friendlies. I recommend not doing so 

I totally get that. They are usually dire. As these have been. They don't really give a true indication. The one thing that we can take from these however is he wants 2 play out from the back and at the moment we definitely haven't got the players to do that.

DC has brought in a man who wants to play out from back and a totally different formation. That's fine but it's slightly contradictory as he'll have to spend quite bit money to do that, and can we?

4 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

The thing that peed me off most last night was me deciding to go !  I never usually bother with friendlies as a waste of time but as I nearly pass the ground on the way home from work decided to go. 

I'd have been better off at home watching Sewing Be or Pottery Throwdown. 

Oh yes, the other thing that annoyed me other than myself was some of the absolute whoppers that follow us.  Stood up down the gangways blocking the view of people sat down with absolutely no regard.  Its just rude - probably symptomatic of society now.  

Walking back to the car last night one of the mates said that, if we heard him next summer talking of going to "friendly" games, we were to have words with him!  I offered to put my own decision against going again in writing now!