Playoff parade.... Wednesday....

Third division.

Third place play off.

Lovely to win but move on, it's not the Champions League for fuck sake and we're not a tinpot south Yorkshire provincial club.

Glad we won but fucking embarrassing that we had to do it..

Moore out.

On 01/06/2023 at 15:56, Reesh said:

Fuck em, pig *****, put the pricks in their box.

Then put it 6 feet under, never liked it when we've come at them either on the field or off, suppose that makes me one of the lower base element, hate the bastards, if you don't get pleasure out of what Bannan and the rest did then  Wednesday aren't  for you. UTO

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

Third division.

Third place play off.

Lovely to win but move on, it's not the Champions League for fuck sake and we're not a tinpot south Yorkshire provincial club.

Glad we won but fucking embarrassing that we had to do it..

Moore out.

Mardy twat.

On 01/06/2023 at 12:04, EastCraigsOwl said:

... I can't remember the subject matter or who else was involved but it fucking annoyed me that the Scottish chap had added subtitles. Why? He's not speaking Spanish ...

And thanks to the subtitles, we can all tell.  

5 hours ago, Reesh said:

Honours board mentality by some of our wet wipe fans.

For anyone under the age of 20 then I guess it is the best thing ever. 

Even for us cynical old bastards that saw the early 90s team then it was nice to have a positive outcome to a season for once. And the turnaround in fortunes in our favour is perhaps the most shocking thing ever.

The victory parade was a bit OTT for sure, but it did no harm.

The 1991 one was more appropriate but it actually did harm the Club with Big Ron's should i stay or will I definitely go routine.

But it all gets magnified, Everton fans celebrating being the 4th worst side, Villa fans cheering getting in to a European tournament, that will be shit and force half your games to be Sunday 2pm

28 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

For anyone under the age of 20 then I guess it is the best thing ever. 

Even for us cynical old bastards that saw the early 90s team then it was nice to have a positive outcome to a season for once. And the turnaround in fortunes in our favour is perhaps the most shocking thing ever.

The victory parade was a bit OTT for sure, but it did no harm.

The 1991 one was more appropriate but it actually did harm the Club with Big Ron's should i stay or will I definitely go routine.

But it all gets magnified, Everton fans celebrating being the 4th worst side, Villa fans cheering getting in to a European tournament, that will be shit and force half your games to be Sunday 2pm

This. 

Things have changed, while I wasn't there and didn't intend to go. I get why some did, as MK says for those of a certain age it's potentially one of the first times they'll have had things to celebrate, it's certainly the first time they've seen us with a trophy. The playoffs have 'made' this a celebration. I don't recall many bus tours etc prior to the playoffs for non championship winning sides. I could be wrong though.

15 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

This. 

Things have changed, while I wasn't there and didn't intend to go. I get why some did, as MK says for those of a certain age it's potentially one of the first times they'll have had things to celebrate, it's certainly the first time they've seen us with a trophy. The playoffs have 'made' this a celebration. I don't recall many bus tours etc prior to the playoffs for non championship winning sides. I could be wrong though.

I think the fact a certain other club in Sheffield I believe also got promoted,  the powers that be gave them the opportunity to have a parade, then it would have been slated as favouritism.

Perhaps the biggest shock is Sheffield Council actually doing something to promote Sheffield 

Saying that the traffic wardens probably enjoyed it 

Just now, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I think the fact a certain other club in Sheffield I believe also got promoted,  the powers that be gave them the opportunity to have a parade, then it would have been slated as favouritism.

Perhaps the biggest shock is Sheffield Council actually doing something to promote Sheffield 

Saying that the traffic wardens probably enjoyed it 

🤣

1 minute ago, Skamp said:

Biggest competition being where to find the raffle. I can only find a Liam Palmer shirt from earlier in season at £2 per ticket and that's after a long search.

Perhaps reading the article would help

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

A tad rich that, coming from a Yank.

Fair enough.  And a bit snarky from me, perhaps, so apologies if that's gone down wrong. 

But seriously - and I hope there's no reason to take offense at this, as I'm not implying anything beyond the simple point - a Scottish brogue* can be very difficult for some non-Scot Anglophones to understand.  There's no reason to suggest that this is any more the 'fault' (the wrong word, probably) of the speaker than the listener.  And, hey, maybe it's just me - if I'm wrong, it won't be the first time.  But it'd be a fairly straightforward answer to your query of 'why?'.  

Hopefully that's come across ok.  No offense intended.  

*not that Barry Bannan's speech strikes me as such.  

Edited by pook
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, pook said:

Fair enough.  And a bit snarky from me, perhaps, so apologies if that's gone down wrong. 

But seriously - and I hope there's no reason to take offense at this, as I'm not implying anything beyond the simple point - a Scottish brogue* can be very difficult for some non-Scot Anglophones to understand.  There's no reason to suggest that this is any more the 'fault' (the wrong word, probably) of the speaker than the listener.  And, hey, maybe it's just me - if I'm wrong, it won't be the first time.  But it'd be a fairly straightforward answer to your query of 'why?'.  

Hopefully that's come across ok.  No offense intended.  

*not that Barry Bannan's speech strikes me as such.  

Absolutely no worries Sir. No problem here.

My point was that, in a BBC video, they supplied subtitles for the Scottish player but not his English counterparts.

Now, if people are hard of hearing, subtitles would be switched on throughout, by the user themselves.

If the video is meant for UK use, there is no reason to split the subtitles as above. We're all British. We're all speaking English. Again, if the user can't understand someone and wishes to switch on the subtitles, then they will appear throughout the whole duration of the video. Their choice. Not a problem with that. But there is no reason whatsoever for the BBC to be selective and do as they did.

They're lucky I'm not one of those SNP nutters or I would use this obvious 'bias' (easily offended dafties may also play the race card, such is the sad world we live in nowadays) to increase popularity for the Independence movement.

2 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Absolutely no worries Sir. No problem here.

My point was that, in a BBC video, they supplied subtitles for the Scottish player but not his English counterparts.

Now, if people are hard of hearing, subtitles would be switched on throughout, by the user themselves.

If the video is meant for UK use, there is no reason to split the subtitles as above. We're all British. We're all speaking English. Again, if the user can't understand someone and wishes to switch on the subtitles, then they will appear throughout the whole duration of the video. Their choice. Not a problem with that. But there is no reason whatsoever for the BBC to be selective and do as they did.

They're lucky I'm not one of those SNP nutters or I would use this obvious 'bias' (easily offended dafties may also play the race card, such is the sad world we live in nowadays) to increase popularity for the Independence movement.

Shut up you porridge wog