Stockdale’s final Owls interview…

Came across well on Undr The Cosh. Generally players like him who've had to work their way through the lower leagues appreciate their careers more. Don't mind a bit of timewasting and shithousery either. Something we seem to have spent years complaining about other teams/players doing and rarely done ourselves 

1 hour ago, Gleadless Owl said:

Came across well on Undr The Cosh. Generally players like him who've had to work their way through the lower leagues appreciate their careers more. Don't mind a bit of timewasting and shithousery either. Something we seem to have spent years complaining about other teams/players doing and rarely done ourselves 

On the theme is shithousery and general wind ups who would your all time Wednesday X1 be? It’s hard to fill a team but I’m going with 

Stockdale - has to be

Liam Palmer - I definitely think he’s pulled a few “injury stoppages” this season

Viv Anderson - I reckon he had it if he needed it and that stare he could do would make any ref think twice about giving him grief

Richard Wood - seem to recall a bit of it from him when he played for the mini pigs against us, nothing when with us!
Michael Gray - did play LB if not for us, definitely liked a moan and I’m sure would be happy to do whatever shithousery that was needed

Ross Wallace - nicking that note at Huddersfield to mention only one

Gary Megson - I seem to remember some kidollogy from him in that 5-0 cup quarter final against Burnley 

Callum Paterson - needs no justification 

Terry Curran - has Kenworthy put his bottom lip back in yet?
Chris Maguire - loved winding up the opposition fans

Paolo Di Canio - he never got the protection from the refs but that might be because he took the piss 

I’ve probably missed some obvious ones.

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

15 hours ago, Reesh said:

Good luck to him.

Certainly changed my opinion on him as a person and a player over the last year.

Agreed. 
He was excellent at the start of the season. And as a squad member, and person he’s shown how a footballer can conduct themselves.