Testimonial plans in place

40 minutes ago, Greno said:

I thought testimonials took place after a player's career was over 🤔

To be fair, his profile's getting higher, not falling away. And his charitable aspirations are worthy. "The times they are a changing", as our friend and  OO colleague CDLF used to enjoy, from Bob Dylan.   🙂👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

So go on then, if there was a testimonial game, who would it be against?

I'm not bothered but if we're ten points off safety, or confirmed relegation, when it happens then the full Brasil squad could turn up and there'd be less than 7k there. 

My guess is there'll be rumours of a side from Europe then it'll be Ayr Utd

A local first team side, like the pigs or Leeds, failing that a decent premier league side or a familiar european side eg PSV.

There are plenty of sides out there, it just needs a bit of imagination to generate a good attendance. Not a QPR XI or similar. Palmer spent years representing the club and giving his all, reward him fittingly. 

1 hour ago, Greno said:

I don't think I can name 11 different pies.

Steak and kidney, minced beef, chicken and mushroom, balti, chicken and leek, lamb and mint, Cornish pasty, steak and ale, steak and stilton, pork, and that God awful vegan thing at Forest Green

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angelinblue said:

A local first team side, like the pigs or Leeds, failing that a decent premier league side or a familiar european side eg PSV.

There are plenty of sides out there, it just needs a bit of imagination to generate a good attendance. Not a QPR XI or similar. Palmer spent years representing the club and giving his all, reward him fittingly. 

Remember playing PSV after signing De Bilde/Sibon.

2-2 wasn’t it? Remember a screamer from their left back, he ended up playing  for Villa IIRC

2 hours ago, Angelinblue said:

A Premier League or European side will want paying to turn up and then accommodation and travel costs. That was the problem with the 150 anniversary game and why it ended up being Rangers. 

It'll be Tranmere and Mike Dean will ref the first half and Uriah Rennie the 2nd half

• Like 1