What I’m Watching 4.0

LiamOwl

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Re-watched The Looming Tower this week. 

Currently on final episode.

Such a remarkable series, a dramatisation of the events leading up to 9/11 based on the subsequent Senate hearings.

Absolutely immense.

Been pulled from amazon prime so only on the jeckell sites.

I watched that a while back. Really enjoyed it, and Jeff Daniels in particular. 

Not sure if I’ve mentioned it on here before, but have you seen The Spy on Netflix, AB? It’s Sacha Baron-Cohen as an Israeli spy in Syria.

Yeah that's great.

There's a show similar to Looming Tower out at the moment but not in UK yet.

Ghost of Beirut, about Hunt for the Hezbillah terrorist that bombed loads in middle east.

Same set up. 

Dramatisation cut with real life interviews.

Made by same production team as Fauda 

Edited by Andyben

I’ll keep an eye out for that. Any idea what platform? Could always find it elsewhere I suppose. 

I’ve never watched Fauda, though seen you mention it before. I will get round to it. 

We’ve just started watching Shooter, which is OK. Feels a bit cheap and tacky, not helped by the main character being called Bob Lee Swagger 🤨

• 1 month later...

Binged watch a few series lately.

This is England (film)

This is England 86,88 & 90.

Inside Man (BBC)

The Sixth Commandment (BBC)

Gallows Pole (BBC)

Blue Lights (BBC)

Steel Town Murders (BBC)

Sherwood (BBC)

We've got the last 2 episodes to watch of "The Walking Dead - Dead City to watch & also 3 more episodes of "Secret Invasion" on Disney+

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 09/02/2024 at 16:38, Andyben said:

It's great. Pity they'll never finish the final series after Costner spat his dummy out 

We're on the last season, we're going to wait until November as S5 is split into 2 parts - that's one of the reasons why he threw his dummy out (apparently)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

True Detective is another fantastic series.

Season 1 is superb, 

Dips a bit in S2 but S3 pulls it back.

Last 2 nights we've watched 5 of the 6 episodes & it's been a great watch, really enjoyed it.

It will be interesting to hear how you think it finishes.

I haven't seen any of series 4 yet.

5 hours ago, Andyben said:

Finished S4.

Actually preferred the Vince Vaughn S2 - S1 was tedious too much McConaughy, S3 was very good.

All series absolutely not fit to tie Fargo's laces which is top tier

Intresting as I lost intrest with Fargo - can't remember what season though mind

Anyone have any suggestions for stuff I can listen to?

I watch stuff on my laptop with headphones on while doing other things, can't stay focused on just one thing, so I concentrate on the sound and sort of half watch things.

Done most of the limited series on Netflix and iPlayer, not that bothered about films as they're usually pretty visual, so story driven stuff that's told through dialogue. Or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

@Tewksbury

I'm like you and need something on I can half listen to. I'm currently working my way through McLevy on BBC Sounds. Brian Cox plays a police inspector in Victorian Leith. They're about 45 mins long and there's 6 series. The story lines are quirky but not particularly taxing that you need to stop and listen 

The infinite monkey cage and you're dead to me are also decent 

Edited by Tylluan

Thanks.

Not really tried fully audio stuff, tried a couple of audiobooks in the car a while ago but couldn't really follow them, mainly because of the same voice for most of the characters.

Done most of the English TV now as well as a lot of the dubbed Korean and Scandinavian stuff. Dipping my toe in dubbed Indian dramas now.

The Korean crime dramas are mental, like an unholy combination of Criminal Minds darkness and the Chuckle Brothers slapstick.

The Scandanavian slow burn crime dramas are much better than the English ones, but that may be because the British ones all seem to follow the same storyline.