Sky coverage of the Final

SKY is getting worse . The Final was a new low ; we had

An instantly forgettable female anchor  who asked all the same old banal questions

Barnsley pundit-  a block of wood

Wednesday pundit Clinton Morrisson -the only ray of sunshine in this sorry bunch

Jobi McAnuff - another personality bypass straight out of the Jamie Redknapp school of the " Bleedin obvious "

I reckon Sky made more out of the so called penalty incident in order to generate a talking point in what was a rather mundane match . Sky seem to be getting more and more woke presenters who tick the boxes but are devoid of personality or knowledge of the game . Jeff Stelling replacement is bound to be a black , one legged lesbian

Didn't Morrison say it was a pen and not a red card. With friends like that who needs enemies 

The TV production values of Sky will never be done better saying that, fuck me if you think the BBC / ITV are higher quality. I just tend to turn on for kick off, flick thru other sports channels at HT and then switch off at the end

Given we never win away on sky then it was nice to finally break that streak at Wembley of all places. It’s hard to watch unbiased really but I don’t think some of their punditry is correct, especially on the theme of Barnsley being hard done by. The red was a shocking challenge and the game opened up thereafter and Barnsley played really well and without fear in a game we had edged for the most part albeit early on. That then brought more from us too. It tuned out to be one of the better finals after that in my view with plenty of chances 

No one mentioned Norwood tripping Ihiekwe up in the lead up to his shot on goal, where was VAR then? Maybe it would have been reviewed if he scored. But you’d not bet on it.

Anyway, all that matters is we have gone up into a league where we are no longer the focus of attention or such bitterness from others. That is what makes L1 so difficult for any decent sized club 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheExile said:

Given we never win away on sky then it was nice to finally break that streak at Wembley of all places. It’s hard to watch unbiased really but I don’t think some of their punditry is correct, especially on the theme of Barnsley being hard done by. The red was a shocking challenge and the game opened up thereafter and Barnsley played really well and without fear in a game we had edged for the most part albeit early on. That then brought more from us too. It tuned out to be one of the better finals after that in my view with plenty of chances 

No one mentioned Norwood tripping Ihiekwe up in the lead up to his shot on goal, where was VAR then? Maybe it would have been reviewed if he scored. But you’d not bet on it.

Anyway, all that matters is we have gone up into a league where we are no longer the focus of attention or such bitterness from others. That is what makes L1 so difficult for any decent sized club 

Interesting last point, moving up to the Championship we will be mid table in terms of media focus. And everybody will be aiming to topple Leeds and Leicester. 

Daft LG 1 as now given us 2 lasting memories of Play Off wins, but we should never be there in the first place really.

Too many false dawns in our recent history to say it won't happen again either - but the prospect of us re-visiting fucking Stevenage again jeez. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Interesting last point, moving up to the Championship we will be mid table in terms of media focus. And everybody will be aiming to topple Leeds and Leicester. 

Daft LG 1 as now given us 2 lasting memories of Play Off wins, but we should never be there in the first place really.

Too many false dawns in our recent history to say it won't happen again either - but the prospect of us re-visiting fucking Stevenage again jeez. 

Yeah I think the Championship is all about momentum as a lot of teams don’t have much leeway to change things due to p&s. Who will be this seasons team to get deductions as that seems to take up at least one spot.

I see next season as a bit of a free hit for us, but whatever we do I just hope we invest and don’t fall foul of P&S. L1 can’t happen again 

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Well, all being well, they'll fall back into League 2 next season anyway. 🙂